POST ALL BBI TARGET/TRU ETC FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
digger
Officer - Brigadier General

new goodies

Post by digger » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:53 am

I think that is one of the weapons sets we have seen already but what is clear is the guy next to that card is a new modern figure, as too are some of the other guys. Hopefully with the new modern paras showing up at your friendly neighborhood Etailer things will start to clear up. 8)

Spartan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Spartan » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:41 am

Yeah what I meant was that this picture is from January, before the new weapon sets were in stores. And yes those are several new modern figs next to them. This is the best pic I could find and I just wanted to verify there existence.

aktiger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by aktiger » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:15 pm

I posted the question of the "Old Crow" name on one side of the fuselage to the Direct From the Source forum to BBI. Just got one from TRU today and am wondering if I am going to have to do some painting for authenticity :? .

digger

new goodies

Post by digger » Thu Apr 27, 2006 2:25 pm

Spartan wrote:Yeah what I meant was that this picture is from January, before the new weapon sets were in stores. And yes those are several new modern figs next to them. This is the best pic I could find and I just wanted to verify there existence.
I hear you - but just for the record I had one of those weapons sets en route to me in late December courtesy of another board member - so they were out at the time. Not that it matters at all, we are on the same page in general I believe.. :wink:

Bravo_26
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Bravo_26 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:56 pm

For those looking for the NEW Modern US Paras, we have just placed our order for them and the distributor says they are due in next week!!! :D

You are invited to visit our "News" page for more details.

Hey Ferg! One has got your name all over it! 75th Rangers Cpl. "Ferguson". How 'bout that?!

The other figure is named Sgt. "Brookes". hmmm?! Coincidence? We think not.

Cheers,
Bravo two-six
www.foxholetoys.com
"Dive in!"

digger

new guys

Post by digger » Fri Apr 28, 2006 6:09 pm

Thanks for the heads up ...man it would be nice to get some pics of these guys.. :roll: Only two is kind of odd but no need for 6 anyway. :P

I know a couple of board members got them in already, hopefully we will see pics soon. :)

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:59 am

2 Modern and 4 more WWII? that is a bit odd as a modern collector i am disappointed by this but think i will probably get the WWII guys just not in the numbers i would if they were all modern figs. Whats worrying me is that the names of the wwII guys are the same as the ones from the first wave does this mean they are just repaints?
anyway i cant wait for pics i want to see what the modern guys come with!!

mwanz
Corporal
Corporal

Post by mwanz » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:17 am

*BUMP*

Check earlier in this post. It "appears" that there are six new modern BBI figures... Gunner reported...

Found some new BBI Figures at TRU:

4 Modern:

Navy SEAL Combat Diver (in Woodland Camo Fatigues with Dive gear)

US Army Ranger Sniper
With 2 different sniper rifles

Navy Special Ops
Bare Armed guy with AK with MK-203 GL

Night Stalker
With laptop and GPS unit

Also appears to be two new modern paratroopers that are omn the new BBI website.
Currenly reading: "Armegeddon" by Max Hastings

digger

new guys?? class?

Post by digger » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:49 am

Like he said...

Being that it is over a week with no other report I think it is safe to say Gunner owes us more info 8) So, do they have new heads, helmets, weapons? What figures are on the back of the card? How many? Tell us anything...we're dying here.

As for the jump-ready guys I wish just one small retailer who has bought them (sight unseen, I never understood this - how do you know how many you want? If you want any at all? :roll: ) would tell us if the modern helmets are a new tool (which they seem to be), and if the they are loaded with weapons. Once we get them we can report on the heads coming off, the articulation, etc... :wink:

Or, ideally, bbi would give some more info but I wouldn't hold my breath. I know this is how they like to operate, especially with figures. No nightmare will be as scary as the distribution and misinformation during the 1st wave of WWII infantry. :shock: But in the end they were worth it. 8)

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:20 pm

hey guys just found these posted on another forum they look pretty sweet cants wait to get some!!!!
http://adctalk.com/index.php?s=addfbc0e ... ic=2012980

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:25 pm

They look VERY Nice indeed :D

Now where do we get them from :D

Nice to see NEW Weapons too instead of rehashed one`s :D

They Both look awesome :D

Ja
Steel Bonnet

mwanz
Corporal
Corporal

EXCELLENT!

Post by mwanz » Sat Apr 29, 2006 1:28 pm

EXCELLENT! THANKS FOR THE GOOD RECON.
Currenly reading: "Armegeddon" by Max Hastings

digger

Wow

Post by digger » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:34 pm

VERY GOOD RECON. :D

THEY LOOK AWESOME. I love how they have "bulked" them up a bit like the WWII guys to keep their limbs from looking so skinny. And I love the guy with rolled sleeves and cap...they all look great. :P Shame only 4 but that's OK..can't wait to get the skn..hope it's unique...

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:44 pm

Man, I've been hitting TRU for the last week with no sign of these - and these pics don't help. This figures look great - especially looking forward to the special ops figure. Hopefully we see more modern figures, as these look really nice.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Sat Apr 29, 2006 7:45 pm

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :D :D :D :D

Those figures look great. Can't wait to find these!!!

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Sun Apr 30, 2006 5:49 am

You Guys just remember there`s ScopeUK (thank`s again for the link mate :D ) & I over in poor old Blighty (England to you) who are desperate for these new BBI Modern Figures,so Remember us Pleeeeeeaaaaseeeeee :D

Just great to see a NEW Helo crwmember who looks fantastic :D

The SEAL in camo dive gear looks outstanding too :D Though hope those other 2 get spotted/bought & photos taken to see them too :D

Ja
Steel Bonnet

digger

like a kid again...again..

Post by digger » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:03 am

SB, I too am SO excited for these guys. If you note the headgear of choice for the Operators in the below photo you see bbi did good by us with the soft cap, shades and radio:

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/ ... an/c_sfa13

:D

IMO they should have put 3 of each figure into a case, for a total of 12, rather than cutting it with the two older WWII guys. Who knows that might have been a tru thing but I can see these guys being VHTF right out of the gate if they are not going to small retailers. I hate having the means and not the way... :?

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:09 am

Yea it IS great HOW Accurate they are doing the Modern stuff now & moreso they ARE using the Ops in Astan & Iraq as a base for the pieces they ARE making.

Must admit I`d say someone at BBI went & bought a copy of "Special Forces:War on terrorism in Afghanistan" by Eric Micheletti,published by Histoire & Collections.ISBN 2-913903-90-8.
Just look at the helo crewman & then the version of the 160th crewmen in the book,talk about Spot ON :D

I hope that BBI actually ship 2 boxes mate a WWII & the Modern that would REALLY be fantastic for Us ALL IMHO :D

Ja
Steel Bonnet

don
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by don » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:47 am

F-ing sweet!
I admit I havn't been paying alot of attention to the new figure news lately, been busy. So I just noticed this stuff about new modern figures. I mostly only collect modern and Star Wars so this is really exciting.
So...since I had such great success obtaining the new weapons packs a couple months ago though this forum (love this forum) I'm going to throw it out there again; I am stuck in Iraq and since I doubt I'll find these figures at a local street market I could use some help finding them.
If anyone finds them online (ebay, amazon whatever) please let me know, I'm willing to buy that way. Or if anyone finds extra of these in thier local TRU please contact me. I have got to get one of each, but would really like 2 each (custom fodder) if they are available in numbers. I have a Paypal account or could send a check or money order.
I'll keep an eye out for PM's here or feel free to email me at [email protected]

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Found new Paratroopers

Post by coreystinson » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:55 am

I found the new 1:18 scale modern Paratroopers at Toys R Us in St. Peters, MO today.

Between this sighting and other info I have, it can be reasonably confirmed that the case assortments is 2 each of the 2 new figures, and 2 each of four WW2 paras that we saw in the last assortment.

Clearly, this assortment is tailored for Toys R Us as it will be VERY problematic for mail-order retailers such as myself to carry since everyone will want the new figures but not the older figures, which I still have stock of from the prior assortment! I will not be fooling w/ this case asst. at SMALLJOES.

My suggestion is to get your butts to TRU and get these two new paras ASAP because they will be the first ones grabbed - the rest will languish causing the pegs to be restocked infrequently.

Unless BBI comes along in a few months with another all-new assortment that also includes these figures then they will continue to be hard to find.

Didn't see the new Modern figures. :(
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:00 pm

hey Corey that's bad news about the case make up lets hope BBI could do something different for online retailers!!! anyway any chance you could post some pics of the figs you found or let us know what gear they come with. also guys i have been looking at the pics again the old one from toyfair
http://photos.figures.com/photo/1/showp ... 6&cat=3437

has the first figure dressed in what appears to be a grey uniform and non of the new figs seem to match it if you look at the card back the only one it could be id the night stalker but he is woodland. The guy in the middle of the pic does look like the sniper but the guy on the right also looks different his weapon does not seem to match the ak gren lau of the new spec ops guy(there is no magazine but appears to have a fore grip ala m60 e3). Also according to gunner's report the spec ops guys baseball cap is molded on but the guy from figures.com seems to have a helmet top left of bubble. It may just be speculation but i am always hoping for new modern figs.

P.S. I agree with SteelBonnet it does look like they have borowed inspiration from Eric Micheletti i got that book and it is so cool!!!!

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:09 pm

went to Charlottesville Va, TRU
only 1 black Kiowa
noooo other 1/18 stuff at all
i will be watching for Buds P-51

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Modern Paratroopers pictures

Post by coreystinson » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:46 pm

Guys, here are the modern paras pictures as requested (pictures are big, so click the links):

http://smalljoes.com/private/modernpara-1.jpg

http://smalljoes.com/private/modernpara-2.jpg
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:50 pm

Wow! Those look great and will be a little more useful with their straps on than were the WWII paratroopers. Its really great to see how BBI improved on their own modern figure line.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

don
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by don » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:58 pm

Thanks for the pictures Corey. Those look great and now I'm hoping to see both of thier weapons in new weapons packs, that M4 with the second para pictured looks beautifull!
BBI really has improved what I already thought was a great product!
I look forward to seeing pictures of the rest of the line!