POST ALL BBI TARGET/TRU ETC FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
digger
Officer - Brigadier General

new goodies

Post by digger » Thu Apr 20, 2006 5:28 am

The weapons sets are not new according to their numbers.
I would like to think the 101st guy that was spotted was new but I doubt it.
The modern guys certainly are new - and this is where we need some info on articulation, head sculpts (short sleeves is cool), skn#s, etc...
Where is our LRRP team?

spect_spidey
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by spect_spidey » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:08 am

Yhe BBi site has pics up for 2 new modern guys with parachutes. Look pretty sweet!
Aircraft? Bah, if man were meant to fly he'd have wings! Give me armor and lots of it.

digger

Cool

Post by digger » Thu Apr 20, 2006 7:13 am

spect_spidey wrote:Yhe BBi site has pics up for 2 new modern guys with parachutes. Look pretty sweet!
Congrats Andrew! It looks like you have been immortalized. :D

I guess those jump-ready guys were more popular than we thought. :shock: These guys do look sweet. 8)

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:22 am

what's the URL for BBI?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

digger

Post by digger » Thu Apr 20, 2006 8:53 am

aferguson wrote:what's the URL for BBI?
http://www.blueboxtoys.com/bbi2005/html ... _index.htm

http://www.blueboxtoys.com/bbi2005/html ... /21694.htm

:D

And I should add the modern helmet looks very promising! :shock:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:00 am

CORPORAL Ferguson?? CORPORAL???

Must be a mistake....i'm sure it was supposed to be something much more prestigious than that.

I'll have to email Mike...

He is a rather striking chap though, i must say..

:D
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Thu Apr 20, 2006 9:35 am

From the looks of those jump ready figures, we might be in store for some "regular" modern infantry figures. Maybe these have removable jump gear which could make these great for "regular" modern infantry. Awesome none the less!!! :D :D

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:03 pm

Those paratroops look really cool although 2 seems like an odd number to bring out i am hoping that there are another 4 or so on top of the two previewed here. i mainly collect modern stuff but i loved the WWII paras so much i ended up with two and a bit sets and they are proudly on display.

The WWII guys came with a lot of gear and i am hoping that these guys will come with a load of new stuff too!!! :)

They do look really good and looks like they are continuing with the new elbow like birdog said i am really hoping that there will be regular troops too like they did for the WWII guys.

JohnLumley
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by JohnLumley » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:55 am

I found :shock: the bbi "Old Crow" at the Boynton Beach, Florida Toys "R" Us. They only had two. Now they have one left as of last night.

No sightings of the series 2 KIOWA.

John
One hundred and fifty three - 1:18 scale aircraft on the ceiling looks :shock: damn good!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:49 am

Nothing new at the TRU in Fresno CA. This was the first time I had been in the store since December, and the military toy section had practically not changed :roll: Just a couple Shermans, Corsairs, and Super hummers. There were also alot of the WWII Paratrooper figures (S1 with chutes) and alot of the modern Marine Force figures that have been out for a while. This same store never got the WWII Infantry figures when they were out, so I am skeptical on it getting the new stuff as well...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:25 pm

THey have the S1 Corsair and S1 Kiowa at the Tustin Market Place TRU. Haven't checked around yet though. I want to find the Old Crow P-51... *hopes*

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:57 pm

The TRU in Pleasant Hill, CA did not have the new Kiowa or the new figures. They did have the P-51 and Marines Dream Corsair along with a bunch of the paratroopers, USMC figures, and the Sherman tanks. :D

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Fri Apr 21, 2006 2:40 pm

Broadway TRU had the Kiowa, Old Crow P51, Corsairs, Sherman. But no sign of the new accessory packs or figures (dang).

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Sat Apr 22, 2006 7:24 pm

I found "Old Crow" at the Peoria TRU. Also the Sherman, and the Marine's Dream Corsair.

digger

new modern figs

Post by digger » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:07 am

Gunner wrote:
Found some new BBI Figures at TRU:

4 Modern:
Navy SEAL Combat Diver (in Woodland Camo Fatigues with Dive gear)

US Army Ranger Sniper
With 2 different sniper rifles

Navy Special Ops
Bare Armed guy with AK with MK-203 GL

Night Stalker
With laptop and GPS unit
Just a reminder that there are new bbi figures at TRU and we could use some recon. Since this post does not appear in this thread I just wanted to be sure nobody missed it. 8)

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:43 am

For those in the Atlanta area, I checked the TRUs in Morrow, Douglasville, Kennesaw, the TRU on Cobb Parkway, and the TRU off of Buckhead Loop Dr. and there were NO new figures or new Kiowa "black" paint scheme as of yesterday. I did see the new "Old Crow" P-51 at the Douglasville and Kennesaw TRUs though.

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sun Apr 23, 2006 12:51 pm

I checked the 2 area TRUs here Friday during my lunch hour, and nothing new yet. All of the new items look worthwhile in my book.

mwanz
Corporal
Corporal

RECON: N RIVERSIDE IL

Post by mwanz » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:09 pm

I did a check of the N Riverside IL TRU. 6 old Kiowas, 2 p51 "killers", 2 "old crow" p51s (picked these up), some humvees, corsairs... They have all of the soldiers except the new ones. Darn...
Currenly reading: "Armegeddon" by Max Hastings

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Mon Apr 24, 2006 5:48 pm

Checked three TRUs in the Baltimore area. Stopped at the TRU in Glenn Burnie, Columbia, and Catonsville. Found the "Old Crow" P-51 at all three. The "Marine's Dream" Corsair and first paint scheme Kiowa were at the Columbia TRU. NO New Figures or second paint scheme Kiowas in any of them.

aae83
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by aae83 » Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:31 pm

Yesterday, I was pleased to find a 1/18 BBI Old Crow Mustang at the Crestwood, MO, TRU.

Upon getting it home, however, I noticed that the painted name "Old Crow" appears only on the port side of the aircraft and not the starboard. Is this historically correct for the green Old Crow P-51D? Are other people's Old Crows similarly marked?

The reason I ask is I have a 1/72 Matchbox/Dinky Old Crow and small Corgi Fighting Machines Old Crow that each have the name on both sides.

Also, the modeler tips on the Bud Anderson site indicate the name appears on both sides. (http://www.cebudanderson.com/357profilelodcrowgreen.htm; see note B)

Finally, the Scandinavian Historic Flight P-51D is marked Old Crow on both sides. (http://www.shf.as/images/gallery/mustang/p51d_green.jpg)

I apologize if this has been discussed previously; if it was, I couldn't find it on this site (though I did search :) ).

Thanks,
John

aae83

digger

new stuff

Post by digger » Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:28 pm

John, I wish I could help you on the Old Crow - but I have no idea. That may be a question for the Direct from the source thread..it is safe to say the bbi products are well researched so you may get a good answer there.

On the topic of info from bbi...anyone get a newsletter about the new figs? I know they claim the newsletter has the latest info but here we have another phantom bbi release. :roll: I really don't understand why these new figures have to be a secret? :? Why can't we see pics or get some info now that they have actually made it stateside? Where is Area 21 when you need them...

Morian Miner

Re: new stuff

Post by Morian Miner » Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:46 pm

digger wrote:John, I wish I could help you on the Old Crow - but I have no idea. That may be a question for the Direct from the source thread..it is safe to say the bbi products are well researched so you may get a good answer there.

On the topic of info from bbi...anyone get a newsletter about the new figs? I know they claim the newsletter has the latest info but here we have another phantom bbi release. :roll: I really don't understand why these new figures have to be a secret? :? Why can't we see pics or get some info now that they have actually made it stateside? Where is Area 21 when you need them...
You know the answer.....wait and see :D

Seriously, I don't understand why, even with these released, you don't even see pictures of them. It would be nice to show the wife what I'm looking for. Even today, I had three figures I thought were the new ones in my hand, until I looked at the elbows and realised it was old stock I never bought. Then again, even the new stuff posted with pictures on the site, did anyone hear from the fan club - I didn't.

Still waiting for someone here to post pics of them :wink:

mwanz
Corporal
Corporal

Post by mwanz » Wed Apr 26, 2006 6:35 pm

Are we confident this isn't poor info? I mean, no other verifiable sightings of the figures ANYWHERE makes me scratch my head and wonder... Although the two new posts on BBI site seem to support a new wave of modern folks... Anyway, anyone who gets pictures up will be high on my list!

Spartan
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Spartan » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:35 am

I had my doubts as well. But check out the background in this pic. It looks like one of the newer weapon sets on the far left and this is an old pic.

http://photos.figures.com/photo/1/showp ... 6&cat=3437

mwanz
Corporal
Corporal

BBI

Post by mwanz » Thu Apr 27, 2006 6:52 am

I know the new weapon sets are out because I have two sets of them! I think the pictures of the SFOR Kiowa verifies its existence. I think its interesting too that everywhere I go, there are several std Woodland Camo HUMVEEs where there weren't before. They don't appear to be anything new. MIKE: we need some help on this one. Can you confirm the new sightings? I dig the WWII stuff, but I've got a wad of cash waiting for the new moderns!