1/18 accessories

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

1/18 accessories

Post by exether_mega » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:02 am

Hi guys,

greetings from Belgium !

I am new in the forum so sorry if it has already been discussed but is there any 1/18 scale accessories aviable like jerry cans, realistic tow cables, upgrade kit and so on ?

I am new in the 1/18 scale military model but thanks to Santa ( and my wife) I have now some good stuff :
Tiger, Panther, 2 SDKFZ 251, Sherman, Dodge WC57, M3 halftrack, Abrams and Bradley.

I plan to repaint and modify all as I have long experience in modeling.

I am happy to find a place to talk about 1/18 scale stuff.

Take care all.

phil

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:28 pm

Glad to have another European XD collector! This hobby needs all the people it can get from around the world. Having spent several months total in Europe, there is deffinitely a market for these products!

To answer your question, here is a link to a online retailer called Build-a-Rama. They are based in the state of Arizona and make 1:18 and 1:32 scale military accessories. They have a wide variety of items to choose from and they are of good quality. They have a bunch of the things you are looking for. I specifically like the stowage kits, the crates, and the ammo-boxes. Hope this helps!

http://www.build-a-rama.com/

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:30 am

Thanks a lot for your welcome and answer :D

I am agree with you about the real opportunity for manufacturers to jump in this market. There is so much to do. Unfortunately, it's hard to get some here in Europe at raisonable prices. For exemple, BBi Abrams is around $110,00 in Germany. That's why my stuff come from the US, more cheaper even with the shipping cost.

Thanks for the link. Sad there is no more accessories. Well, I will make some myself.

BTW, where were you in Europe ?

Take care.

phil

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:55 am

Glad it works out for you! I have heard reports of XD products being sold in England, under a licence from Corgi, so that may make things a little cheaper...

I studied in London for 4 months in 2003 and then studied again in Rome for a month last July. I haven't visited Belgium yet, but besides England and Italy, I've been to France, Spain, Germany, Norway, Sweden, and Greece. That entire part if the world is one heck of a place and I can't wait to go back again!

red69charger
Sergeant
Sergeant

tow cables

Post by red69charger » Fri Dec 10, 2004 9:26 am

I make my replacement tow cables out of picture wire and brass sheet. Cut the wire to correct length, make a loop at either end and wrap the loop tightly with a cut piece of brass sheet. The brass sheet can be purchased from any good hobby shop. Its easy, cheap, and looks great IMHO.

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Fri Dec 10, 2004 11:55 am

Thanks for tow cables tip :wink:

tmanthegreat, if you come to Belgium, let me know !

Take care.

phil

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Fri Dec 10, 2004 1:24 pm

It would be great if a company came out with some F4U accessories or P-51 stuff for if you wanted to make a diorama scene with your big 1/18th fighters. If only BBI would have put a merlin engine in their Mustang, that would have been awsome.