21C WALMART UPDATE...POST FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Lex
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lex » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:08 am

thanks for the welcome and B-day Fella's. also forgot to mention that they had a few US Para's Operation Market Garden.

Popeye
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Popeye » Tue Apr 04, 2006 12:52 am

Hi, I'm from B.C. Canada and Wal-mart here doesn't carry any products from 21st century Toys. Can anyone help me out in finding out to get some stuff from somewhere else other than ebay?

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:31 am

Popeye wrote:Hi, I'm from B.C. Canada and Wal-mart here doesn't carry any products from 21st century Toys. Can anyone help me out in finding out to get some stuff from somewhere else other than ebay?
There are quite a few on-line stores that carry 21st Century stuff. Just google 1:18 XD and they will pop up for you. Good luck! :)

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

Popeye
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Popeye » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:06 am

Teamski wrote:
Popeye wrote:Hi, I'm from B.C. Canada and Wal-mart here doesn't carry any products from 21st century Toys. Can anyone help me out in finding out to get some stuff from somewhere else other than ebay?
There are quite a few on-line stores that carry 21st Century stuff. Just google 1:18 XD and they will pop up for you. Good luck! :)

-Ski
Do you know of any specific stores off-hand? I do know of a couple (Bad Cat Toys), but I would like to check as many sources as possible, and I am having dificulty finding decent results.

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:46 am

Popeye wrote:
Teamski wrote:Do you know of any specific stores off-hand? I do know of a couple (Bad Cat Toys), but I would like to check as many sources as possible, and I am having dificulty finding decent results.
Click here, http://www.21stcenturytoys.com/. Next to the 21st logo in the top left corner is a "Where to purchase" link. Click on that and it will show a loooong list of retailers.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields

Popeye
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Popeye » Tue Apr 04, 2006 10:14 am

I also have been doing that. Can you guys tell me from your own personal experience which one or ones have the lowest shipping rates, good customer service and prices.

boyx30
Sergeant
Sergeant

PLEASANTON CALIFORNIA WALMART

Post by boyx30 » Tue Apr 04, 2006 1:40 pm

Well they hit Northern Calif.

Spotted a Sahl and a Hackle 109G there might have been others but too high up to get a look at. 1 troop transport truck. I did not spot any F104 at all...also several 1/32 Zero's and 1 Macchi....

I'm holding out for the Me262's and maybe if the do a North African 109

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:16 pm

Those planes have been in my area in central california for a few weeks now, and at a couple different stores. I really like the looks of the Sahl 109 (already having the Hackl) but I've got enough of that particular make of plane already...
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:20 pm

You gotta get the Gunther Rall 109, special packaging, Rall's bio.

Did you know he flew F104's in the rebuilt German Airforce and retired as a general.

Can you imagine what his fellow young pilots must have felt like, flying with the third highest ranking WW2 ace from the mighty german luftwaffe in the 60's.

chills

DH

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:44 am

Do you know of any specific stores off-hand? I do know of a couple (Bad Cat Toys), but I would like to check as many sources as possible, and I am having dificulty finding decent results.
One place I just recently started ordering from is.... http://www.wartoyz.com/ Good selection, good prices, and outstanding service, I received two different orders from them in an average of 2-3 days from the time the order was placed. Now, they are located in my region (mid-atlantic US) so that may account for the speedy shipping to some extent, but they seem to process your order very quickly (usually the same day) in my experience. They have some nice stuff available for pre-order as well, and they answer e-mail inquiries pretty quickly too. All things considered, I can highly recommend them.

Jolly Roger
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jolly Roger » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:40 pm

just found a F-104 @ WallyWorld here in Phx, AZ!!!

39.99 is a deal.. but it was the only one, and nothing else but 109's :roll:
Still withering away from the A-10 Hunger Striker.

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:45 pm

Jolly Roger,

Which version was it? I've only seen the US version down here, and wondering if that's all that's show up in this area.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:12 am

Did a recon earlier today of three WMs in my immediate area. All three are well stocked with the Graff, Hackl, and Sahl ME-109Gs, Sky Captain P-40s, silver F-104s, and S2 Japanese and OMG Paras. There is also a scattering of Hummers and RC Panzers & M113s. There are alot of 32x Panzer IVDs, Brumbars, and Stug IVs and a scattering of S3 Macchis & Zeros. Its a shame to see all the new 109s sitting around. I would pick up a Sahl version, save that I have enough ME-109s and there are plenty of new releases coming!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Jolly Roger
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jolly Roger » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:42 pm

mine was the F-104 C/G ..

i have never had one up close before, but this one does not have ammo doors :? anyone else notice this.. or are all of them fake ammo doors.. because the box shows an opening ammo door!

wierd.

its got a pic on the back of the Sharkmouth Huey.. i really hope that hits
WM

Lex
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Lex » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:32 pm

Just found a M3A3 Halftrack laying on the back of a rack covered in dust. a whole lot of the 32x special addition boxed Planes also

digger

Post by digger » Sat Apr 08, 2006 5:22 am

Jolly Roger wrote:mine was the F-104 C/G ..

i have never had one up close before, but this one does not have ammo doors :? anyone else notice this.. or are all of them fake ammo doors.. because the box shows an opening ammo door!

wierd.

WM
I thought the box showed the air brake. Either way it is not functional on the actual model, the box is a little, er...progressive. :wink:
I wouldn't hold my breath for the Shark Huey at WM although I guess anything is possible. :P

Jolly Roger
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jolly Roger » Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:03 pm

digger wrote:
Jolly Roger wrote:mine was the F-104 C/G ..

wierd.

WM
I thought the box showed the air brake. Either way it is not functional on the actual model, the box is a little, er...progressive. :wink:
I wouldn't hold my breath for the Shark Huey at WM although I guess anything is possible. :P

awesome, thanks for that info, sucks it doesnt open, but its still a dang good deal at 40$

i can remember the first time i saw heavy shipments of Motorworks, with the CIA Huey, P-40 and Sherman, the Huey sold quick and left the others to dust.. i hope it returns.

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Sat Apr 08, 2006 1:51 pm

I wonder if we are creating our own problems? Many different Walmarts tend to carry different items of the stuff we want, so many folks might buy online somewhere just to be sure to get it.

And then a month or two later WM has it on their shelves and sits there cause the collector types have already bought it online not trusting to WM distribution.

I bought the Silver F104, German F104 a few 109's and some others online, and now various WM have 2 of each. I haven't seen the Stuka, Corsair in any of these Florida east coast WM.

Yet the one WM had 4 P-51 Ridgerunners when the online guys had them as pre order.

I'm hoping I'll walk into a WM and see the Avengers. Even though I have 2 on pre order.

DH

digger

distribution

Post by digger » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:22 pm

scbvideoboy wrote:I wonder if we are creating our own problems? Many different Walmarts tend to carry different items of the stuff we want, so many folks might buy online somewhere just to be sure to get it.

And then a month or two later WM has it on their shelves and sits there cause the collector types have already bought it online not trusting to WM distribution.
DH
To some extent you are right - S3-S4 109Gs sold out quick at first arrival online and are now sitting at some WMs b/c the "serious" folks bought them already. The 21st Stuka, bbi Corsair, 21st P-51 and 21st Bunker Hill Corsair are all examples of birds that were pushed as pre-orders - don't miss out - but then appeared first in stores for a lot less. On the other hand with these companies nobody ever knows for sure so we can't blame people for covering themselves. For example when the new bbi guys were at TRU I couldn't really find them so I needed to wait another 4 months for a second run. Needless to say at that point I was definitely ordering online asap to not get burned again.

As for the Avenger I would not be surprised if the Atlantic version was going to WM, and long before most retailers get theirs. Just a hunch (hopefully not correct).

Morian Miner

Re: distribution

Post by Morian Miner » Sat Apr 08, 2006 2:45 pm

digger wrote:
As for the Avenger I would not be surprised if the Atlantic version was going to WM, and long before most retailers get theirs. Just a hunch (hopefully not correct).
That's my hunch. Which is why I plan on ordering Flight 19. I ended up finding plenty of the CIA Hueys at WM, but never saw the Huey slick w/ 4 man crew. I figure the Flight 19 will be rare, if it shows up at all, because of the extra "crew", while the Atlantic will be everywhere.

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:40 pm

Has anyone found the Flying Undertaker at a WM?

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Sun Apr 09, 2006 2:50 pm

I went to Wal-Mart today and found four "Ridgerunner" P-51Ds. Also found one German F-104 and two BF-109s.
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Sun Apr 09, 2006 3:01 pm

Seeman 109's spotted along with German 104's at the Milford WM. Still have not seen any Ridge Runners...... No fun..... :(

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

wolf8564
Sergeant
Sergeant

Ridge Runner P-51

Post by wolf8564 » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:01 am

Just got a Ridge Runner P-51 at wally world in Lawrenceville, Ga. 4qty left

digger

MD.

Post by digger » Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:14 am

My brother called from a (north?) Covington WM in Baltimore. He said a 1/32 109 was in the clearance isle for $9 (no clue on paint schemes), and that they had plenty of (reg. price) 1:144 tanks, Jap Imperial Marines and OMG figures. I couldn't get him focused long enough to tell me if there were figures up top; I was hoping for some BoB 2.