SKU numbers

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

SKU numbers

Post by Moth » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:26 pm

Why do people ask for them?
What can you do with them?

[img39]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/QueenofSky/BirdFlu.gif[/img39] [img39]http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/1b/Acherontia_lachesis.jpg/200px-Acherontia_lachesis.jpg[/img39]

kimtheredxd
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by kimtheredxd » Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:52 pm

they can look it up in the computer at wal-mart to see if any is in stock.Can save a trip to the store I have done it before.But the thing is they for the most part are listed as"assortmment"So it only tells you if they have the planes not which ones. :roll:
Could not think of anything to put here.

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:28 pm

You are correct from what I`ve seen. The skew numbers on the 32x planes at WM seem to reflect an assortment rather than an individual type plane. The numbers on the shelves can tell you if the they have any in stock no matter where they happen to be located in the store. I have been bugging my local WM toy lady about planes. She scanned the number on the empty shelf and it said they had 18 planes in stock. Unfortunately they are still in the trailer or container out back...

TJ

aae83
Sergeant
Sergeant

SKUs

Post by aae83 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:04 pm

I've scanned the SKUs in and printed them on a photo printer to make a little index that can be scanned at price checker stations. Makes it really easy to check prices and you don't have to bother the staff. However, that doesn't tell you whether or not they're in stock.

It also makes you drool when you see the Stuka and Corsair price hasn't changed from the last time they had them in stock at a significant discount (e.g., for $5 or $15).

I've never tried handing the index to a clerk to check stock. Not sure if they'd go for that or not, but it might be worth a try, for those of you who do that sort of thing. It's probably easier for them than typing in the numbers, anyway.

Cheers...