POST ALL BBI TARGET/TRU ETC FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:55 pm

Good to hear that the BBI WWII figures have suddenly become much more accessible! I need to get a couple more of the chuteless Paratroopers, and a couple of the infantry to add to my platoon. These are simply the best WWII figures out there!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:46 pm

Thats great news!! Now if I can only get some BOB S2 guys.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:34 am

I still don't have any of the BBI Infantry and Combat Ready Paratroopers... I'm bumming unfortunately but that's life around here. Nothing in Pittsburgh. The only stuff I see are the Jump Ready paras, and even those are sparse these days.

ALl modern seems to have dried up... I see NOTHING around here anymore.

On a bright note I got a BBI Sherman from BBTS for $33 shipped. Love that tank, you were dead right Digger. The diversity with it next to the 21st tanks is cool.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

digger

bbi stuff

Post by digger » Fri Mar 10, 2006 6:15 am

JJ, glad you finally got the bbi M4 - now you see what a shame it is they stopped making WWII vehicles. Just the cool figure, crates, tank shells and gear are worth half the price. :P

As for the new guys, I say do not torture yourself with TRU. I know the outlaw is not a huge fan of online purchasing but I must say that the small retailers have VERY competitive pricing on these.
I see one site that not only lets you cherry-pick (ie avoid the JR 82d AB guy), but has the same price as TRU. The shipping and the tax are like a wash, and you are basically just shopping from the pegs in the TRU of your dreams. :D
I got a bunch of mine from a different board member with a retail outlet, who also had great prices and did not make me buy complete sets. With these guys I say just order them - they are that cool. I know I have been threatening Army Builder pics and they are coming... :wink:

captain hawkins 1696
Private First Class
Private First Class

BBI Find

Post by captain hawkins 1696 » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:51 am

Has anyone thought about checking smalljoes.com they do have these figures as well as the paras......plus they carry a large variety of XD stuff as well......they are a good company to order from....I have ordered on several times .....

digger

new guys

Post by digger » Sun Mar 12, 2006 11:59 am

Here is what the 3 different 101st guys look like - all with bbi heads for comparison's sake (and they fit all three bodies):

Here is a bunch of Pathfinders - which by the way are best for the modern bbi heads, especially the ones with no neck - Eric Bana, Bruce Willis..

You can see these guys fit great in the truck:

Army building the 101st:

All the headswaps are glue free. Just boil & pop, then swap. The modern heads pre-Super Humvee need a little trim at the neck, nothing major.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:23 pm

Good work with those figures! I also like what you did with the truck. I did the exact same thing with one of mine, though I left the windshield and MG ring. I also painted over some of the Army ID markings as my truck carries a squad of Marines.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sun Mar 12, 2006 8:13 pm

Great pics, digger! Cool stuff!

Sgt. Fury
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Sgt. Fury » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:47 pm

Nice display digger. Really nice.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:28 am

Man, I hate you Dig. :)

Nice though, those look great... But do they hold a rifle well like the 21st figures? Like I can get them holding an M1 "aiming" pretty well but the BBI figures look like they can't do so well. :(

They look great though seriously. Very nice.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

digger

hands...

Post by digger » Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:37 am

EDIT - Here are some pics with a couple of guys firing. You will see the Thompson works best because of the pistol grip. The right hands just don't cut it for the rifles. These guys are just too damn cool though...I might have to steal some hands from my S1 XD guys.

eddie372
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

impressive.

Post by eddie372 » Wed Mar 15, 2006 8:43 pm

Digger, that's one heck of a diorama my friend. Now, are any of those guys from Miami?? :lol:
The man that loves his job never works a day in his life.

captain hawkins 1696
Private First Class
Private First Class

BBI Army

Post by captain hawkins 1696 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:08 am

Got mine from smalljoes.com on Thursday...these figures are cool...my favorite is the pathfinder alot of modern custom potentional there....of course I would have to get another one....I also like the 101st guy he is cool as well...these are worh getting for those who do not have them....some of the rifles are hard to get into their hands...so putting other hands of other brands can work...like XD hands work well...one thing I noticed that was strange is the BAR gunner the package says he is a captain but he has a private stripes on him....anyone else notice that or just me,like the colonel having captain bars....this figure is cool as well.His uniform is just as Tom Hanks inSPR wore as capt. miller....so BBI did quality work on these.....the detail is super....just hope all other WW2 figures they produce are this good....

digger

new guys

Post by digger » Sat Mar 18, 2006 6:45 am

Glad to hear you got them :D
Don't mind the ranks, there are some problems there (and with the fact that the last thing they would ask the Mortar crewman to do would be carry a BAR), but it's funny you noticed the SPR connection to. If you take the head of one Ranger and put it on the guy with the assault vest you mentioned then you have Hanks from SPR. The now headless guy is actually the body of - EDIT Tom Sizemore - in the movie (jacket, haversack with food bag, etc...). Finally, you'll notice the 29th Infantry body is exactly how Ed Burns' character appeared in SPR. It is cool because the 29th was detatched with Rangers at Normandy (or vice versa?) so you can really use 3 of the 6 guys together in dios. :D

Next batch of US guys need at least one: M2 ammo vest, guy with buttoned up shirt with no assault vest on, guy with a cartridge belt on, and a guy who's not wearing leggings (sloppy guy). It could all be the same guy but with that added variety the custom horizons would be broad :P
Last edited by digger on Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 7:42 am

I also am impressed by your dio, Digger.
Where did you dig up the rifle grenade?
I really like it. I did some research-

I only thought they had the grenade adapter:

But further reading and searching on the internet showed me your rifle grenade in action:

I love grenade launchers!!!
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Quixote511 » Sat Mar 18, 2006 4:38 pm

I was at an estate auction one time around here in a town called Beavercreek. I bought a ton of patches and other stuff. The Grandfather had been in WWI, the father in WWII, and the son in Vietnam. So, there was tons of military there. Anyhow, in bringing out the lots, the auctioneers had found some dummy ammo. Or at least they thought it was. I didn't see any drill marks in a rifle grenade that was there so I unscrewed the top. When I looked inside I saw that it was partially filled with powder still. Nobody wanted to touch the stuff and the auctioneer told me to take the box away with me at the end of the auction.
Aaron

newwavepop
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by newwavepop » Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:31 am

bad news for me, i went o my local tru a few days ago.
there has always been the bbi and gijoes in this corner together with one section of shelves as a peg board, well i went in and all the bbi and gijoe vehicles are still there on the shelves, but the pegboard section is gone i looked all over there are no more carded figures.
that really sucks, i dont get many vehicles because of money and room.

digger

new guys

Post by digger » Wed Mar 22, 2006 7:30 am

Where did you dig up the rifle grenade?
They come with the Dragon Paras - both types shown above. Again, those Dragon weapons are awesome. 8)
Here you can see that the new bbi guys work with the Dragon S2/3 US guys. No glue or cutting, just hot water and elbow grease. Half of a bbi guy and half of a Dragon guy is the best combo.

Top Dragon, bottom bbi (1st ID):

Top bbi, bottom Dragon (Rangers):

Top Dragon, bottom bbi allows for a shorter guy:

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:32 pm

could someone post a PIC of the Dragon Figures next to the 21st Century 1:18 figures - Germans if you got em'.

Thanks
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

digger

dragon

Post by digger » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:40 pm

STUKA wrote:could someone post a PIC of the Dragon Figures next to the 21st Century 1:18 figures - Germans if you got em'.

Thanks
Here you go - 3 Dragon guys on the left, 21st on the right with a variety of heads.

Dragon also made AT mines, an MP-40 with removable clip, and sometimes came with two sets of gear - one of which is on the Winter guy. 8)

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:56 am

does the gear and weapons match well with 1:18 - it is hard to tell.

I'm just trying to decide if I want to buy any of the german dragon figures.

Are they pretty accurate?

are the heads bigger?

I guess you could use the 1:18 guys behind the dragon troops and not be as bad in scale difference.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:02 am

the dragon figures work absolutely fine with the xd figures. People are different sizes, you know. :wink:
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Thu Mar 23, 2006 1:38 pm

Digger, where did you get that brick building???