POST ALL BBI TARGET/TRU ETC FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:52 am

More bbi figures? - I second that. The local TrU has been restocked with paras THREE times SINCE CHRISTMAS - but no infantry and no Zero. Odd thing is, the original shipment of Paras sat on the pegs for weeks with one or two being sold - but since the re-stocks, in less than three weeks the two new shipments, and half of the third, have sold. Haven't seen a Corsair or P-51 since before Chistmas, and the last Sherman sold a week or so ago. I don't know if buyers have just "discovered" the bbi line, or there's extra Christmas cash to spend, or what.

immeww2
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by immeww2 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:12 am

My local TRU still has quite a few of the BBI items such as the P-51, Corsair, Kiowa, Humvee, Sherman, weapon sets and paras. The only items that went out the door in a flash were the Army figs. Go figure.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Mon Feb 06, 2006 4:06 pm

Just happened to visit my local TRU (Northern CA) during my lunchbreak and lo and behold I came across 2 sets of the BBI Army figs! I hope TRU is starting to restock them. I'll have to check out other TRU to see if it's true.

digger

hmm...

Post by digger » Sun Feb 19, 2006 5:31 am

Maybe we could make this bbi finds & discussion and stick it to the top?
With the new Mustang and Corsair repaints, the impending release of more figures, and the possibility for some surprises (I can hope, right?) perhaps we could consolidate the recon into one thread? Just a thought.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:54 am

I like that idea! Count me in too!

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:23 am

I don't understand it. My TRU has completely dropped the line altogether and they are not a closing store. What's up with that?? I have never, ever seen the Corsair, Sherman or P-51 here. The 2 Shermans I got were bought when I went up to NY for the Toy Fair in 2005. The planes werre on-line purhcases. I guess I am plagued....

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

digger

tru

Post by digger » Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:40 am

Ski, the good thing about the shaky bbi/TRU distribution is that the stuff is prone to show at Amazon for regular price. The new WWII infantry never showed (no surprise) but I must say the $6.99 price for the paras is better than the NYC in store price, and so is the $40 Mustang and even the $45 Corsair. The little Bird and Kiowa for the original $20 were a steal compared to what they were going for elsewhere online.
Throw in the occassional online coupon and Amazon can treat you right with respect to bbi. Here's to hoping they carry the newer stuff too. :D

digger

talking to myself here...

Post by digger » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:36 pm

I noticed that the bbi P-51 and Corsair are slated for May delivery. :?
Can this be? It is not very bbi like to give us a 3 months heads up (although it is appreciated). Anyone hear about these possibly landing sooner maybe at TRU or elsewhere? Or are we really getting a peak into the future :shock:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:47 pm

Mike told me April.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

digger

Cool

Post by digger » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:57 pm

It being almost March I guess we can look at it as just over one month. If I have my figures before then I really don't mind how long you guys have to wait. :P

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:45 am

Any info or sightings of the green zeros at local TRUs???

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Wed Feb 22, 2006 10:13 am

none here south atlanta- then again - i never saw any of the bbi planes in three different TRUs
over the last two years - and that is checking at least once a week.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:57 am

Been checking the TRU in Northern CA too! Nothing to report.

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:59 pm

It almost seems the TRU's around Austin are clearing out and not reordering FOV or BBi items. Theya re all being replaced with that junky line in the green boxes.
Todd

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:43 pm

Target had the new "Baby Hind" tonight. When I checked out, it rang up as $2.54, so I went back and bought the other one they had.

Yes, its way too small, but a very fun little bird. The sound effects are very loud, but the rotor noise stays on until you turn it off (nice touch). The pilot isn't the O-ring construction like the other figures. He's articulated like older SW figures, but I do like the helmet and facial sculpt - he looks like a Russian pilot. The side compartment opens up and can hold three figures, and has a mounted minigun. Also comes with seven backpacks. I really like it. Worth it for the $13 (even better than I paid alot less)

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:20 pm

My report could be titled "What's NOT at TRU..."
My local TRU in Florence, KY - had tons of BBI figures and aircraft and tanks last year and even up till Christmas time. I have made several intel trips to see what they have during the beginning of the year - but they just have not restocked anything with BBI or even GI Joe...

It's very sad :cry:
Last edited by Razor17019 on Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

digger

almost there

Post by digger » Sun Feb 26, 2006 4:47 pm

Soon, Razor, I am sure of it.

Small retailers will have the new Infantry by the end of the week (our prayers have been answered) so hopefully TRU will be restocking EF around the same time.

Aviatornut.com
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Aviatornut.com » Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:43 pm

I know this is off topic but everyone is asking when the bbi WWII figures will be here well the bbi WWII airborne infantry $5.50 each in stock now and ready to ship

email: [email protected]

digger

woohoo

Post by digger » Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:46 pm

Aviatornut.com wrote:I know this is off topic but everyone is asking when the bbi WWII figures will be here well the bbi WWII airborne infantry $5.50 each in stock now and ready to ship ...
Um, in this case I would say that is "on topic" :P :D
Email sent 8)

Rogo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Rogo » Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:52 pm

Hey Aviatornut,

You seem to have more product available than what is shown on your website. I only see some of the BBI items. Do you carry 21st Century items? Do you have full product listing somewhere?

Thanks,
Rogo

Aviatornut.com
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Aviatornut.com » Wed Mar 01, 2006 7:53 am

Rogo wrote:Hey Aviatornut,

You seem to have more product available than what is shown on your website. I only see some of the BBI items. Do you carry 21st Century items? Do you have full product listing somewhere?

Thanks,
Rogo
yes we do.
i am in the process of having our website redone. (I paid this guy in advance to build a proffesional site and he left the state with our funds therefore it has been on the back burner but that has changed)

email for your needs [email protected]

Bravo_26
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Bravo_26 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:36 pm

You might also try www.foxholetoys.com. They carry both bbi & 21st items! :D

digger

sweet new guys....

Post by digger » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:51 pm

EDIT -

WOOHOO - new figures in hand :D
As before, they are awesome and have great potential - the limbs swap easy (you can swap brown and green pants), the figures come apart at the waist to swicth belts, the heads pop right on and off...

Plus, the detail on the belts and gear (yes, that says "first aid" in tiny letters on the pouch strapped to the helmet..ok, that is only on the guys with chutes but still...) is awesome.

Anything different? Only thing I noticed so far is that like some of the first wave, the paint problem on the knee has been fixed :D That is, when you bend the guys' legs it doesn't reveal unpainted plastic.

Saturday, March 4: Update :P As I swap heads/limbs with these guys I now see other improvements over the first run. I had complained that the one Ranger (Tom Hanks) had brand new pants on - now they are weathered. :D
Also the weapons have gotten sturdier, better plastic. And darker gun metal on the M1s which is cool. Awesome to see so many little issues addressed. :)

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:27 pm

Bad Cat has the bbi WWII figures!!!!!!!!!!

digger

well..

Post by digger » Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:50 pm

In fairness I can think of at least 3 board members who have had them for a few days now :P
And some will let you even pick & choose if you are nice. :wink:

I must say the price on these - even at all the small retailers - is awesome. You rarely see 21C figs online for so little.
I am at just shy of 50 guys and when I get some heads/belts worked out I will post some army builder pics. 8)