BBI Super Humvee convertible

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
donnieboy
Sergeant
Sergeant

BBI Super Humvee convertible

Post by donnieboy » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:43 pm

Got my BBI 105mm howitzer Sherman from Bad Cat the other day. On the back of the box was a picture of other available BBI products, including a cut-down "Super Humvee convertible" in desert camo with what appears to be a recoil-less rifle in the back. Are they still using those? It also appears to have a .50 cal Browning and either an M-60 machine gun or SAW poking throught the windshield. :?:
Go Starbuck!

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Nov 24, 2004 10:55 pm

I saw that on the box of my BBI P-51 as well. I think its kind of funny looking, and bordering on being too much like something from the GI Joe line, even if it replicates a real vehicle!

Adeleron
Corporal
Corporal

The Recon Hummer

Post by Adeleron » Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:41 pm

If you carefully watch the movien Black Hawk down... you will notice at least one of these "cut down" recon Hummer's.. I did'nt think the US Marines still used a recoil-less gun of this manner... But I guess maybe it's just one that does'nt make it to public viewing that often..

Any US Marines on the forum that could confirm if they still use the gun?

More something I would expect to see on the back of an Afghani Toyota Truck :-) Maybe that's 21st next vehicle to go with their modern figures:-)LOL
Howdy

don
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by don » Tue Nov 30, 2004 12:51 am

Does anyone know when this vehicle is going to be available? Will it be at TRU? Just one paint scheme?

mwanz
Corporal
Corporal

Update on Super HUMVEE

Post by mwanz » Tue Nov 30, 2004 3:39 pm

Got this from BBI today with a link below for a picture! Looks cool...

http://www.blueboxtoys.com/bbi/eForce/4 ... /21288.jpg (56kb)

bbi hot news
Super Humvee

Dear bbi Members,

It's been a while now since the release of the Elite Force 1:18 scale Humvee so we thought it was time we gave you an up-date.

So here comes the Elite Force Super Humvee. Just like our other Humvee this one is made under license to AM Corporation and is extremely accurate and loaded with features.

So now your 1:18 scale Elite Force Army figures have more than one Humvee option to get around in!

Look for this one real soon as it will be on the shelves any minute and we expect big demand.

Stay with us for more to come!

bbi Member Relations.
http://www.blueboxtoys.com

http://www.blueboxtoys.com/bbi/eForce/4 ... /21288.jpg (56kb)

digger

Nice

Post by digger » Tue Nov 30, 2004 8:33 pm

Thanks for the heads up! I will surely get one and I like the fact that it is "convertible" - that is what we want to see with halftracks & humvees imo. So many variants we need the variety and the excuse to but a bunch :D

don
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by don » Tue Nov 30, 2004 9:49 pm

Posted the photo, and real world photos of this style humvee. Check this thread: viewtopic.php?t=450

airforcecop67
Corporal
Corporal

Post by airforcecop67 » Wed Dec 01, 2004 6:31 pm

Guys,

Now I cant remember where I saw it, but in the past two days, I did see a proposal from an Army Capt. for a 106mm recoilless rifle armed Hummer. Even to the point that AM General created a mount for the vehicle at $4000.00 a pop. It is/was/will be meant to counter RPG attacks from built up areas, allowing a convoy to hit back at a firing point that would require a tremendous amount of other small arms fire to negate.

The 106 packs one hell of a punch, has more range than the RPG, and we still have lots of stockpiles and ammo, and it is in use by allied (Australia and Isreal to name a few) so newer, and possibly even multi-purpose rounds may be available.

If you think of it this way, it allows a Hummer to kill a like sized vehicle, truck, bus etc. that may contain an IED at a range that does not put the Hummer occupants in danger from the resulting explosion. And it will punch one hell of a hole in a roadblock.

So, while we may not see many 106 Gun Hummers, BBI's offering is not off the mark at all.
"When the enemy is in range, so are you!!"

Adeleron
Corporal
Corporal

Hobbies HQ has the new Super Humvee

Post by Adeleron » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:03 pm

Hi Guys!

Just ordered Qty 2 of the new Super Hummer from www.hobbieshq.com.

The price is currently $25.98 USD, a little more than the previous BBI hummers but worth the price I hope..

Should get them in 4-10 days.. I'll post some pictures when I get them.

Cheers,

Ryan
Howdy

Adeleron
Corporal
Corporal

Now bring on the Kiowa!

Post by Adeleron » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:31 pm

Now that I am getting my Super Humvee.. I'm hoping the Kiowa will not be far behind!
Howdy

Adeleron
Corporal
Corporal

hobbiesHq is pre-order

Post by Adeleron » Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:40 am

Sorry - delivery is January - Hobbies-HQ stopped putting Pre-Order on the item description..
Howdy

digger

See

Post by digger » Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:46 am

That's my point. That's an example of a pre-order I will avoid. There will be plenty to go around, the thing is not due for a month, and nobody knows when that place will get them relative to BC, ToyFed or anyone else. One thing about BC preorder is it seems they're on the damn dock waiting for the ship to come in.