WAIT AND SEE... WAIT AND SEE !!!!!!!!!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
STUKA
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by STUKA » Thu Feb 16, 2006 11:04 am

I agree...

Plus - I like only getting a few planes a year as It will make it easier to hide the building collection from my wife.

sheesh already hiding my habit :shock:

also the repaints will be plenty I'm sure

The Hellcat, dauntless. and items for the japanese army.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Charlemagne
Sergeant
Sergeant

Delays

Post by Charlemagne » Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:18 pm

I'm probably going to get stoned and flogged for saying this but I would rather endure the Avenger delays as long as they get it right the first time. Hopefully the delays will be worth it, I guess time will tell. As for the complaining and griping I agree with ones right to do so but I would also suggest that it's done in a constuctive way. I think we have to shallow our pride and realize that we are but a small fraction of the buyers and that these companies are going to do whats best for them. I do think that they listen to us enthusiasts and we have had some influence on what comes out. Case and point we yelled for a Zero forever and then finally not one but two companies step up and deliver the goods.

My two cents anyway,
Dan

luftpanzer

Post by luftpanzer » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:17 pm

I long for the good old days when a toy was a toy and if you wanted a real detailed scaled down minature of the real thing you went to the hobby
shop got a model and built it your self. As for me I think that the models that 21st C and the other comanys put out are detailed enough for what they are. TOYS! My daughter luvs them and she dont care what paint scheme they are or if they have the wrong landing gear or tail hook.
Excuse my spelling Im working and going to school 5 nights a week.
Back At ft campbell KY Formally of Ocala FL

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:24 pm

luftpanzer I agree with you 100%. Yes these are toys after all and I think at times we forget this fact. My local hobby shop has said that the "toys" that have been released are the main reason why model airplane building has gone downhill over the past few years and it dont look to get any better. But I'm a model builder so that part of me will never die.

8)
"You dont know the power of the darkside, it is your destiny" Lord Vader.

eddie372
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

c

Post by eddie372 » Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:53 pm

Well, I was one of those model builder you're talking about.

The main reason I kind of drifted away from it was the length of time involved in getting one of these babies ready for display. I wasn't very happy with the scales either, as they always seemed too small for me, even the 1:32s. And then, there's the issue of cost: A comparatively small airplane, plus supplies and time invested comes out to be twice as expensive as one of these 1:18 babies.

I also feel that the amount of detail on these "toys" is extraordinary, so I'll be sticking to this side of airplane collecting, model, toy or whatever.

Ed
The man that loves his job never works a day in his life.

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Sat Feb 18, 2006 7:53 am

Hi Guys

I know for my self I have been anxiously waiting to see some WWII 1/18 British Reg Troops for some time now, I know 1 day 1 of the big boys will put out some Brit's hopefully sooner then later! So I did something about it I have pulled figures apart to make a Canadian Troop
and last night I went out and bought 4 Btitish troops from (some of you are going to call me nutts :shock: ) King & Country the price was $118.00CAN But Im happy with what I did and it will hold me over till some WWII 1/18 British Reg come out to play...

SGT. Saunders
There's only one way out of HELL! and that's through it!!

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:36 am

We are all hook here on 1:18 stuff. If you got the cash and it make you happy then so be it.

I bought a 1:16 scale Pershing and might get the T37 same scale just for the sake of getting something new in armor…
whats up doc....