21C discontinued

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
MG-42
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by MG-42 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:36 pm

BIG THANKS "tko" That was just the "KNOCK OUT PUNCH" we all we're waiting on ! :shock: :P 8)
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:43 pm

Sorry for the delay in intel! I have been keeping my head down with business stuff. I am getting ready for a 5 day vacation. You know the drill. Gotta work twice as hard to leave and twice as hard when you get back.

I will be off radar this friday for about one week. I don't want anyone to think I went AWOL! :lol:

21st has been in Hong Kong the last 2 weeks so intel has been a little backed up. But I expect there will be some questions answered with Toy Fair.

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Wed Jan 25, 2006 10:48 pm

YESSS,...SIR ! .....and HAVE A SAFE and ENJOYABLE ONE too. :wink:

newwavepop
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by newwavepop » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:11 am

well im an overnighter stocker at wal mart in oklahoma city, and though our 21c stuff seems to never ever sell we still just reset the shelves and the products we havent sold are still there and not on clearance.
as long as weve had the line it hasnt moved which is sad i want it to sell so we do keep it.
i personally am a figure collector not a vehicle collector, since i work at wal mart and cant afford the vehicles or the room for the vehicles :P.

but even though i dont buy the vehicles often because of price i still dont know if price is a factor for them not selling, as our 21c figures do not sell well either, other than ones i buy they go very very slow.
im not sure if ill even get a shot at the new bobs because the row of pegs is litterally completely full of beat up cards of mixed and varied marines that came in during the months leading up to christmas.
and at my store if it doesnt sell in the weeks before christmas it probably wont sell.

it is sad that wal mart seems to get the best prices on the stuff because we dont stock well and we dont get the right clientele coming in the store.

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 1:36 am

I feel for ya' man ! ....I really do. ....It is "sad". ......so sad,...it makes me want to be there, to buy stuff. ...Your store probably carries stuff that ours don't have,..or will get. ....I've noticed that their are no 2-W-M's alike in what they "stock". ...They're all different in their own kinda' way. 8) :cry: :oops:

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:52 am

Good news, tko! Gotta resume stuffing extra $$$ in the wallet again!!

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:17 am

HAHAHAHA !! ....."What's in your Wallet" ? :lol:

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:27 am

MG-42 wrote:HAHAHAHA !! ....."What's in your Wallet" ? :lol:
Right now?....NOT ENOUGH!!! :cry: ...but like I'd use cash to buy any of this stuff anyways... :D and the worst part of using the credit card is that it leaves a trail for the wife to find out! "What did you buy now?" "I thought you bought those already!" yadda yadda yadda.... :roll:

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:35 pm

They just reset the shelf space in San Antonio Walmarts and there is now dedicated space for most of the 21ST Century line of toys. Most of the extreme detail stuff "flies" off our shelves. I hope the rest of you guys start seeing more of the items you want soon.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:39 pm

Our WalMart up here in Bellingham, WA is just the opposite. No dedicated area for 21st stuff, only the 4 old 190's in beat up Motorworks boxes, still at full price. Must be nice to be near a WM that carries XD.

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:10 am

Well, it's the same as any other product JOC. It depends on your area and the level of interest. Here, they do sell like hotcakes... but when I was travelling to airshows, I would visit the local walmarts, and sometimes they'd be empty, sometimes they'd have aircraft stacked up pretty good. If you live in an area that highly military in values, like in Orange County here, yeah... you can bet the aircraft will be snatched up fast. There are also a LOT of collectors around here.
I've seen this happen with Star Wars figures. Around here, if you can find the popular ones, then you must have gotten there just after they restocked the figures. Otherwise they are normally all gone and just the pegwarmers are left. These pegwarmers last there for months and months, and eventually go into the clearance isles. This is how it is with ALL toys. There are the popular ones, there are the non-sellers. Sometimes the targets and TRUs around here get crappy case assortments of Star Wars figures, so you'll spend a month looking for new figures only to find that it's always the same pegwarmers because they want to get rid of those first.

So to really say 21st is the only company that has this problem wouldn't be correct. It applies to ALL toys everywhere! The more popular they are, I believe, the longer the pegwarmers will be there that no one likes.

MG-42

Post by MG-42 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 12:18 am

Thanks for clearing some more air-space up here .....P-51 :wink:

sarge
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by sarge » Fri Jan 27, 2006 5:43 am

Threetoughtrucks wrote:I can guarantee that Wallyworld has absolutely NO problems with 21C "Customer Service" or product distribution.

If Wally wants a question answered. it is answered. If Wally is told a WC51 will be available for countrywide (or worldwide WM distribution) it is a done deal.

Don't comfuse "our" Customer Service unanswered questions with Wally's questions. Wally doesn't care about us and our dealings with 21C.

Wally's internal distribution is a marvel of automation. Every time a product is sold Wally's computers act on replacing that item on their shelves. The ONLY thing that stops that process is the local store manager....he can choose not to replace that item with a click.

Those of us that saw that CNBC special a while back on the good and bad of Wally will remember the Wally distribution center that has the look of the control room in that movie "War Games". I was expecting the giant screens to say "Do you want to play a game?"

Have faith, 21C is OK. :)

TTT

WMs' managers are nothing more than figure heads. Ask them a question about what 21C is going to send them and see what answer you get. :wink: :wink: I see the new WMs' are installing self checkout aisles, maybe we should ask the computers in them our questions along with checking out. :lol: :lol:

luftpanzer

Post by luftpanzer » Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:28 am

I have 4 WMs in a 10 mile radius and they never have anything. Never have clearance either. To many people make to much money that they dont need a clearance rack. But then again they dont have much of 21st C stuff to put on Clearance.
Back At ft campbell KY Formally of Ocala FL

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Jan 27, 2006 9:25 am

21c is not discontinued at Wal Mart! A store in my area which usually has the most limited supply of XD just got in the new Bunker Hill Corsairs and the Tropical-Cammo Stukas. These weren't even supposed to be out yet!

I think the lack of 21c products in some areas is more a policy of managers as oppoesed to Wal Mart corporate policy. The same store I talk about above did not carry anything in 21c for well over a year, then they got the FW-190s & P-47s, then S2 Marines, then the BoB figures, then the 32x tanks and now the new trucks and aircraft repaints. This goes to say that some stores may change over time!

sarge
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by sarge » Fri Jan 27, 2006 1:59 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:21c is not discontinued at Wal Mart! A store in my area which usually has the most limited supply of XD just got in the new Bunker Hill Corsairs and the Tropical-Cammo Stukas. These weren't even supposed to be out yet!

I think the lack of 21c products in some areas is more a policy of managers as oppoesed to Wal Mart corporate policy. The same store I talk about above did not carry anything in 21c for well over a year, then they got the FW-190s & P-47s, then S2 Marines, then the BoB figures, then the 32x tanks and now the new trucks and aircraft repaints. This goes to say that some stores may change over time!
It looks like everyone is saying including me that WM is not consistant. One week they're loaded up then for the next few months nothing. When they do get stuff in it's the old stuff. I don't know how other stores in other areas are, but in my area when your told that trucks are unloaded everyday or the truck havn't been unloaded yet, then find nothing on the shelves either way makes you wonder. And believe me I ask. Going around to the 9 WMs' in my area is like a treasure hunt. The thrill of the hunt is in the end reward. :o :o :)

jhogan
Corporal
Corporal

Post by jhogan » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:03 pm

I recall when the P-40's and the Spitfires where new, you could find them on sale at W-M. When the Fw-190's hit the stores, discounts went away around my area. I saw lots of Fw-190D-9 sitting for months at a time. However, most are gone now in Peoria, and I think thay must have been closed out along with the 1/32 stuff. I hope they are making way for the Avengers. "At least I can Dream."

digger

oh yea..

Post by digger » Fri Jan 27, 2006 2:43 pm

It looks like everyone is saying including me that WM is not consistant. One week they're loaded up then for the next few months nothing.

Yup, you will find that this is the nature of the beast, not just WM. As stuff comes out the shelves are full, then while no new stuff comes out the shelves are dry. WM craziness adds to it all but you should get very used to waiting LONG strectches for 1:18 stuff. This hobby has been practically defined by droughts.

Imo you need something to keep the interest in the hobby and keep me from buying McFarlane guys or 1/32 tanks so I am glad there is at least something on the shelves at WM (new Dodge, 2 new humvees, S2 104, new White Corsair, new Stuka, new 109G, S2 Japanese, OMG figures, etc....). If we had no WM we would need new hobbies. Nobody can "collect" what does not exist (seen any bbi vehicles since the Super Humvee, their 6th Humvee in 3 years?).

At the rate things are going we (and bbi) could only dream of having Elite Force at WM or Target or any large distribution outlet.