For the Indiana Jones fans Among Us...

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

For the Indiana Jones fans Among Us...

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:09 pm

This past weekend I went to the Disneyland themepark in California, and while visiting a giftshop in their Adventureland, came across a 1/6 scale (12") GI Joe figure replicating Indiana Jones! (Since I possess a small 1:6 GI Joe figure collection, I couldn't pass it up.) It is aparently a Hasbro/Disney exclusive and comes with some interesting accessories, including an Egyptian sarcauphagus, jewels, whip, snakes and outfit. These may have been origionally sold at Disneyland Paris, as the Hasbro contact info on the box is for the U.K. division of Hasbro. Its not badly priced at $40. Those of you in southern California or Florida may want to check it out as it would go well with Dragon or 21c 1:6 Germans!

Last edited by tmanthegreat on Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:11 pm

Don't forget the smaller Indy figures, but I didn't see them in November. About an inch too tall for 1/18, but not too bad if you display them away from the XD guys :wink:

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:06 am

I'm at Disneyland nearly once a week :-P I've seen that 1:6 Indy... But unfortunatly I only collect things in that scale if they look dead on like the person (like the Jango Fett 12" is).

I have, though, picked up the weird German aircraft from Raiders and the WW1 Tank from Lat Crusade in the smaller scale.

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Tue Jan 17, 2006 4:49 pm

Hi Guys

I have the 1/18 scale Indy that was made in 1982, I picked it up when I was 9 in Vermont and 23 years later I have Indy repainted and standing in a glass box on a shelf in my office.
If Hasbro would make new 1/18 Indy figures aswell as thier StarWars figures I think I would have to $$$$!!

SGT. Saunders
There's only one way out of HELL! and that's through it!!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:51 pm

SGT. Saunders wrote:If Hasbro would make new 1/18 Indy figures aswell as thier StarWars figures I think I would have to $$$$!!
You may just get your chance - there's going to be a new Indiana Jones movie eventually.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:07 pm

Indiana Jones and the QUEST FOR CASH!

"Da da da daaaa da da da daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..."
The music fades to show two figures standing in a hallway. Each man is tugging on a small collection of papers stapled together... as each one snarls between gritted teeth, "My NAME goes above the title..."

ImageImage
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin