BBI P-51 Arrived

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

BBI P-51 Arrived

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:35 pm

I know there is already a thread for this, but I've decided to start a new one, now that the BBI P-51s seem to be arriving!!

I just got mine from BCA, however, I was expecting the F-16?!? I know these were supposed to arrive around the same time... Nonetheless, it was a pleasant surprise! This is one very awesome aircraft. Those of you that ordered it are going to love it!

Has anyone else recieved theirs? I wasn't quite expecting this from BCA!

dangaroo
Corporal
Corporal

Post by dangaroo » Wed Nov 24, 2004 1:39 pm

Please post pictures of the P-51. I want to know if it is different from the pictures we have been seeing from bbi.
Danny

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Nov 24, 2004 5:07 pm

As far as pictures go, I don't have a digital camera. There are pictures of the production model on the BCA website under the "Hot Shots" section.

http://www.badcataviation.com/hotshots.html

The functions have been described well on the BCA site and others that are selling this plane. As far as the cockpit detail goes, it simply blows away the 21st competition. Not only are all the instruments and controls represented, but seatbelts, warning labels, and everything are there. The riviting on the plane doesn't look too bad, and the markings are all clear and crisp. If you thought the labeling on the 21st P-38 and P-47 was good, think again, as BBI has outdone that! This is quite simply one of the best 1:18 scale WWII aircraft I've seen (and I have examples of all the other 21st ones, save the Bubbletop P-47)! I sincerely hope that BBI continues to make WWII planes, namely ones that 21st hasn't already made (ie Zero, Hellcat, etc.) as this is truly superior!

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Wed Nov 24, 2004 9:45 pm

Wow, that is a surprise! I'm really looking forward to mine.... :D

mburduck
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by mburduck » Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:13 pm

I got back into town today and found mine waiting for me. I will assemble it soon, but for now, still sitting in its box, it looks absolutely super. Check out the detail on those drop tanks! A great P-51. WOW!

More to come once I have time to put mine together.

Guess what I hope they make next?

Mike

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:22 pm

I was just looking mine over and thinking about re-doing the paint scheme to represent Gen Chuck Yeagers "Glammourus Glenn III" from the 357th Fighter Group. I have the decals and you wont believe this but 1/24th scale decals look good on my Mustang. No I didnt apply them yet but I cut them out and just laid them on the fusalage to see what they might look like and they are a tiny bit under sized but they look good so I may take the plunge and re-do my Mustang. Its not that I think BBI did a bad job on the paint scheme but I'm a 357th nut and Gen Yeager is a hero to me. I'll sleep on it though before I do something that I might regret.

:roll: