Wish 21C had the power of Lanard

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Wish 21C had the power of Lanard

Post by holensock » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:17 am

Everytime I go into a Walmart, Lanard has PLENTY of the single Corps figures, vehicles, boats, 3 packs, etc, new stuff, old stuff at ALL the 6 plus Walmarts I go into. And 21C XD?...even the Walmart employees have no clue when asked where or if any of the XD will EVER show up.
Now I know most of you will say, "That's because Lanard doesn't sell" If this was the case, why does WM continue to carry them year after year after year...With money to burn in me pocket, I gotta admit, I did buy a few Corps figures and they're not too bad! This new stuff is pretty fun!

newwavepop
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by newwavepop » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:41 am

im actually an overnight toy stocker at a wal mart super center, and the lanard does sell, we get alot in and i never see anyone buy it but it does fairly quickly empty and more comes in.

where as and this really really iritates me, but the 21c stuff we get in at my store and this always happenes in fact it just happened again.
we got 3 cases in about late september.
each case had 2 focke wulfs and 2 messerschmitts i beleive?
somwhow there was a sky captain plane in there 2?

anyway october november and christmas came and gone and they are all still sitting at my work, for 39 something, now tje boxes are all beat up.
for the last year or 2 everything we get in from 21c just sits there no one ever buys our stuff, and its really frustrating because i want this stuff to sell i want it to keep coming in so i can get what i want, but it just never never sells at least not at work.
the bob and marine figures we got in have only sold the bob figures i have bought, theres still a us tanker or 2 and a few vehicle drivers sitting there.
there a bunch of those ugly camo marines there, i think the guy with the flag is the only one that sold.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:54 am

Cool job, Newwavepop! It's gotta be neat to be RIGHT THERE when 'some' of the XD shows up. And ya know, I don't blame the WM workers here for not knowing about XD. If it doesn't come in, there's no way to KNOW it exists!
Lanard has their act together! They put ENOUGH product out to FILL the shelves and MORE to keep it coming back. I get frustrated with companies like 21C and Hasbro and bbi who put a 'collectable' thinking to their toys and then sell them for higher prices and don't produce enough to fill and keep the shelves filled. These companies can't even produce enough for our Online Store Friends here to sell at their Online Stores!
I'm glad Lanard's stuff is selling for you there! Lanard has improved their figures and vehicles! That blue boat is pretty cool! Same goes for the tank and those new mini vehicles. It IS fun to be able to walk into a store and find a LOT of Lanard stuff on the shelves...I may become a 'cheap toy' collector yet!!

mondaytanker
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by mondaytanker » Fri Jan 13, 2006 6:35 am

I buy the Lenard stuff for my daughter. Then use it to experiment weathering techniques on. My daughter loves it when I paint her stuff to look like daddy's. I even fitted a bunch of that crappy baggage from one of my M113's to her tank. Looks pretty good now. The figures are great for a kid to play with. Plenty of articulation and the joints hold up to a 3 year old twisting them and stuffing them into tanks and helicopters. My daughter is 4 now and had some of the figures since she was 2. And like I mentioned several times before the weapons are great. I confiscate them because they are too small for my daughter to play with. :oops:

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:16 pm

What is Lanard? :oops:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:24 pm

Lanard make The Corps! figures......you've probably seen them at TRU, WM etc. Inexpensive, GI Joe size, military toy figures.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Moth
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Moth » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:32 pm

Are they 1:18, and do they make tanks?

Sorry for my lack of knowlege :oops:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Jan 20, 2006 3:42 pm

The figures are 3 3/4 inch so they're pretty much 1/18...they tend to have really big heads though. Sculpting is so-so, though they are getting a bit better of late. They have GI Joe type ball and joint articulation. I consider them pretty crappy, to be honest but have used bits and pieces from a few for customizing.

They make a lot of vehicles which all kinda look familiar but don't represent anything real (like GI Joe and Chap Mei stuff). They do have a tank which kinda looks like a British Scimitar but only kinda and it's too big to be a 1/18 scale version.

Their best feature is that they're cheap and if authenticity isn't that important to you and you just want a bunch of neat military stuff then they're worth checking out.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Sat Jan 21, 2006 9:50 am

Comparing apples to oranges.

The Lanard product is a low-cost product being marketed to an entirely different audience than the 21st Century product.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:39 pm

coreystinson wrote:Comparing apples to oranges.

The Lanard product is a low-cost product being marketed to an entirely different audience than the 21st Century product.
Hi Corey!

Any chance you'll be getting the bbi 'ground troops' that were out (supposedly) at TRU?
How about the Japanese and OMG figures?

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:05 pm

holensock wrote:
coreystinson wrote:Comparing apples to oranges.

Hi Corey!

Any chance you'll be getting the bbi 'ground troops' that were out (supposedly) at TRU?
How about the Japanese and OMG figures?
The BBI WW2 ground troops are coming end of February/beginning of March.

The 21st Century Japanese figures are delayed. Don't yet have a date for when these will become available. Those of you who bought the first release of Japanese figures at Wal-mart will have a collectible on your hands, especially if you kept then carded!

Any other 21st Century figures are Wal-mart only as far as I know at this time. If these are later released to the online retailers we'll carry them.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

huh

Post by digger » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:16 pm

The BBI WW2 ground troops are coming end of February/beginning of March.
Ugghh... :? At least they're coming....

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:21 pm

coreystinson wrote:Those of you who bought the first release of Japanese figures at Wal-mart will have a collectible on your hands, especially if you kept then carded!
Looks like I'll have to go back to a Wal Mart near my location that still has some of the S1 Japanese troops and pick up a couple that I like to keep carded 8)

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:48 pm

Thanks for the info on the bbi ground troops, Corey. No need for me to travel to TRU anymore. I can wait.
Those Lanard figures do look pretty cool! They look like a 'fun-low cost collectable'! One mans junk is another man's treasure! Heck, what's so bad about being a 'cheap toy collector'? :D