1:18 Pirates of the Caribbean 2 mass market line pics

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
bluesparrow
Corporal
Corporal

1:18 Pirates of the Caribbean 2 mass market line pics

Post by bluesparrow » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:03 pm

http://www.figures.com/databases/action ... _article=1

They call it 3" in the article but in past reports the line was said to be 3.75". Looks good imo, stylized but not too much, good articulation and *tons* of detail.
http://neon-batman.blogspot.com/

Morian Miner
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Morian Miner » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:48 pm

Hey, Aferg, how many cuss words can I put down without getting kicked off the site?

Man, this is GREAT news/bad news. With Star Wars slowing down, and the 1/18 military toys not being too bad, I thought this year would allow me to not spend so much. Even if these are 3", I'll be buying them. I have a couple playmobil Pirate ships that aren't too bad for 1/18 that needs crews. Now, if they have crews, that means they need a port, which means they need.........

Can I just order my cases now?

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:45 pm

oh goody a 1/18 scale kiera knightly!....lol.

It will be interesting to see these...

Hey, MM, if you want pirates to crew your ships Papo makes a whole line of them, they're about 3 1/2 inches tall, not bad detail, good variety. You can usually find them on Ebay for $4 to $5 apiece.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:42 pm

I've looked at those a few times, just never pulled the trigger. A few of the Chap Mei pirates aren't too bad either, and I've picked up a few of these. Just wish they would have minimized the scars on them.

If you're going to dream big, Aferg, wish for the wet Kiera in corsette from the first film in 1/18. :wink:

Seriously, I hope these are a usable size, and they come up with some decent figures in addition to the main characters. Especially if they decide to make Royal navy sailors and marines, and some naval guns.

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:55 pm

Thanks for the heads up. The sculpts on these look good....the articulation, no so much. And why does one pirate have ball-jointed shoulders and peg elbows; while the other have peg shoulders, and ball-jointed elbows?!?

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:25 am

WOW! Awesome! Add that to the lineup of the Series 2 Pirates with the AMAZING Keira Knightley sculpt from series 2 (I'm a HUGE Keira fan... really, you guys have no idea :-P ) I collected all of Series one of POTC, and am looking forward to series 2 that will have the connectable bases to form a giant diorama of the Aztec Gold cave from the first move. Also there's a two pack featureing Barbossa and Jack locked in battle as skeletons.

I'm glad to see another Keira sculpt... but that one, IMO, looks horrible... granted it's a small size, compare that to the upcoming Series 2 release of her (so amazing, I plan to buy two)

newwavepop
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by newwavepop » Sat Jan 07, 2006 8:05 am

Morian Miner wrote:I've looked at those a few times, just never pulled the trigger. A few of the Chap Mei pirates aren't too bad either, and I've picked up a few of these. Just wish they would have minimized the scars on them.

chap mei makes pirates?
are they 4"?
do you know the line name or have pictures?

i love chap meis knights and some of the other beast raider and wizards magic and a few of the endangered animal figures.
but i have never found good pirates in the 3 3/4 to 1:18 scale.

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Sat Jan 07, 2006 10:38 pm

Here's a post over at Joecustoms that shows some of the set. Check your Dollar Trees first, since they have the single figures for a buck.

http://www.joecustoms.com/board/showthr ... ?tid=32822

Glad to see NECA is finally doing Kiera. Will have to pick up one of that figure.

newwavepop
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by newwavepop » Sun Jan 08, 2006 6:53 am

wow thanks for the link, i love chap mei stuff.
its so cool they finally made pirates i wish they could get there act together and start an actual website and stuff.
now i have to look for those.