21C WALMART UPDATE...POST FINDS HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
digger
Officer - Brigadier General

nice

Post by digger » Wed Jan 04, 2006 9:08 am

:shock: :shock:
That is some damn fine recon soldier :P

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Jan 04, 2006 2:42 pm

That $3.00 sign above the 1/9 M1 Abrams is a little misleading... but it know its on the aisle behind them :)

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:21 pm

Gotta hand it to you for taking a camera into WM and shooting pics of their inventory. I guess the store clerk thought you were gonna make off with all their XD stuff. :lol:

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:24 pm

maybe thought he was a spy for TRU or TARGET!

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:27 pm

tomcat

dude we think alike, your tomcat is my fav plane and I too was hellbent on getting the F-104.

HAve you tried the walmart@nimmo? I assume you have, since you said you tried multiple walmarts. But if you haven't, its near the courthouse in va beach and near holland and princess anne, i think.

Sorry about the cobra dude, I bought the last one at hungates in greenbrier. It was on shelf, [email protected] BUT the discount price was on the top of the box and you can't see this until you take the box down, which I did and realized the discount was on and it was only 35.99. Being that the 1/18 scale has made me a fiend and I love flying things and the cobra was tempting and that all the members pics of the cobra looked awesome here and that I love combat helos and that the cobra was just awesome I of course bought the thing. Unfortunately it was the last one left(s2 camo as well and man its ACCURATE!!! I saw a OIF cobra pic and its dead on as digger said in a previous post, this really surprised the heck out of me), and its the only s2 cobra I have ever seen here. I used to see the s1 a lot. Hungates at pembroke had no 1/18 left whatsoever.

If anything hungates prices 1/18 stuff at 59.99-79.99, the best time to buy from them is during xmas when they discount a lot of stuff to prices comparable to walmart's. Otherwise I order from bbts.com
(hungates also had the BBI grey F/A-18 early this year for 100$)

In regards to walmart, I would hold off ordering an F-104 for now man. I gotta resist the temptation too but man we got up to 3 repaints of that thing coming in 2006 and in walmarts in va beach there aren't really a lot of folks buying 1/18 stuff until the holidays, during spring and summer they are readily available. And with 3 repaints coming out....I mean we got a while to go, and the s1 I think hasn't even ceased production yet. (it kills the pain knowing the s2-4 repaints look really good too).

TRU had an apache for 25$ last year which regretfully I passed on. UGH~~

Same with the blackhawk.

And man I gotta recoment the BBI hornet, I got the black one and love it. Built to be played with and just darn beautiful. I gotta get the F-16 and corsair.

Thanks for the recon in the area man nice to know I am not the only one round these parts!
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:18 pm

Wow 70$?!!!!!!! And they HAD it at hungates? this my friend surprises me! I have seen it at the greenbriar one for the same price I believe but someone snatched it up.

Man I wish you joined earlier~! I could have told you this too.....

The corsair is 45$@TRU~!!! They had 2 left at the military highway TRU.. THe P-51 is still there 1 left for 40$.

MAn I wish I bought the apache last year at the lynhaven TRU when it was marked down to 25$. Man.....and to think i thought it was too big for my place! I was WRONG! THe 1/.18 bug has taken me over man!

Let me know how the nimmo trip goes. If anything that place is a good place to find hard to find things, when the corsair was hard to find I found the 21st joly roger version there. I didn't buy it but it was there. ITs a smaller walmart with not many long lines, if anything its out in the more suburb rural part of va beach so its not frequented nowhere near as much as the lynhaven and chesapeake walmarts, so stuff is usually easy to find there.

THey MAY have a cobra so good luck finding one bro. If anything it is worth it but beware 21st does not use as much soft plastic as BBI, this may be a good or bad thing, but for the most part the cobra is made of hard plastic. Pretty durable and man its got great details and opening surfaces. I am very happy with mine.
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

wm69
Corporal
Corporal

Post by wm69 » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:02 pm

immeww2 wrote:Gotta hand it to you for taking a camera into WM and shooting pics of their inventory. I guess the store clerk thought you were gonna make off with all their XD stuff. :lol:
WM is VERY nasty if you try to take pics in their stores. Other stores have tried to do it to copy/carry the same items as WM and to match prices on items. One of my Marketing teachers in school was a buyer for WM before she became a teacher and she warned us when we were doing a research project that if we were going to take pictures to get permission from the store manager before we started snapping pictures. I got to take my pictures but I had to get a note on university letterhead stating I was doing it for a research project.

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:25 pm

Well, I finally found the F-104 and both 109s at the Camden WM here in Dover. YEE HAA!!!!!

I assembled the F-104 and boy what a sight!! Beautiful!

...... That was until, like an idiot, I grabbed the nose and tried to lift it. The nose promptly seperated from the plane and it tumbled over a table and onto the floor. My wife was laughing so hard that she almost passed out. I was less than amused. I found the nose landing gear strut broke in 2 places. Oh, well...... :roll:

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:41 pm

Too bad about your F-104, Teamski. Was this your only F-104 or had you purchased one when they came out to the small retailers earlier?

I had a similar mishap with my F-104 - it fell from the ceiling last August as the hook I was using was too small and the weight of the plane pulled the hook out of the ceiling. The only damage was that the stiff pitot tube broke. I guess it helped that the plane landed on my bed...

zonetoys
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by zonetoys » Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:45 pm

Chesapeake, Battlefield Blvd. Walmart has a large selection of armor and less planes, but 1:6 Humvee and 1:9 Abrams are marked down to $150 also! They also have quite a few 1st series Marines, but none discounted!

I picked up a winter Halftrack (never have too many) today at Lynnhaven Mall Walmart discounted 20%. It was the only 1:18 item I found!
"A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge." -Oddball - "Kelly's Heros"

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:55 am

1 F-104 sighted at Florence, KY WM

If you don't have this bird, you should really get it.
I got one for Christmas and assembled it the other day.

Man, it is GREAT! Best one I have seen from 21st Century.
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Thu Jan 05, 2006 12:33 pm

Razor, I assume its the silver one right?

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:10 pm

toyktdlgh wrote:Razor, I assume its the silver one right?
Toyktdlgh! My old friend. I assumed you would be hot on the trail. Yes, this is the silver one and it is nice!
They are getting ready to do inventory, so it may get moved.
Okay- I left it behind the "Red-3" in the beat up box that has been there FOREVER! :roll:
It is in the aisle across from sporting goods desk where the scanner is located.
All the other other XD items have been moved over to the aisle nextdoor to this.
If you can't find the plane, ask a friendly Walmart employee for help or better yet find Lassie and he will lead you to the plane! :lol:

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:56 pm

lOl, thanks for the directions! I can always count on you for good intel. :lol:

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:06 pm

hey guys
last weekend when i was in Culpepper Va
the SWM there had 5 1/18 Cobras and 7 1/18 air america Hueys
i'll try to check this weekend and do a recount
if anybodys looking maybe we can do a swap or something

vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by vulgarvulture » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:30 pm

Pleasanton, CA W-M:

11 Red Noses and about as many Humvees.

I'd be really surprised if 104s show up any time soon given the influx of 109s.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:46 pm

vulgarvulture wrote:Pleasanton, CA W-M:

11 Red Noses and about as many Humvees.

What about all the 109's they had? Are they all gone?

Rogo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Rogo » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:12 pm

Unfortunately, it seems that the California Walmarts received only the red nose Graf 109. No Hackls, Sahls, F-104s to be found anywhere :evil:

Rogo

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Thu Jan 05, 2006 10:00 pm

Yep, it sure seems that way. Not good. :( :( :(

Cripesamighty
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Cripesamighty » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:44 am

My local Walmart had a Hackl and a Sahl left. I got both of those. Also had Sky Captain P-40, the 104 that was there earlier in the week was gone, so I was a little disappointed.

Went down the highway a little ways and checked out the only TRU that's around. They had NOTHING. A few Elite Force figures, nothing special. The TRU seem to be going downhill FAST. I can remember going to this TRU when I was little to get the latest GI JOE(3 3/4"). They seemed to really have the whole store stocked well back then,now nothing.

Checked the Walmart down the road from the TRU. At first, I didn't see anything but a couple 1:32 planes. Turned the corner, looked up and there were 8 1:18 sitting on the top shelf, all me-109's, 4 were the same. On the shelf under that were 3 more 1:18's, A Sky Captain P-40, another 109, and behind that.......USAF 104!! Snatched the 104 and when I went to check out it wasn't entered in their system yet. May have just gotten it in as they were restocking the shelves. All in all a good day. :D

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Fri Jan 06, 2006 11:42 am

Aurora, IN WM :
Hit a goldmine at this one!
Found US and German halftracks!
Regular and Winter M41 Walker Bulldogs
A few trucks
They even had several stacks of original static M113 APC and Bradley Fighting vehicles...(at regular price though)
I really wish they would get smart and discount these!

Best find- almost complete set of Japanese Soldiers!!!! plus a few extras
I haven't seen these in quite awhile.

email me: [email protected]
if anyone is interested in the Japanese - they are heading to Ebay soon...