1:18 scale Colonial Marines in March 2016?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Razor17019
Officer - Brigadier General

1:18 scale Colonial Marines in March 2016?

Post by Razor17019 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 9:28 pm

Why have I not spotted these before?
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodi ... phzw29IjIU
http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodi ... ph0dG9IjIU
1:18 scale Colonial Marines from "Aliens" are coming out in March 2016.
Has anyone seen these?
I just spotted them on Amazon and Entertainment Earth.
This is something I have been looking for a long time!
They have 1:18 scale Aliens to go with them too.
Would love to know who has these and the least expensive.
I would love to get a whole squad of them.
"Game over, Man"
Razor
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

B17Fortress
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: 1:18 scale Colonial Marines in March 2016?

Post by B17Fortress » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:53 am

They have been a while in the making, and--from preproduction stills on Facebook--they look very much like Power Team Elite figures. I'm excited that we are getting 1:18 USCMC figures, but I'll hold my money on these, unless they make a Drake figure.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon Jan 18, 2016 5:21 pm

Wow I don't agree with that assessment... These are miles superior to PTE IMO. I've been really excited about this line for a while, and now Hiya's been teasing they may try their hand at the APC... Asking for blueprints online if anyone has hi-res ones.

Hiya's had them up for pre-order on BBTS for eons now, but pushed back due to production issues ranging from toolings to paint apps. I think they look awesome if not a tad generic (IE: I don't find them to be terribly good representations of the actors they're based on). They're Aliens: Colonial Marines though, not Aliens, and as such the company has had some limitations they've had to deal with. I really love the figures as-is though if they're turning out as social media pics imply they are. My only other gripe is a lack of holsters/sidearms for everyone. :|

Their Power Loader looks insanely awesome IMO. Something I've wanted in 4" scale for a long time, if no reason than to have it for other lines I like. :)

BTW If you want just Drake, they made him for the Hot Toys Snap Kits. He's quite cool, though no doo-rag. :?

I'm hoping this line continues, and I'm glad to see an EE pre-order as I'll likely put my order in with them over BBTS. I like BBTS but prefer the free shipping on EE, especially when the prices are usually comparable.

Hot Toys Snap Kit Aliens figures are up to pretty insane prices. Wish I'd bought a few cases back at the time now. Would've been a good investment.

BTW I highly recommend the Aliens from Aliens: Colonial Marines line... They're AMAZING figures on their own. And each has a facehugger and egg too, and a nice grated floor base to boot. Pricey, but these small lines are all pretty similar in that regard and you're getting what you pay for, for the most part.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

normandy

Post by normandy » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:22 pm

Jesse, Isn't Hiya the same company that made the Ourwar German figures?

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:34 pm

Yeah this is the same company... Supposedly "Our War" is still a thing, and going to continue, but they've got this license and are zeroed in on it at the moment. If you're into Aliens and this scale, I really cannot recommend their Aliens that are available right now. I got one out of curiosity, and I liked the Hot Toys ones well enough but wanted something different and I knew they had the egg and facehugger, and I gotta say when I got it I was simply blown away.

That plus figures are up in price all over ($13 Star Wars figures, my main gig, so I wasn't hurt by the price). And these are imports just like Hot Toys is... So price is sort of relative. They really blew me away though, and while the Marine likenesses are dubious, I think the figures (what we've seen) look pretty insanely cool and they've been taking care to listen to fans online about deco, etc.

Again, wish there were sidearms, wish the likenesses to the actors was more Neca level, wish there was a steady-gunner (a gun's been pictured, but no gunner... yet.), but hey this is a promising start IMO, and unlike when Hot Toys was doing their figures, I will actually pick up extras and do a little army building on this line while I can. :)

And if you've seen the Power Loader, it's a work of art IMO.

This line, Acid Rain, and some other things have caught my eye since about 2012 when Star Wars started drifting away from what I liked. So I'm pretty stoked by this stuff. It's where my collecting heart lies these days. 4" scale lines that are kinda niche stuff, and pricey, but the quality's up there for sure. I'm all-in on Acid Rain's line and have spent probably way way too much on it, but I've not regretted a purchase I've made yet. :)

And Hasbro still gets my $ with a figure here and there. I'm actually enjoying lulls where they only put out a limited # of things I want. Opened my collecting mind up some.

Now if only there were a 4" WW2 line of highly articulated, detailed figures. :(
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!