Good 1/18 Civilian Figures

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Coreyeagle48
Officer - Brigadier General

Good 1/18 Civilian Figures

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:09 pm

Greetings

Looking for 1/18 civilian figures. What were some good ones that were made? I know of the ones from the Indiana Jones line, weren't there some from Harry Potter.

I could use some for projects. Names of the figures and what lines they were from would be beneficial if anyone knows
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

tmanthegreat

Re: Good 1/18 Civilian Figures

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:25 pm

The Indiana Jones figures are what I'm most familiar with... Just google "Indiana Jones action figures" and you will get pictures of the different waves from the Hasbro line that was out a few years ago. Some are easier to find than others. Here's a somewhat complete breakdown of the more civilian-like figures:

Indiana Jones (various outfits including leather coat & fedora, without coat, with leather coat, fedora, and tie). Figures usually have whip, pistol, some with removable hat, gear bag, etc.

Young Indy in Boy Scout uniform

Henry Jones Sr. (coat, pants, vest & hat. Also has umbrella, briefcase and Grail diary - probably the best generic civilian figure)

Marion (in various outfits: Basket Chase outfit; dress from the well of souls scene). Basket Chase Marion figure has a frying pan to boot!

Mutt (various outfits including jeans and t-shirt and biker coat)

Short Round (jeans, t-shirt, and hat as in Temple of Doom)

Willie Scott (ballgown/fancy dress)

Elsa Schneider (pants and white blouse as in the end of Last Crusade)

Jungle guide (guy from the beginning scene for Raiders - jacket, shirt, pants) This one is hard to find!

Thot (German agent - black coat, pants, hat) another good civilian-looking figure, but hard to find

Then if you want more exotic/ethnic figures:

Indy in Arab garb from Map Room scene

Sullah (in Arab/desert garb)

Belloq in ancient Jewish Priest clothing (from end of Raiders)

Various Arabs and temple guards: Cairo Swordsman & Arab spy with monkey are good generic Arab figures.

Mula Ram & temple guard from Temple of Doom
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:23 pm

You won't get anything from the last wave for cheap... that'd be Marion in her dress, Toht, Satipo (Jungle guide), Indy German uniform... They were a SDCC exclusive only in a big boxed set that cost an arm and a leg at the show and costs 2 of each now. Plus whatever's left, to ship it.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

normandy

Post by normandy » Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:24 am

Some of the figures from The Golden Compass might work, if you can find them.

Lyra Belacqua - With Pantalaimon dæmon
Mrs. Coulter - With Golden Monkey dæmon
Lord Asriel - With Stelmaria the snow leopard dæmon
Lee Scoresby - With Hester the hare dæmon
Lord John Faa - With Crow dæmon
Tony Costa - With warthog dæmon
Tartar Warrior - With wolf dæmon (2 variants available to collect)
Serafina Pekkala

zodiacflash
Corporal
Corporal

Post by zodiacflash » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:40 am

If you're looking for modern, try Fisher Price Adventure People. I may be a little biased due to the fact that I have a small collection, most of which I played with as a kid and my two youngest kids still play with today. I know I've written about them here in these forums before. There are some pretty decent generic civilians: outdoorsmen, families, divers, even a couple of good ones from a TV news crew. They were made to be played rough with, so detail and articulation are very simple, but the plastic is sturdy and takes model paint pretty well if you want to paint them. The outfits are of course contemporary to the mid to late 70's, but for the most part I think they could pass for modern. You might find a few pretty cheap on ebay or other B/S/T sites.
"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to work hard at work worth doing."
-Theodore Roosevelt

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:14 am

zodiacflash wrote:If you're looking for modern, try Fisher Price Adventure People. I may be a little biased due to the fact that I have a small collection, most of which I played with as a kid and my two youngest kids still play with today. I know I've written about them here in these forums before. There are some pretty decent generic civilians: outdoorsmen, families, divers, even a couple of good ones from a TV news crew. They were made to be played rough with, so detail and articulation are very simple, but the plastic is sturdy and takes model paint pretty well if you want to paint them. The outfits are of course contemporary to the mid to late 70's, but for the most part I think they could pass for modern. You might find a few pretty cheap on ebay or other B/S/T sites.
I remember those! I got some on the tail end of the line in the 1980s. Still have them, albeit a bit beat up. Have a couple astronauts, a moon buggy vehicle, a jet pilot, and a hard-hat diver. Got the diver in a set with a treasure chest, buoy, and octopus for my 4th birthday 30 years ago... Surprised I still remember that :lol:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Fri Mar 27, 2015 6:10 pm

And they're cheap, usually. I get the moon buggy now and then for customizing on the cheapy cheap.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

sdhenke
Corporal
Corporal

Post by sdhenke » Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:19 pm

I had the same deal not too long ago. Look for Dr. Who (there's even some women in that line, too), A-Team, Duck Dynasty, and some of those outdoors sets at Wal-Marts, Bass Pro Shops, etc. There were some from "Terminator: Salvation" and "Avatar" as well.
If at first you don't succeed...GIVE UP!

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Thu Apr 02, 2015 3:54 pm

Here are some I used in a flood rescue scenary posted some time ago. The 2 upper lines are the well known Indiana Jones and Harry Potter. Bottom line: Avatar Grace Augustine (search for the others: Norm Spellman, Parker Selfridge, Jack Sully), one GI-Joe, one from the Terminator movie, 2 from the A-Team Movie and 1 customized 21st century Vietnam tank driver as a photographer.