Hetzer

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Aracula
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Hetzer

Post by Aracula » Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:43 pm

Hetzer I am working on and experimenting with foliage and pigments, looking for some suggestions to make it look a bit more realistic, and comments be appreciated.

http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/aracu ... sort=3&o=1

http://s1313.photobucket.com/user/aracu ... sort=3&o=0

And yes Maus is still coming along:)
Wir ritten unsere Panzer zum Ruhm, es war der Todesschwan oder die Panzer. Schlacht von Kursk.

normandy
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Hetzer

Post by normandy » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:46 pm

Wow your Hetzer looks great Aracula!!! The three color camo scheme looks good as well!

As for the Foliage: I would use just one of the colors. If you think of the time of year, that would dictate which color to use. Spring - light green, Summer - dark green and Fall - yellow. This is just a suggestion nothing written in stone.

This is a very nice looking custom, I'd love to see a 1:18 Hetzer Kit.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:55 pm

Your Hetzer tooling is looking great! Much better than your very early examples and quite accurate now. I want one :wink:

As normandy said, I'd try to keep the foliage all one color - and ensure its a little more drab... Some of it looks quite bright in your pictures.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Aracula
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Aracula » Wed Feb 26, 2014 4:07 pm

Okay guys, both great advice thanks. I am learning as I go and want to make them more accurate, so the advice is appreciated.
Wir ritten unsere Panzer zum Ruhm, es war der Todesschwan oder die Panzer. Schlacht von Kursk.

Aracula
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Aracula » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:21 am

normandy

Post by normandy » Thu Feb 27, 2014 1:55 pm

Thats it Aracula, thats the look you want, nothing jumps out at you when viewing the model. The
camouflage paint scheme along with the foliage were used to break up the shape of the tank and
also help it blend into the surroundings.
Nice Job!

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:52 pm

Use woodland scenics "dead foilage" and try to use metal wire or rope to put it on. Your Hetzer looks good, it would really benefit from some fading to tone down that green. Looks like you already have a bid on it!

Aracula
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Aracula » Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:06 am

Yeah I seen that bid already, same guy has bought from me before. Guess he likes my vehicles :)

Again appreciate the advice I am learning on this weathering effects of the vehicles, and just purchased a 3D printer, which I am hoping to use to make more accurate wheels, and other smaller parts that I can mold and reuse to speed up my process a bit.