bbi f18 pilots anyone have this problem

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
dannyc
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

bbi f18 pilots anyone have this problem

Post by dannyc » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:45 am

i got the bbi sidewinders f18 about 2 weeks ago and when i took out the pilot he could barely move his waist cant be moved his wrists are so brittle im scared to move them and the feet are stiff the only parts that move easily are the knee's and arms the head is so so has anyone else had this problem thanks Daniel C
:hornet: :hornet:
:hornet: :hornet:
:hornet:

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Re: bbi f18 pilots anyone have this problem

Post by granch » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:01 am

All new BBI items have the same problem, easy to solve: warm the figure anough (hot -no boiling- water during five minutes, or for only a few seconds the microwave oven). This will make the plastic softer and you should be able to move all joints. It's what I've done with my own Sidewinder F/A-18 pilot. I've also tried with same results: direct sun exposure, room radiator, 40W spotlight... just don't leave your figure too long in the heat, or you'll have a liquid pilot (easy to put into the Hornet though, but poor visual result).

A-10LOADER
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by A-10LOADER » Sun Mar 03, 2013 2:27 pm

Mine were stiff too when I got em. Just move them slowly at first until they loosen up.

Steve
OPERATION "DELIBERATE GUARD", "SOUTHERN WATCH", "ENDURING FREEDOM" AND, "IRAQI FREEDOM" VETERAN.

dannyc
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by dannyc » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:49 pm

i tried the 2nd tip on my us navy seal night raid figure and both his hands broke and now i cant get the f18 pilot out of the cockpit :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:06 pm

Well, loosing the left hand is not such a problem, there's no throttle in the BBI F-18. But OK, I'll show you 2 other ways to repair your pilot with the help of my doctor (who worked a time in a secret intelligence unit :twisted: ):
On the right, a small dremel bit (without the machine) to make a hole in the hand, than a small piece of iron or steel wire, and that's all. The hole has to be a little bit smaller than the wire diameter, so it holds better.
On the left, more clockwork engineering: same hole in the hand, to put a thin screw. With a bigger dremel bit, partly empty the remaining wrist piece that brokes, try to make the hole wider in the inner of the sleeve, warm it a little so the screw head goes in place without forcing. This is my best method. Be sure, I've broke now about 10 BBI figure wrist (damned weapons, pistol grip too broad, or the butt forced the angle of hand...) and repaired them successfull this way. You can even choose between a very mobile wrist or a more tight on with screwing less or more.

dannyc
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by dannyc » Mon Mar 04, 2013 7:44 pm

thanks granch by the way do you still need apache weapons parts for your kiowa custom i think i might have some from my long gone bbi apache

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:42 pm

dannyc, oh yes, I still need 2 Hellfire missiles if possible with the mount between them! please, pm me with an offer (also just 1 missile would also help)

dannyc
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by dannyc » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:06 pm

i will see if i have them