F-14?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Black_Dragon_One
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: F-14?

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:41 am

Beeavision wrote:I agree with tman. The f-14 model was an amazing aircraft despite its numerous spots and flaws with strengthening the gears a bit more. Certainly a major undertaking by JSI to even have pull it off at the scale it is. It maybe fragile in a few areas especially with the landing gears but for the most part its a pretty solid build in my opinion. I purchased two and currently have them hanging from the ceiling in a dive position. One with wings stretched out and the other swept back.

put the gi joe sky striker to shame lol
whats up doc....

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:49 am

A power team F-22, would put the sky striker to shame...
A helicopter does not want to fly, it just vibrates so much that the ground rejects it

rudedog
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by rudedog » Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:47 am

don't let the main gear scare you its an awsome bird to have buy a stand or hang it . ebay is always full of the older hornets . i have 2 cats and would not get rid of either one if the sundowner comes out i will be all over it as soon as avaitornut has it in stock. if you git a spot cat get it repainted put a new set of nozzles on and get the loose hornet pilots and watch your cat go ballistic. if you love the 1/18 scale as the rest of us do it want stop you the cat is the best jet done so far. my jolly roger cat and black jolly roger hornet are flying in the last flight together and my black knight and golden dragon are in flight together.

Beeavision
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Beeavision » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:29 am

I'm in the same boat with rudedog. If they release another paint scheme that I favor I'll probably get it. Who knows maybe the landing gears will come out even better the third time around. As they say, "Third time's a charm". lol

As for the repaints several members here came up with amazing schemes. TKO did a low viz worth looking at....

http://www.warbird-photos.com/gpxd/view ... 0&p=243518

http://www.warbird-photos.com/gpxd/view ... p?p=235233

Black Lion VF-213 had his redone with a glossy over coat finish achieving a flashy metal look.

http://www.warbird-photos.com/gpxd/view ... =9&t=25373

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:47 pm

rudedog wrote:don't let the main gear scare you its an awsome bird to have buy a stand or hang it . ebay is always full of the older hornets . i have 2 cats and would not get rid of either one if the sundowner comes out i will be all over it as soon as avaitornut has it in stock. if you git a spot cat get it repainted put a new set of nozzles on and get the loose hornet pilots and watch your cat go ballistic. if you love the 1/18 scale as the rest of us do it want stop you the cat is the best jet done so far. my jolly roger cat and black jolly roger hornet are flying in the last flight together and my black knight and golden dragon are in flight together.
For how much I DO want the F-14 to be my next entry to my collection, it sure sounds like its going to cost an extra penny or two, just to safely display it, but on the other hand, for just $30 more I can add 2 modern aircraft to my collection..
A helicopter does not want to fly, it just vibrates so much that the ground rejects it

rudedog
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by rudedog » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:06 pm

its your choice just rember the old cats are out of production and will only go up in price the stands are only $35.00. a collection is what makes you happy. mine is large and takes up my toy room but i just sit there and enjoy all of it.

Beeavision
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Beeavision » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:16 pm

Get them while their cheap"ER". lol

Curtsey of trex0770

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:40 pm

What kind of armament does the sidewinders come with?

Beeavision
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Beeavision » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:43 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think only the "Military Toy Shop" carries them now. Everyone else is sold out from what I can gather. Ebay will eventually end up being your last hope where prices are sometimes inflated to turn a profit.

http://www.militarytoyshop.com/prodtype ... istory=cat

bobb428
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by bobb428 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:45 pm

I will buy pretty much any scheme JSI gives me! I want now.

Beeavision
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Beeavision » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:50 pm

The_Helicopter_Pilot wrote:What kind of armament does the sidewinders come with?
Curtsey of Merit Intel./BCTs

(2) AIM-9 sidewinder missiles
(4) MK-82 bombs
(3) drop tanks
Last edited by Beeavision on Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:52 pm

Beeavision wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but I think only the "Military Toy Shop" carries them now. Everyone else is sold out from what I can gather. Ebay will eventually end up being your last hope where prices are sometimes inflated to turn a profit.

http://www.militarytoyshop.com/prodtype ... istory=cat
No I found one under $300 somewhere else and on another site, found them both at $299 each.

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:54 pm

Beeavision wrote:
The_Helicopter_Pilot wrote:What kind of armament does the sidewinders come with?
Curtsey of Merit Intel./BCTs

(2) AIM-9 sidewinder missiles
(4) MK-82 bombs
(3) drop tanks
Not quite what I was expecting for a new release...

Beeavision
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Beeavision » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:10 pm

Your right, I missed one more below. It seems Aiken's recently updated their site. Must of did it over the holidays. Looks a hell of a lot better then before. lol

http://www.aikensairplanes.com/1-18-scale-2-molded/

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:01 pm

Beeavision wrote:Your right, I missed one more below. It seems Aiken's recently updated their site. Must of did it over the holidays. Looks a hell of a lot better then before. lol

http://www.aikensairplanes.com/1-18-scale-2-molded/
And here, http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_ ... 023c02.htm

Aviatornut.com
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Aviatornut.com » Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:09 pm

Beeavision
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Beeavision » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:35 pm

Oops, I see we have two more contenders in the ring. lol Its good to know there are still some left. Never checked out Spruce Brothers though I think I have heard of them before. It looks like they have Aviatornut beat by $7. :mrgreen: Neither indicate free shipping however which may bring the price back up to where the others are offering at with free shipping. I never ordered from either so you would have to check with them on any shipping fees whether its one flat rate or dependent on your location.

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:50 pm

Beeavision wrote:Oops, I see we have two more contenders in the ring. lol Its good to know there are still some left. Never checked out Spruce Brothers though I think I have heard of them before. It looks like they have Aviatornut beat by $7. :mrgreen: Neither indicate free shipping however which may bring the price back up to where the others are offering at with free shipping. I never ordered from either so you would have to check with them on any shipping fees whether its one flat rate or dependent on your location.
Spruce brothers is $30 shipping, so that brings it back up a bit..

Beeavision
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Beeavision » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:02 pm

According to Spruce Brother's site they offer free shipping on orders over $200.00 within the continental US. Maybe with this particular item due to its enormous size they may have to break their policy and charge for shipping. Did you try putting in an order without signing in to see what happens to the price? I see they give me a chose between Fedex or UPS (free shipping).

EDIT: Correction - Shopping cart... not order
Last edited by Beeavision on Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Beeavision
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Beeavision » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:07 pm

Your probably right. It might change later once I log in to complete the order. Who knows. All I know is I don't need another one right now. lol But when I do I'll keep these current prices in mind.

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:51 pm

I got that from just placing the order w/o signing in.

Beeavision
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Beeavision » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:44 pm

Interesting... :? Well, either case most sites I've been to in the past are pretty competitively priced. Sometimes you can find it $10-12 cheaper somewhere else but that's about it from what I've observed. So really its just a matter of who you decide to place your order with in the end. "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe...." lol

Good luck!

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:14 pm

Beeavision wrote:Interesting... :? Well, either case most sites I've been to in the past are pretty competitively priced. Sometimes you can find it $10-12 cheaper somewhere else but that's about it from what I've observed. So really its just a matter of who you decide to place your order with in the end. "Eeny, meeny, miny, moe...." lol

Good luck!
I don't need luck, I got a grateful deal on an F-16, F-18, and BF-109G, so I'm passing on the F-14, atleast till/if a new one comes out...

Beeavision
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Beeavision » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:44 pm

Sounds good, great choices. I have all three of those hanging from my ceiling and they're simply a wonder to look at. Also, just to clarify what I said earlier regarding the order I meant shopping cart. Brain fart. Getting late I guess. lol

The_Helicopter_Pilot
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by The_Helicopter_Pilot » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:27 am

Beeavision wrote:Sounds good, great choices. I have all three of those hanging from my ceiling and they're simply a wonder to look at. Also, just to clarify what I said earlier regarding the order I meant shopping cart. Brain fart. Getting late I guess. lol
Yeah, I know what you ment.