Any ideas?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
customizer135
Corporal
Corporal

Any ideas?

Post by customizer135 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:43 am

Ok so im looking 2 find the best vehicles for a stopmotion series in 1:18 scale any ideas of good websites in the us that sell good MODERN armor or troops??? also if anyone wants 2 try there hand at building any of the following vehicles: M35,M109,BTR-70,BTR-80,BTR-90,amtrak APC, ANY MODERN ISRALI OR RUSSIAN ARMOR
Also, if anyone can build MRAP vehicles in 5 months and 28 days i will gladly trade or buy them from the creators Thx
:blueangel:
1:18 RULES

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Any ideas?

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:53 am

customizer135 wrote:Ok so im looking 2 find the best vehicles for a stopmotion series in 1:18 scale any ideas of good websites in the us that sell good MODERN armor or troops???
Take a look at these websites:
http://store.foxholetoys.com/brte1scmose.html
http://smalljoes.com/cat/21st-Century-T ... l-62.shtml
http://smalljoes.com/cat/Forces-of-Valo ... -104.shtml

Your best bet is to track down the Unimax Bravo Team modern figures and vehicles. They have made 1:18 US Army and USMC troops, as well as Navy Seals and Delta Force figures. The US Army and USMC figures are still the easiest to find. The modern vehicles include an M1 Abrams (in desert or woodland cammo), M2 Bradley (in desert or woodland cammo), an LAV-25 in woodland cammo, and most recently a Humvee in desert cammo. The figures and likely the Humvee may even be at your local Target stores. It seems the Bravo Team M1 and M2 in desert cammo are the easiest to find from small retailers.

Many small retailers also have the BBI M1 Abrams and LAV-25 (the BBI LAV is superior to the Bravo Team version).

You will need to look on ebay for older items like the various 21st Century Toys Humvees and the 21st Century Toys M2 Bradley (one of the best pieces of modern armor in terms of functionality and moving parts).

If you wait until around November/December, most Big Lots stores will carry the inexpensive Power Team Elite modern figures and vehicles from China. These are nice for what they are and have some unique Chinese subjects mixed in with modern US stuff. Most of the tanks are underscale, but the PTE humvees are decent.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

customizer135
Corporal
Corporal

Post by customizer135 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:07 am

I currently own most of the figures by bravo force and 1 bbi lav and a destroyed 1 i used for parts any idea about the other types of armour?
:blueangel:

customizer135
Corporal
Corporal

Post by customizer135 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:13 am

sry i put that in a different topic any idea were 2 get 1:18 scale russian or israli armor

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:59 pm

Great you are familiar with Bravo Team.

Right now, the easiest to obtain "foreign" armor is from the Power Team Elite line. They have made Chinese tanks, armor, vehicles, helicopters, and aircraft. I have the Chinese Type 98 tank, APC, Fast Attack vehicle, and helicopter and they are pretty neat. The tank, APC, and FAV have a sort of "Russian" feel to them (as that's essentially where the Chinese got the design ideas from). The tanks are actually slightly smaller than 1:18 scale, but its hard to notice when next to each other. The Type 98 tank can be easily custom-painted into whatever scheme you want.

Normally a lot of these items can be found at Big Lots discount stores between November and December, but they are also available at some online retailers: http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/sear ... team+elite
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:40 pm

For israeli modern forces, you can try to find the M-113, once released from 21st Century and Motorworks. I've had one desert camo, but RC and resaled it, there is a version with detailled interior for sale from time to time on eBay (not really cheap, though). The most modern and standart vehicle released in use in Israel is the BBI Blackhawk, but you'll have to repaint it and make accurate decals. Sorry that 21 st died before they made the 1/18 israeli F-15 they presented at some shows ...
I have now 2 chinese "type 92" amphibious LAV from PTE, very nice pieces, not so expensive, probably real 1/18 scale and somewhat bigger than the BBI LAV-25, easy to custom (I could even make one able to float, have a look here: http://store.foxholetoys.com/20co1scdiphc.html, my contribution to the Foxholetoys 1st 1/18 contest). And here is it, customized, together with PTE "foreigners", fitted with marauderinc.com AK-74, previously showed in this forum:
Because I've left the swiss army 8 or 9 years ago, I don't now anymore if the chinese "type 92" LAV is a rebuilt of any russian BTR APC, mainly 8 wheeled vehicles. But the Chinese surely sold their "type 92" to several armies, probably the Pakistanese, not sure though. With the hope this will help you...
I'm sure the Chinese sold it to several armies, perheaps the Pakistanese, not sure though.

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:09 pm

have a look in here: http://www.warbird-photos.com/gpxd/view ... =1&t=28421. New member Falcone is going to make some new weapons, there is a Ghalil, you can not miss that if you're on for israeli's stuff.

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:12 pm

Here it is (sorry for the probably wrong spelling of the Galil):

customizer135
Corporal
Corporal

Post by customizer135 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:53 pm

Thanks man im defiantly going 2 pick up some :blueangel: