POST 21CENTURY FIGURE FINDS AND DISCUSSION HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:15 am

Here`s a question for 21st.

XD German S1,they ever going to be redone BUT with the newer articulation?
Or would 21st consider doing some new German Infantry especially an Officer or two with the new articulation?

Ja
Steel Bonnet

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sat Nov 05, 2005 5:17 pm

steelbonnet wrote:Here`s a question for 21st.

XD German S1,they ever going to be redone BUT with the newer articulation?
Or would 21st consider doing some new German Infantry especially an Officer or two with the new articulation?

Ja
Steel Bonnet
This would be GREAT!! But I got a feeling, we'll just see them release ANOTHER airplane instead.... :cry:

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:57 pm

There are the BoB German figures. While they are geared for winter, they don't look that out of place wearing the long coats when placed with the S1 figures. The one with the open coat can have it removed to make a regular looking soldier. The BoB US troops, consequently, don't go with the S1 US figures very well. You can still order the German figures from various small retailers, and repaint the helmet. The new BoB figures at Wal Mart that come with the gray helmets have been abound in my area and I have consequently bolstered my German forces with more or less regular looking troops.

Still, remakes of regular German figures with new articulation would be a welcome addition!

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:23 pm

Are the German heads on the BOB figures easy to pop out? One thing I don't get is that you'd think 21C would put that 'scarf wrap' around the Closed Coat Germans. When you take the long coat off to make the German not a BOB figure-you're stuck with the 'scarf wrap'. :roll:

digger

Easy

Post by digger » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:29 pm

Very easy to head swap - actually maybe the easiest line to do so. Just pluck 'em off. :D Para heads go on/off easy too. 8)

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: Easy

Post by holensock » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:52 am

digger wrote:Very easy to head swap - actually maybe the easiest line to do so. Just pluck 'em off. :D Para heads go on/off easy too. 8)
Thanks, digger! Just did it!! VERY easy! Little nervous at first, but one, two, three, DONE!

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:12 am

One thing i have noticed with the mainstay of US troops WWII. Is that there almost all geared around 3rd Army. Plus with patton done as well,nice to see the solidness of the Army group.

Though would love to see other US Army groups,maybe even other High ranking officers too?

Must admit though some British WWII Paratroopers,Infantry & Tank crew,maybe even some officers would be Great :D

Though 21st,Please please please give them hip artic so they can open there legs for better stances,seating on bikes,etc.

Ja
Steel Bonnet

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:43 pm

I wish I could find the post someone had about the head wraps on the Sahara figures being removeable - give them some kudos for giving me another project. Now, I need to find another set do I can do up a custom Indiana Jones from the map room (using a Han Solo head :wink: )

digger

bst

Post by digger » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:04 pm

Morian Miner wrote:I wish I could find the post someone had about the head wraps on the Sahara figures being removeable...
BST forum... :wink:

pcb122605
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by pcb122605 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:50 pm

Has any one in the Philadelphis area had any luck finding figures or vehicles (not planes) at Walmarts in the area? I have never seen a figure and very few vehicles (none in over a year) at any Walmart from Scranton to Delaware.

Any Merrill's Marauders sightings at TRU around here? I haven't seen any or even space for it at the TRU I frequent.

Please post if you have found anything in the area.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:14 am

Pittsburgh's not terribly different... We've got plenty of Marines though now, but BotB has been 99% non-existant (I saw remnants at one WM I frequent very often), Sahara's never been seen to my knowledge, and neither have the Japanese... Come to think of it, nor have the Patton figures or Pilots been seen to my knowledge and I'm out there pounding pavement on the prowl for Star Wars so I check pretty often.

The RC Tanks are out here now... But the other tanks/halftracks are LONG gone.

The same dust-collector planes and choppers linger at most every Wal-Mart though, and one WM nearby has literally a wall of choppers back near the lawn area... I'm not kidding that I could count 50 of them just right in the front, so god knows how many are stacked behind the front.

The halftracks sold like lightning when they arrived, and when we got Tigers if you missed them they pretty much went out the door (never saw a winter one unfortunately). Panzers were scarce, and I got one that, I'm guessing, got lost in the stockroom and put out in clearance right away. Felt lucky to get that given what that store's usually like for XD stuff.

Some of the newer planes came and went like the night fighter. That was just a couple weeks ago, and they basically just dried up in a week from when I was at that store.

Merril's Marauders and the BBI WW2 figures have all been non-existant at our TRU's out here but I've not gotten to those as frequently since they're all in inconvenient locations for me. Lucky to get to one a week maybe, but so far no sightings of either of those items hitting at TRU. PA's just not a lucky state I guess. :)
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

pcb122605
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by pcb122605 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:32 am

Found Merrill's Marauders at TRU in Oxford valley PA today. Great set for 40 bucks - especially since I didn't already have either of the vehicles.

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:44 pm

I found the Marauder set at TRU in Dublin OH. (N.W. Columbus) yesterday. No BBI WW2 figs.

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:29 pm

Series 2 marines showed up recently a local walmarts; 2.00 at one while 4.97 at another, but they are available

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:23 pm

Merrill's Marauders in San Antonio now at 3 stores. 8)

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

mondaytanker
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by mondaytanker » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:16 am

I found what must be an S3 releases of the marines yesterday. The base color of the uniforms is tan with camouflage. Has anyone else seen these?

I didn't notice if Digger had his flag. I will check tonight.

I picked up one set of seven and two Sahara figures and another Panzer.

dkalcevic
Private First Class
Private First Class

sightings

Post by dkalcevic » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:34 am

WM in west mifflin pa. Green rc 1:6 scale hummer, tan 1:9 scale m1 as well as bob half track and us tank. very few figures.

TRU in west mifflin, merrills marauders

WM in Johnstown pa 1:18 scale rc m113 and panzer

pretty good invetory. of course i had to buy one of each.

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:03 pm

Found 1:6 RC M5 Stuart tanks with 2 1:6 figures at Sam's Club. They were in a new blue box and they were about $150.

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Wed Nov 16, 2005 12:42 pm

Has anyone ever found 1/18 XD at Sam's Club? I've never checked there.

rmoore456
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: xd

Post by rmoore456 » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:43 pm

kevrut wrote:Has anyone ever found 1/18 XD at Sam's Club? I've never checked there.
Nope. My wife works there and she lets me know when something new comes in.

Ray

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:58 pm

i saw 1/6 Stuarts there but nothing else 21st

digger

Sahara figs make for cool customs

Post by digger » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:06 pm

Got my hands on Sahara figures - they are the customizer's dream. However there could be backpack or some sort of pack included if not a gun (which I could understand). Anyway, they come apart very easily, and robes and head scarves come off. The heads under the scarves are not for public viewing, so without the scarf they are useless. And all the heads are BIG anyway so you want to ditch them altogether. What you are getting is the awesome head dress (better on Giordino imo) that fits on anyone, and two sets of legs with khaki pants and brown boots. The torsos are worthless, but the limbs go on the 21st SF guy with ease, and the robes are like the BoB BAR gunner - they can be worked on most guys after arms are off. The legs are well articulated like the Japanese, but the arms are missing swivel above the elbow which hurts. You could pretty much make 4 new SF guys from these 2 with no glue or cutting. I don't know the possibility for SAS but when I get 2 more I will look up some pics and see. I'm glad they're $5 so I don't feel that bad destroying them right out of the package 8)

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:57 am

You can easily do SAS using the Sahara figure parts.

In the offical SAS photo album book,there`s some photos of SAS in Iraq/Saudia wearing the robes & headgear so yea have them in that with M16-203 combos,Minimi`s,etc. Also most certainly get yourself a 1/18th 110 Landrover Defender & rework into a Wolf XD SAS variant :D

Ja
Steel Bonnet

digger

sahara guys

Post by digger » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:27 am

Ja,
Actually doing modern SAS I had thought out but what I still have yet to look into is doing WWII NA SAS guys. Solido makes a very nice SAS Jeep and the clothes these guys are wearing are "timeless" so to speak. The weapons are an issue but the Jeep is heavily armed with MGs so they are not essential.

As for the customs in general, I broke about $20 in figures last night :oops: I am one of the least patient people in the world and so while I was doing some torso swapping with my SF guys I would occassionally skip the hot water and sure enough -snap :( :cry: You know the sign of stupidity when you do the same thing over and over and expect different results? :mrgreen:
Anyway, needless to say these Sahara guys could also be used to fill out the bad guys' ranks - throw one of the robes on an Eastern Warrior and you have great Taliban. :wink:

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:08 am

Hey Digger,

I do think they will work well for either SAS or LRDG WWII NA period mate.
I`ve seen photos of SAS/LRDG wearing full arabic gear.Though of course you could use the headwrap on a figure in shirt & shorts or trousers & there`s a uniformed SAS/LRDG person too :D

I`m going to have to get some of these early next year (hopefully be more readily available),as i do have one of the SAS jeeps from Solido & a custom made Chevy truck (almost done ;) ) for my desert pair of vehicles :D

As for mishaps,well mate your not alone with repetative mishap....LOL

Ja
Steel Bonnet