Replacement Parts and Hamilton Standard Decals

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
norwaystar06
Corporal
Corporal

Replacement Parts and Hamilton Standard Decals

Post by norwaystar06 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:31 pm

I have been collecting 1:18 scale aircraft for quite some time and i gotta say having little kids around all the time does a number to these aircraft. So i am wondering if there is like a "black market" for 1:18 spares and such. I need to replace my BBI F4U Corsair Prop (one of the inner latching/clips broke, which means it wont clip to the engine anymore). And this was i think JS International's fault i was fiddling around with their relatively new P 38 Lightning's Landing gear figuring out how the damn things lock in place after i got that figured out the front landing gear door decided to come off... at first it was a normal response thinking these are relatively loose parts then i realize the 2 hinges that hold the part to the body is Inside the body so the Door can never hang again unless its in the closed Lock Position. So essentially what im looking for is a
-JSI P-38 Lightning Front Landing Gear door
-BBI F4U Corsair Propeller.

Also I have been striving to make my airplanes to look as realistic as possible and i was wondering if anyone can send me to a place that sells the Hamilton Standard Decals
I like how BBI atleast makes an effort with the knock off version but it doesnt cut it and it really peeves me off seeing a bare Propeller on the 21st Century and JSI stuff.

Anyway help would greatly be appreciated :)
Dang, That Rank should read "Seaman Apprentice" with 2 diagonal slashes :D US Navy!

Snake Man
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Replacement Parts and Hamilton Standard Decals

Post by Snake Man » Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:29 pm

Regarding propeller decals, keep in mind that ALL American aircraft did not use Hamilton Standard props. A significant number of them used Curtiss Electric propellers. Notably the P-47's with the pointed propeller hubs, most P-40's, and some P-38's.

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:14 pm

Any spares or replacement parts members have available are usually posted in the 'Salvage Yard' section in B/S/T.
Last edited by flayrah on Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by pickelhaube » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:19 pm

Our forum member makes both decals I think.

But he is MIA now.

His computer is down and out. :(
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

gliderdwm
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by gliderdwm » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:06 pm

pickelhaube wrote:Our forum member makes both decals I think.

But he is MIA now.

His computer is down and out. :(
Yea Jackson is down and out. What are we going to do. If he doesn't make anymore we really need a source for 1/18 decals. I bought a few sets from Monkey depot a while back in 1/18 I believe from johns stuff but since than nothing. This is getting serious :cry:

norwaystar06
Corporal
Corporal

Post by norwaystar06 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:16 pm

does Jackson also make the Japanese Kill Count decal as well? the one that is on the side of the JSI P 38 is just a pitiful attempt just a white rectangle with a couple of red lines in all directions... very sad i was upset to see that

Edit: Awwww man i just saw the forum rules and im not allowed to participate until i am a member for 6 months... i clearly fill the roll of being over 18 though :P
Dang, That Rank should read "Seaman Apprentice" with 2 diagonal slashes :D US Navy!

snake

Post by snake » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:22 pm

norwaystar06 wrote:does Jackson also make the Japanese Kill Count decal as well? the one that is on the side of the JSI P 38 is just a pitiful attempt just a white rectangle with a couple of red lines in all directions... very sad i was upset to see that

Edit: Awwww man i just saw the forum rules and im not allowed to participate until i am a member for 6 months... i clearly fill the roll of being over 18 though :P

That rule only applies to the Buy/Sell/Trade section.

You are only asking for help in finding these decals, and parts. So no worries. :D

Jackson might be down with computer issues, but Badcat can help you out with the kill markings. Think they used to carry the Hamilton Standard decals as well, but these don't seem to be listed anymore. These are actually the decals done by Jackson, so may want to wait until he is back up and running.

http://www.badcattoys.com/1scvede.html#top

Axis Nightmare

Post by Axis Nightmare » Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:53 am

By the way, Welcome :D . This Forum is a lot of fun and a lot of help as well as inspiration. I get a kick out of the little faces too :)

What makes the P-51 Mustang so special?

"It would do for 8 hours what a Spitfire would do for 45 minutes."

Brig. Gen. Chuck Yeager

norwaystar06
Corporal
Corporal

Post by norwaystar06 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:47 am

Hey thanks for the welcome and thanks for that website too I didn't know bad cat sold decals (perhaps I should look harder :P) yeah anyway im glad to have found a place that can help with now what looks to be a very limited hobby