Our Ebay Friend from Ohio is at is Again - BEWARE!!!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
gustav
Sergeant
Sergeant

Our Ebay Friend from Ohio is at is Again - BEWARE!!!

Post by gustav » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:45 pm

It appears our Ebay friend from Ohio is at it again. Search RAAF 1:18 on Ebay and you'll see that he has four of those 1:18 BBI Australian Exclusive Mustangs for sale. Of course he's using a stock photo with the bush league excuse that he can't post a real photo because his cell phone batter is dead. Bull$hit!

Any money says he'll end all four auctions early with absolutely no consequences to him because he's listing them from the Ebay account he uses for purchasing items.

My guess is this has something to do with the other BBI Australian Mustangs listed earlier this week. Maybe this is some type of psychological warfare on the seller of the other Australian Mustangs in order to get his price down???

Whatever it is, beware!

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Re: Our Ebay Friend from Ohio is at is Again - BEWARE!!!

Post by flayrah » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:37 pm

Thanks for the heads up. I saw those posts, as well as some other exclusive pieces he's listed and wondered what was going on. The RAAF Mustangs are virtually never seen, then a group show up at once....I feel sorry for all the guys who are bidding, hoping to get a rare model.

gliderdwm
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by gliderdwm » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:57 pm

He has the Skyworks Komet kit for sale as before. He still has the comment about ending the auction early and donating the proceeds. :roll:

cjg476
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by cjg476 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:56 pm

You have been warned!!! I would stay away, This guy is nothing but trouble. He still is creating new accounts just to send me messages criticizing what I sell, I have contacted ebay a couple times and they just tell me they will look into it. I still have heard nothing back. Everytime he emails me via ebay, I just block that one with the others. I think he is up to at least four that I know of.
Corey
Good Trader Report:
Dauntless-----------------------[Cat]CplSlade
Jlspec
Pickelhaube
Axis nightmare
Flyboy_fx

Jesse James
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Jesse James » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:11 pm

Any excuse as to why you can't post a photo on the net is right up there with "The dog ate my homework".
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:06 pm

Jesse James wrote:Any excuse as to why you can't post a photo on the net is right up there with "The dog ate my homework".
:lol: :lol: :lol:

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:56 am

Can't quite figure this strange seller out but seems to be flipping 1/18s, bought a lot of 1/18 from one account including Spitfire 4Q and listing for sale at another account (if this is the same guy)? Tidy profit if it gets sold...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorworks-1-18 ... 337159d850

Can't help feeling the multiple Aussie Mustangs listings that were ended were influenced/manipulated somehow
"Be Water, My Friend..."

Good Trader: Tankace

456THBG
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by 456THBG » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:59 pm

gustav wrote:It appears our Ebay friend from Ohio is at it again. Search RAAF 1:18 on Ebay and you'll see that he has four of those 1:18 BBI Australian Exclusive Mustangs for sale. Of course he's using a stock photo with the bush league excuse that he can't post a real photo because his cell phone batter is dead. Bull$hit!

Any money says he'll end all four auctions early with absolutely no consequences to him because he's listing them from the Ebay account he uses for purchasing items.

My guess is this has something to do with the other BBI Australian Mustangs listed earlier this week. Maybe this is some type of psychological warfare on the seller of the other Australian Mustangs in order to get his price down???

Whatever it is, beware!
Interesting - Both those auctions ended early with no sale!

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Thu Feb 02, 2012 3:27 pm

What's with the text in his listing? Multi-colors, languages, extraneous and generally useless information, 'fill out and return this form' for foreign bidders.....he might as well put up a sign 'Items not really for sale, listing for my amusement only'