Salvage yard....

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Snake Man
Sergeant
Sergeant

Salvage yard....

Post by Snake Man » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:28 am

This weekend, I became aware that there are broken, incomplete, and otherwise not saleable or displayable 1/18 items lying around that could be used by someone for parts. Perhaps stuff that "Little Johnny" destroyed, damaged in moving, etc. Probably tossed in the back of a closet or scrap box and forgotten.

In view of the fact that the major manufacturers are no longer producing anything, parts are scarce. Also custom builders may have leftover bits and pieces that would be useable by somebody, or maybe extra bombs, drop tanks or other things. Even a broken propeller has salvageable blades that could be used to repair others. Diorama builders could take advantage also.

I propose a "pinned" topic where members could post available items that may be useful to other members. Negotiations could be done by PM's so as not to clutter up the forum.

What say you, gentlemen ?

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Re: Salvage yard....

Post by granch » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:40 am

Yes, excellent idea! I'm still looking for many parts I've lost over the time!

mikeg
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by mikeg » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:52 am

how about the front and rear canopy sections off a yellow 7 21st 262- its been several years since a 2X4 I was using for display purposes fell over on it- It doesn't look to impressive reglued. A spare fuselage, maybe??

Snake Man
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Snake Man » Sun Oct 30, 2011 6:57 am

Snake Man wrote:This weekend, I became aware that there are broken, incomplete, and otherwise not saleable or displayable 1/18 items lying around that could be used by someone for parts. Perhaps stuff that "Little Johnny" destroyed, damaged in moving, etc. Probably tossed in the back of a closet or scrap box and forgotten.

In view of the fact that the major manufacturers are no longer producing anything, parts are scarce. Also custom builders may have leftover bits and pieces that would be useable by somebody, or maybe extra bombs, drop tanks or other things. Even a broken propeller has salvageable blades that could be used to repair others. Diorama builders could take advantage also.

I propose a "pinned" topic where members could post available items that may be useful to other members. Negotiations could be done by PM's so as not to clutter up the forum.

What say you, gentlemen ?
As a further suggestion, I think postings should be limited to "I have a...., and a..... type postings, or I need a ......., and replys should be by PM's rather than regular postings to prevent clutter. Not sure if that's a good idea or not, just seems like it would work best. Anyhow, if the idea is popular, the admins can pin it.

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:12 am

The idea sounds good to me .
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Oct 30, 2011 8:21 am

i'll start a sticky in the b/s/t forum
i never met an airplane i didn't like...