1/18 M1A1 ABRAMS ( BBI compare with Bravo team)

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
rohirrimknight
Sergeant
Sergeant

1/18 M1A1 ABRAMS ( BBI compare with Bravo team)

Post by rohirrimknight » Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:37 am

Hi, I am interesting to buy one soon but I need suggestion which of them is better in term of work quality, and realistic? Thanks in advance for all suggestion.

B17Fortress
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: 1/18 M1A1 ABRAMS ( BBI compare with Bravo team)

Post by B17Fortress » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:10 am

The BBI M1A1 is more realistic and a better quality, but the FOV version is more playable. Most online dealers offer the tanks at similar pricing, like Foxhole Toys.

rohirrimknight
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by rohirrimknight » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:02 am

granch
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by granch » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:14 am

Have both at home. I agree with B17. But the FOV also appears with the european camo... I would'nt have bought it if BBI had also released one.

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:38 pm

Both are excellent. While I'm not an armor expert, from what I've picked up on past discussions, the BBI M1 represents an earlier variant of the M1A1 from the 1980s and early 1990s. It is in Operation Desert Storm livery. The FOV Bravo Team M1A1 is a later version common in the late 1990s and 2000s. It is in Operation Iraqi Freedom livery. The two models, in a sense, compliment each other as they are variants of the M1 without being duplicates.

The BBI tooling and FOV tooling each have their positive and negative qualities. The BBI tank has more stowage and better detailed guns. The vision ports are also painted and it comes with a figure in box. The hatches are shallow & figures must "sit" in the hatches. The FOV tank has rubbery plastic .50cal gun and the turret bustle is often rubbery & bent. It has much better weathering and figures stand in the hatches. No figure is included, but carded ones are easily available. The rubbery gun can be replaced with the gun that comes with the carded Bravo Team tank commander figure & the bent bustle can be fixed as well. The Bravo Team tanks make great customizing bases & can be made into fantastic-looking tanks without much work using stowage, etc that comes with the Bravo Team figures.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:07 am

Just a quick update on the FOV M1A1 Abrams, they are starting to show up with a commander figure included. The package has a sticker on the window that says "bonus commander figure" or something to that nature. It's not a new figure, just one of the previously released carded figures included.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:05 am

Birddog wrote:Just a quick update on the FOV M1A1 Abrams, they are starting to show up with a commander figure included. The package has a sticker on the window that says "bonus commander figure" or something to that nature. It's not a new figure, just one of the previously released carded figures included.
That's cool. Nice for a little update to the tank rather than just releasing the same thing they've had on the shelves for the past few years. I never really pay close attention to the Bravo Team tanks other than just noting that they are there. I got one each of the desert and woodland versions back when they were first released, and along with my BBI Abrams, haven't needed any more :wink:

digger

Post by digger » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:31 am

This is what skilled hands can do to the bbi version. This is the work of old member Billgiff:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:31 am

Here is what Pickelhaube's friend Robbie did with the FOV Bravo Team M1 Abrams:

Its a work of art 8)