Jnewboy Customs ~ Announcement

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Jnewboy
Officer - Brigadier General

Jnewboy Customs ~ Announcement

Post by Jnewboy » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:28 am

Hello All,
For along time I have offered some of my previous 1/18 projects as build on demand customs through my online store. http://www.etsy.com/shop/Jnewboy This however has come to an end as I have become far too busy with existing projects and projects that are already "in the pipe" so I have removed all of the build on demand customs from my store. The remaining customs are only those that I still personally own. Everything that has already sold has now been removed. In addition I will be unable to remake any of the customs that I currently own so once they are gone...they are gone!

Thanks for all of your help and support!
~Jnewboy~

flyboy_fx

Re: Jnewboy Customs ~ Announcement

Post by flyboy_fx » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:04 pm

Got any tips for advertising/selling/ect...

I need to try to make a bit of money with the only thing I know how to do. :P There are some computer parts with my name on them. :lol:
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:11 pm

This is a good place to do it, there are no listing fees or overhead! After you do it for awhile you will develop a loyal following that will always be emailing you wanting stuff. You should be getting lots of bits on your signature ad, its a good deal, I would charge much more, $50 for a tank! unless you can do the sanding, priming, painting, detailing, weathering and decals (which are not free) in less than 6hrs you are better off working at Starbucks :lol: Dont under cut yourself, your work is much better than that.

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:38 pm

I honestly can. :P I do tanks in about 4 hours. My prices are not weathered though. Just basic repaints with shadowing, highlighting and fading. I already have stencils made for numbers and I just airbrush them.
I figure I work for about $10 an hour plus supplies and shipping... Most things I already know how long it takes me to do so I give a flat out price. I don't charge more then I would pay... :P
--Samuel Beckett

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:58 pm

You could submit some of your pics to model magazines. I still haven't done (lazy) any dio setups with the bunker you sent me but as soon as I do, I'll send some pics.
"Leave the Artillerymen alone...they are an obstinate lot" -Napoleon

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:29 pm

flyboy_fx wrote:I honestly can. :P I do tanks in about 4 hours. My prices are not weathered though. Just basic repaints with shadowing, highlighting and fading. I already have stencils made for numbers and I just airbrush them.
I figure I work for about $10 an hour plus supplies and shipping... Most things I already know how long it takes me to do so I give a flat out price. I don't charge more then I would pay... :P
Thats amazing! It takes time painting wheels, doing washes and all, you should be busy!

Now dont go all Skyworks on us and have undocumented workers doing all the work for you for 20 cents an hour :twisted: :lol:

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Fri Sep 30, 2011 10:32 pm

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yea, I usually can get a simple repaint finished fast. Now, on the other hand. My panther and sherman have taken up near 10-11 hours to finish. :shock:
--Samuel Beckett

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:12 pm

Since posting this announcement I have received many emails and questions asking if Im quitting or will I no longer be able to make them something they wanted. So let me be clear; I am not quitting, on the contrary I am now to busy to accept requests. I will honor all the promises I have made but I can take no more. I have many projects I must get to that have been promised to customers and it would be irresponsible to continue taking orders.... Im not Skyworks Toys :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted:
Sorry, I had to throw that in, I could not help myself.

In all reality and seriousness those of you who own my stuff can attest to the quality of my work, I don't cut corners to save time, I dont use camera tricks to sell my stuff, in fact it always looks better in person.