1/16 tanks

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tankduel
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: 1/16 tanks

Post by tankduel » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:13 pm

I have one which is currently still stripped down as in the pic for a repaint.
Have filled in the gaps on the turret front plate with plastic card and added zimmerit to match the tank's pattern. Of course you have the gearbox 'bulge' on the front and the turret mg mount is 'klunky'. I have 2 Tamiya Kt's but I like the difference of the Matorro, with it's zimmerit and track hangers. Also note the Matorro has included periscope lenses for the commanders cuppola whereas they are absent on the Tamiya.
Nev

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:20 am

Aferg,

I won't get it at the moment, would like to read up more on the KT or maybe look around local RC shops first. Might have relatives going HK in the near future so maybe see if they can hunt one for me, another possiblity.

Tankduel,

Nice pair of KTs 8) The gearbox bulge you mentioned, do you mean near the bottom of the hull? The Tamiya one is priced way beyond my means, like the FOV one too
"Be Water, My Friend..."

Good Trader: Tankace

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:00 am

gouchy, the new 1/16 Heng Long King Tiger doesn't have that bulge in the lower hull glacis and is at a much more attractive price than KT's before it. It does have a somewhat bad paint job but I'm sure you can change that at the price savings over the Tamiya and the Mattoro. :mrgreen:

~ Jeff

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:32 am

Thanks Panther-F,

So you'd recommend a HengLong over Matorro based on price and detail? I have to say I have zero skills and some elephants & toddlers are better painters then I am so thats one of the issues I will have to consider
"Be Water, My Friend..."

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:23 am

the only thing about the HengLong is that it is a Porsche turret KT, of which only about 50 were made before main production was switched to the standard henschel turret. So it represents a more obscure vehicle but otherwise, at the moment it is cheaper and looks to be a bit nicer, from what Panther F says.

search ebay for "1/16 kingtiger" and you'll see a bunch of them....don't separate the words 'king' and 'tiger' in the search.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:37 am

gouchy wrote:Thanks Panther-F,

So you'd recommend a HengLong over Matorro based on price and detail? I have to say I have zero skills and some elephants & toddlers are better painters then I am so thats one of the issues I will have to consider

Yeah sure, why not. Even if it does have the initial turret and not the production turret, at least the hull hasn't been compromised. And I think the production turret will be next in line for Heng Long ... at least that was what I was led to believe.

Good things are being said about it on RCU and pictures don't lie. No matter what angle they're takin' at. :mrgreen:

~ Jeff

Jnewboy
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Jnewboy » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:37 pm

Mine will arrive today, I will post pictures of it! I like the Porsche turret and I think its as cool to have as the other as it was used in combat in the east and west.

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:47 pm

It just so happens I have 1/16 king tiger on my saved search, thats how I noticed the Matorros being listed but never ever thought of searching under Kingtiger... doh!

My personal preference liking the Henschel turret over the Porsche/Krupp one, I use my Dragons 1/72 (I have both turret variants) for comparison.

Well if the timing, price, budget and stars align, will consider the HL one too :)
"Be Water, My Friend..."

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:03 pm

Mine came today, I am pretty happy with it. There are two large screw holes I will have to fairy over when I repaint. Turret ring seemed alittle large. I will have to replace the flash suppressor of course as I do not use them to shoot BB's at each-other. Paint is dark, and bold color, on all shades. Lots of detail parts!! here are some pics I snapped today.

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:21 pm

Nice pictures and thanks for taking the time!

I think I need to get one now! Not a bad looking starting platform for a project I have in mind. :P

~ Jeff

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:17 am

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-16-Matorro-R- ... 1e6740e28c

Jagdtigers are getting cheaper, I asked one online store (RC Dynasty) when they would have them in and they said "not until the quality issue was resolved" does anyone know what they are talking about??? What is being changed?

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:23 am

More pics of the king tiger with the Porsche turret

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:26 am

jagdtigers aren't really getting cheaper. It's been on with that price before. When it does, the other guy that's selling them drops his price to match. When the cheaper guy's are sold out, the other guy then raises his prices back up...lol.

I have no idea what the quality issues are. I thought this Jagdtiger was an Australian exclusive and the Heng Feng one is the one that will be in general release. No sign of Heng Feng's JT but this one seems to have popped up in Hong Kong. Maybe left overs the Australian vendor didn't want?

tankduel
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by tankduel » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:11 pm

Aferg, the Aussie dealer was selling Heng Feng Jagdtigers, I have one. Interesting though, the ebay auction shows a Matorro logo on it. This is different to the box with Heng Feng's logo they were showing on Alibaba, who don't seem to be there anymore.
Since Mato were responsible for the Matorro KT and Sturm, I have asked them if they can shed any light on the situation.

Quality issues? No idea, wanna buy mine? :twisted:
Nev

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:30 pm

These are on sale right now, contact info at the bottom

tankduel
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by tankduel » Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:33 pm

Had an answer about the Jagdtiger. Confirmed that Matorro is one of the brands under MATO and the Jagdtiger is not a Matorro product and the Matorro name/ logo use in connection with the Heng Feng product is inappropriate.
Nev

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:20 pm

My Hooben Elephant should arrive soon and I am struggling with what to do with it....

On one side I would love a Ferdinand, right out of Kursk as that is what the Elephant is most famous for.

On the other hand doing Zimm half way up the hull and doing it in an Anzio style camo would also look great and be easier than modding the kit to make a Ferdinand.

Does anyone know of any 1/16 Elephants that have been modded back to a Ferdinand? Any tips or dare I say.. a kit???

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:05 am

Just ordered my T55 Kit.

Note: what is the likely problem when the BB gun is not shooting the bb but the mechasim appears to be working? Mato Sherman

Dave

8416w
Corporal
Corporal

Post by 8416w » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:20 pm

Who makes the best static display Tiger 1? Let me know.

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:27 pm

1/16 hetzer..static..was emailed the link thinking it was a r/c-able kit.

www.bluestarmodel.com/index.html
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-16-GERMAN-HET ... 27bdc74005
good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:52 pm

is it 1/16 or 1/15? Link says one thing, ebay link says the other. Big difference.

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:57 pm

Can't wait to get another job, first one I'll but is the Leopard A2 and the Pickle horten.
"Leave the Artillerymen alone...they are an obstinate lot" -Napoleon

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:00 pm

aferguson wrote:is it 1/16 or 1/15? Link says one thing, ebay link says the other. Big difference.
I think it is 1/16 but that one pic of the box top on the site is unsettling, I use to think 1/15 and 1/16 were close but no, big difference like you said!

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Wed Nov 09, 2011 7:20 pm

So just out of curiosity, but are 1:16 KT's available for a good price anywhere right now? I've not really seen any, but I'm interested as maybe a self-bought XMas gift. :)
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:00 pm

Jesse James wrote:So just out of curiosity, but are 1:16 KT's available for a good price anywhere right now? I've not really seen any, but I'm interested as maybe a self-bought XMas gift. :)
Plenty of them on ebay and online sights. Guess it depends on what you consider a good price. $169 plus $35 shipping is the best price I have seen. Some of the custom painted ones are $300 for the exact same tank. Just me, but $130 for a paint job seems a little much and that doesn't include shipping.