Introducing "Checkers" the Tomcat

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
8416w
Corporal
Corporal

Introducing "Checkers" the Tomcat

Post by 8416w » Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:01 pm

Here is my latest TKO 211 custom beauty "Checkers". This is a copy of the last F-14 CAG bird for the Fighting Checkmates! Enjoy the photos.

Sabrefan
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Introducing "Checkers" the Tomcat

Post by Sabrefan » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:04 pm

Beautiful work, love to checkers on the rudders. :)
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

snake

Post by snake » Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:16 am

Another great looking Tomcat, done by TKO. 8)

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:28 pm

Nice job!

Yesterday I was at my brother's and we finally opened his F-14 (Spotcat). We were both very impressed. I brought up the new GI Skystriker to compare the two (photos forth coming) and have to hand it to JSI for making a really great plane. The packaging was great too. No problems with his bird.

For what seems like years I've read ("listened") to board members complain about the spots, and they really did not bother either of us at all. But then my 5-yr old nephew walks into the room (with the Skystriker ... he'll have his own decked out for Duke soon enough) and the very first thing he says, "Why does it have cheetah spots all over it?"

From the mouths of informed 5-yr olds, the paint job did not pass the test. Seconds later he also complained about the zebra stripes.

Now he has been to about a half dozen air shows, knows his planes, and is very familiar with our two collections of 1:18 birds ... his current favorite is my Marine Flieger. While I wouldn't take his comment on the spots as a negative sign, it does stand out.

As for my review (late), the plane looked AWESOME. It makes the F-104 and F-16 look toy like. It took the two of us about 15-minutes to work the cockpit off before repacking the bird.

Eventually we want to hang it in his garage, so any advice is welcomed (like types of hooks and test of wire to use).

Again, great repaint on a great bird. I also love how you take your shots on your deck. I can imagine you setting up, taking some photos and then having dinner out there enjoying the model. I look forward to seeing future repaints.

456THBG
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by 456THBG » Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:43 pm

Great job...Congratulations...Zach does it again!