F-16 pictures

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: F-16 pictures

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:15 pm

Beeavision wrote:Yeah, I don't really care about the packaging either but since this is a limited edition it matters. If I plan to sell it 10 to 15 years down the road the box will help ensure its value. Even at auctions having the original box in mint to good condition will sometimes fetch a higher price. Plus the jet inside was shifted on its side from the crushing sustained to the box. And the certificate was missing too. The packaging was re-taped presumably by UPS to avoid the contents from falling out.
That's just terrible. Did you order this from a retailer? If so, you may be able to do a return... UPS is notorious for having items arrive with crushed boxes. I once had an Admiral Toys ME-262 arrive in similar shape and it was shipped directly from the company. The plane itself really wasn't damaged, but the company was kind enough to take it back and send me a new one 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Beeavision
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Beeavision » Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:37 pm

Well its certainly not the end of world but it does strike a nerve just to look at it. I ordered it from The Flying Mule but like you said its definitely UPS that did this. I've already spoken to a few others who have ordered from the same retailer and so far everyone has confirmed that their packages had arrived in excellent condition. And that says it all. I did contact the retailer's site yesterday but haven't received word as of yet. I should've called instead. Though according to their return policy they require the customer to file a claim with the shipper if the product is damaged in any way shape or form. So I'll be giving UPS a call tomorrow to get this thing straighten out.

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:35 pm

Beeavision:
I ordered two from the Mule and one was sent early and came in fine shape. The second had the UPS brand all over it. The outer box had some damage but the inner box was slightly crushed and one of the inner boxes with parts had a fold in it. All the parts were OK, but as yours, it cannot be ever sold with a mint box. I called the Mule and they apologized, it wasn't their fault. I suppose the ony avenue is to go through UPS. Be prepared to give up the plane to them if they pay the claim. Hopefully another can be had somewhere for at least somewhat near the Mule's price. As far as contacting the Mule, they are only open Mon-Fri.
JOC

TRDNiteLife
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by TRDNiteLife » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:24 pm

Be aware that unless there was a declared value of the actual cost, UPS default coverage is only $100.00. Also from all my experience UPS claims are paid to the shipper.

Beeavision
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Beeavision » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:20 am

I filed a claim with UPS last week. They're picking up the package today for further inspection. They're aware of the total value of the item. And since I paid nothing in shipping I'm not worried there. The women on phone told me they would be in contact with the seller after they inspect the packaging. If everything goes as plan the shipper (Flying Mule) will contact me back in order to send a replacement. Hopeful this time UPS doesn't damage it again during shipping. Keeping my figures crossed.

By the way something else I didn't mention earlier was when the package arrived damaged. I noticed upon opening it up that someone had already pulled everything apart to make sure the item inside wasn't damaged itself. You could tell because they did a lousy job putting all of it back together prior to taping it up. I guess UPS had already inspected the contents of the package after it was damaged and figured after opening it up that everything looked okay enough to continue shipping it to me. If this was the case and I'm pretty sure it was then its possible they may dismiss it all over again only to return it back to me. After all if UPS were to cover all their damages simply by factoring in the condition of the packaging they would of probably gone bankrupt long ago.

Yoxford
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Yoxford » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:55 am

My box also had some corner damage, but the bird inside was ok...just dig this model! and BBI is right about the details...the Angle of Attack probes, the lower RF blade antennas, the air temp probe, the bored out Vulcan gun...BBI got it right.

The sign of a great model is that one’s eye is not drawn to any one feature, yet one can study it for hours and continually find something new.

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:08 am

YOXFORD:

I assume those are custom antennae on your F-16.
My F-16 doesn't have them, and they're not on Tmanthegreat's F-16 in the photos.

Yoxford
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Yoxford » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:16 am

Yes, I got doing some modifications this weekend...(still have to do the AOA mount plates) lots more work to do, but it is such a great model. I do hope BBI releases the F-18 again.

The sign of a great model is that one’s eye is not drawn to any one feature, yet one can study it for hours and continually find something new.

Beeavision
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Beeavision » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:20 am

Yeah, if the box had just some minor damages especially at the corners I would've ignored the issue all together but in this case it was entirely bashed in with a 6-7" partial hole in it that was tapped over to ensure nothing fell out. I'm really glad to hear everyone else though received their falcons in good condition.

Who knows maybe I can get State Farm to buy me another falcon. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7ZpWFTUz34

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:21 am

YOXFORD:

You scared the crap out of me for a second...until I realized they were your custom work.

Do you do 1/18 F-14 pilots, too? :lol: :lol: :lol:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:23 am

dragon53 wrote:YOXFORD:

I assume those are custom antennae on your F-16.
My F-16 doesn't have them, and they're not on Tmanthegreat's F-16 in the photos.
Yes, I just got to thinking I didn't recall seeing the probes & antennas in my box nor the points where they should attach to the model :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Beeavision
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Beeavision » Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:43 am

Well, I just got a call from Eric over at the Flying Mule in response to my e-mail I sent them earlier. Apparently he was going to file the claim with UPS on my behalf but I had already done it. According to him they have just sold out of the Falcons and are getting in another shipment which has also been sold out as well. Geezzz, they're selling fast. Anyhow he'll be ordering in some more later and expects the turn around/eta to be fairly quick. Once he gets them in and UPS has fulfilled the claim then he'll be able to send me a replacement. Despite everything that has happened so far I'm still glad I went with Flying Mule. From the conversation I had on the phone with them they certainly seem to be very customer oriented.

Yoxford
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Yoxford » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:39 pm

Wow Beeavision... just saw the pics you took of the box (would not download before) what a mess... hope the claim works out for you...the F-16 is such a great model and is well worth the wait...hang in there!

Beeavision
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Beeavision » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:07 pm

Thanks for your concerns though I'm sure everything will take of itself in a few days. Not worried here. Besides I need some time just to figure out were to put this thing once I get the replacement.

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:18 am

YOXFORD, would you consider making those F-16 parts for sale? I would love to have them for my F-16. :)
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

Yoxford
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Yoxford » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:35 am

PM sent :D

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:14 am

I just got my plane and the box was horribly abused. It looked like something heavy fell on it. It also had crumple damage to both ends. They not only crushed the box but they then attempted to compress it. When you see a box like this you have to picture kids on the line with baseball bats smashing the boxes as they go by. Regardless of this the plane inside was undamaged.

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:50 pm

Greetings:

Did not get one of these right away but did finally pick one up and it arrived today. I got mine through BadCat and got the 5% off and free shipping which I thought was a decent price. BadCat shipped it Fedex and it arrived in a perfectly good box and safe and sound. Great model overall and excellent paint. Looks terrific!

Some pros and cons of the model (some already mentioned).

PROS

-The box and packing is a step up from anything by 21st or BBI previously.

-Excellent quality, tight fit on all major parts.

-Good paint scheme. I love they did an Enduring Freedom bird.

-Engine detail is excellent.

CONS

-I do not like the snap it pitot tubes. Mine fit loosely, and I am almost certain at some point I will lose one of them.

-The front of the intake should be gray/inside be white. Though this has been mentioned.

-The fit is almost too tight on some of my parts, it took a lot of force to get them in properly.

Overall a great airplane and very pleased with the model. She looks great in my collection. Haven't had a standard F-16 for a long time and I forgot how great of a model this was.

Here is mine on display. Love it!

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower