Indiana Jones - Raiders "Lost Wave" figures up for sale.

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Indiana Jones - Raiders "Lost Wave" figures up for sale.

Post by MCalamari » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:27 am

Tambo wrote:I wonder what the percentage of people who really want/collect the Indy stuff have this set. all the SDCC exclusives have always been sold out quick sold on E-pay for much higher prices and then a year or two down the road many have gone down in value. I guess I'll just wait a year or two and get that set for 1/2 price. I really want 3 of those 6 figures.
A friend who introduced me to SDCC and its exclusives said the same thing. He said the only exclusive that he really saw retain its value was the "Frakn' Toaster" from BSG, and he even suggested it would likely have dropped now that BSG is long since history.

He told me I probably could pick up the Indy figures, Starscream, and a Zarana for only a slight retail mark-up in 3-4 months.

But I want an OmphaLompha NOW!!! ;)

On the subject of copy rights, I feel no shame in purchasing any of these items that might one day roll out of the Chinese property rights copy factories, because my other SDCC exclusives have long since been opened and their packaging thrown away (here I'm thinking Black-n-White Captain America, WWII Cap, Cobra Commander in Business Attire, all the SW Clones, etc.). While the packaging looks great, I totally appreciate JJ's suggestion that exclusives should focus more on the packaging and cater to Mint On Card collectors. Toys are meant to be played with <-- just ask Woody and Buzz.

-M

TankAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by TankAce » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:57 am

I wonder if next year Hasbro will release Hitler figure as a sdcc exclusive.He was on the movie for abut 5 second,so it qualify as a indiana jones movie character :lol:

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Tambo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:22 am

TankAce wrote:I wonder if next year Hasbro will release Hitler figure as a sdcc exclusive.He was on the movie for abut 5 second,so it qualify as a indiana jones movie character :lol:
They already have the head sculpt. Michael Sheard who played Admiral Ozzel also played Hitler in Last Crusade and the U-Boat Captain in Raiders of the Lost Ark. Hell they can also make Donovan from the General Veers head (Julian Glover)
Good trades: C00per, pcb122605, digger, vulgarvulture X2, General Blasto X2, Light.Inf.Scout, V2 Man, Sentinel, xddave, grunt1

[img]http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/230/230828/folders/190465/2439227TAMBOSIGsmall.JPG[/img]

Jesse James
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Jesse James » Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:15 am

The thing is, Hasbro's exclusives have NOT always sold out. This is kind of a first, actually. Last year's Sgt. Slaughter sold out and was a debacle for GIJ collectors, but not Star Wars stuff. Star Wars stuff usually lasted well beyond the show, and to the point it would go for sale. Stuff like the McQuarrie figures (either 3PO/R2 or Yoda/Ben, i forget which set was SDCC's) were available till they saw some clearance prices at the stores they were at...

This Indiana Jones set sold out and a lot of folks didn't get one by all accounts, even though they wanted it. A bigger stink seems to be swirling around the Death Star set and some of the GI Joe or Transformer exclusives that were even more limited. The IJ set was available for some of the day at least, and had a 2-per limit at the site. However, it still sold out around 4 or 3 EST.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:58 pm

why wouldn't they just make more IJ figures since they are clearly popular?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:17 pm

That's my ultimate hope for everyone to get a set at a reasonable price... It's not a guarantee though. Hasbro wasn't gung-ho to make the final Indy wave, actually. Pressure got them done. More limited pressure may not get anything now, since half the people got what they wanted.

The molds are done though, so it could definitely happen, but the costs of cranking out another run and possibly getting stuck with some of the stock then is probably weighing on them heavily.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:43 pm

well, they were not cheap to canada...i hate hasbro at this moment. >:(

I had a set in my cart and ready to pay until they charged me $35 shipping and $13 tax.

I wonder if any of the chinese sellers will get a hold of these figures. They often do, usually uncarded. That may be the way to get them now.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:53 pm

usually if the Chinese sellers are going to get them, they'd have them first. I was hoping to see the same thing, but when they didn't surface overseas early, I started getting a tad anxious that what was coming to SDCC wasn't going to be enough. :(

TankAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by TankAce » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:55 pm

The SDCC red skull,which was made with the same body of colonel Vogel was recently sold in ebay by the Chinese.The had over 200 of them and it was supposed to be a SDCC exclusive.For some reason it did not include the weapons,but the price was good.Also Indiana Jones temple of doom wave it is still available without the box and weapons.In my opinion the Chinese will have this assortment in a couple of years for sure but probably without the weapons.

normandy

Post by normandy » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:45 am

Was it the figure on the right?
http://i855.photobucket.com/albums/ab11 ... 0c4bef.jpg

.....thats what happened to all the Vogel figures......... :x

another pic... Image

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:11 am

the chinese figures like that never are carded and never have accessories. I guess those are added at another facility and all the seller has access to is the figure. I wouldn't be surprised to see them show up on ebay still.

normandy

Post by normandy » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:15 am

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:38 am

It is a fair price, and Marauders Inc. makes weapons the Red Skull could use. And this Red Skull figure is much cooler than the newer movie one.

normandy

Post by normandy » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:30 pm

The Toht figure from the "Lost Wave" looks cool....... http://insidepulse.com/wp-content/galle ... stoht2.jpg
I like the entire set, why does hasblo make it so damned difficult to get? :roll: I guess they don't need the money.......

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:50 pm

the lost wave figures are all over ebay now. Going for double or more the price on the Hasbro site. $27 for individual figures.

I imagine it will calm down in time, especially if hasbro produces another batch, which i suspect they will.

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:27 pm

I got my order in Tuesday but was driving long distance for a meeting. Thank goodness for IPhone, but if you thought ordering on a computer was bad with the the overwhelmed severs, it really sucked via cellular, I had to pull over and try for 45 minutes to get my order in............. I think I have a collecting problem :roll:

Lance Quazar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Lance Quazar » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:29 am

I made a Vogel custom out of the 2009 Red Skull body.

An easy custom, just changed Red Skull's gold uniform details to silver, painted Vogel's hat and painted over the green HYDRA armband.

(hopefully an historically accurate printed armband will be added soon.)

Yes, these Red Skulls were selling very recently on ebay for a VERY reasonable price. However, some exclusives do seem to hold steady in price.

The Black Suit cobra commander has basically sold at the current price since the get go.

I'm sure Indy prices will come down at least somewhat, but I don't expect them to get too much lower.

Chernobyl18
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Chernobyl18 » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:09 am

Well you can always find a buff shirtless German man.... At the gay bar. Joking. But for real.... I really want to get my kitten mittens on these.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:32 am

Unfortunately we may not have as many, if any, to give away on the site either. One of the suppliers decided to reneg on the deal once he saw what he could get on Ebay, and has since just said to "get your money back" on them.

Also Hasbro is cancelling some people's orders as well, through HTS, so if you ordered, keep an eye on it.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Aug 03, 2011 1:16 pm

this is turning into a bit of a debacle, on Hasbro's part. Why don't they just make more of them, since there is clearly a market for them?

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:11 pm

I haven't seen a cancellation for me yet but i did get a ship notice for the marvel universe sentinel figure but not for
The Indiana jones set, I hope I don't get a cancel notice :-(

Figure looks cool Lance!

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:55 pm

There's not been enough time between then and now to know Hasbro WON'T do more, but I would imagine answers to that will come before too long. Unfortunately the last Q&A was due during the show, so it'll be a little bit, but GI Joe asks again on the 8th and Star Wars not till the 18th or so. I imagine some questions will fly around at that point.

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:23 am

aferguson wrote:well, they were not cheap to canada...i hate hasbro at this moment. >:(

I had a set in my cart and ready to pay until they charged me $35 shipping and $13 tax.

I wonder if any of the chinese sellers will get a hold of these figures. They often do, usually uncarded. That may be the way to get them now.

i am hope so
whats up doc....

Rylau
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Rylau » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:44 pm

Good afternoon; Got home today to find a 3 foot long, 18 inch wide, 12 inch high carton from Fedex. I do a lot of stuff on eBay but couldn't remember buying anything that big. Looked at the label and it was from Hasbro. I was expecting the figures to be 6 guys on cards in a box. These figures are on the cards but the cards are locked in a real nice cardboard display box. I guess I'll leave them in there because this is too nice to ruin by taking removing them. Surprising and different but nice. Would be interested what you guys think when you get yours. Bob
Sgt. John Ray 12/8/67 Hill 172
99% of Americans try to avoid getting caught in traffic.
1% of Americans try to avoid getting caught in an ambush.
God Bless Our Troops.

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Sat Aug 06, 2011 6:34 am

Just received email from hasbro saying they shipped! Was starting to think my order might be cancelled. Looking forward to these!