"Biggest Mass Murderer in Histoy" Now in 1/6 Scale!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Jnewboy
Officer - Brigadier General

"Biggest Mass Murderer in Histoy" Now in 1/6 Scale!

Post by Jnewboy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:22 pm

Want a doll of the biggest Mass Murderer in History? Now you can!!

Monkey Depot - King's Toys Joseph Stalin Photo Review KT-8001
www.monkeydepot.com
Monkey Depot takes a look a new comer to the 1/6 scale military action figure game with King's Toys Joseph Stalin highly detail figure.

TankAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: "Biggest Mass Murderer in Histoy" Now in 1/6 Scale!

Post by TankAce » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:21 pm

For a moment I tough it was another Hitler action figure.LOL :lol:

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:29 am

Dammit man, thats an action figure not a doll! :lol:

That Navy Seal figure sure looks a lot like the Bruce Willis figure I have. I have to admit that I miss collecting the historical figures and movie characters in 1/6. The prices just got out of hand.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:11 am

1/6 figs are getting closer to real life all the time. I believe Stalin ranks up there with Mao to put Hitler to shame in the number of people killed. None of the three will ever be in my doll collection, no matter how realistic they look.

My favorite fig is the Damian Lewis/Capt Winters fig from DID. Not only is the head dead on for Damian Lewis (from the Band of Brothers series) but the box comes with three full uniforms (Class A, Battle of the Budge winter uni and a D-Day drop uni with parachute and all equipment). Add two naked guys and you've got three super DID figs for the price of one. :P

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:40 am

Threetoughtrucks wrote:1/6 figs are getting closer to real life all the time. I believe Stalin ranks up there with Mao to put Hitler to shame in the number of people killed. None of the three will ever be in my doll collection, no matter how realistic they look.

My favorite fig is the Damian Lewis/Capt Winters fig from DID. Not only is the head dead on for Damian Lewis (from the Band of Brothers series) but the box comes with three full uniforms (Class A, Battle of the Budge winter uni and a D-Day drop uni with parachute and all equipment). Add two naked guys and you've got three super DID figs for the price of one. :P

TTT

The post was a joke (an absurdity) I would not want to look at that SOB on my mantel either, or Hitler, or Himmler but maybe Bruce Willis although I thought tears of the sun was annoying

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:26 pm

I would not imagine you were posting the Stalin Dolly because you are a fan.

I assumed you posted it as a matter of interest to 1/6rs, as it is. Very poor taste as far as I am concerned to produce the Stalin dolly except for the very limited number of 1/6rs who would be interested. Like the very limited edition Hitler dolly made by a guy in New York that was around a few years ago and sold out quickly to some strange guys. 8)

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:03 pm

I like the Third Reich on the historical theater and in terms of Military History but dolls like this do nothing for me. Although I enjoy studying WWII, like all wars I wish it had never happened. I understand collecting 1/6 figures, some are very cool and well detailed but I dont get political figures like Hitler, Stalin or Himmler. Do they make a Churchill? or a Patton? One I saw once that I thought was cool was Admiral Dönitz and I liked the U-boat Captain and many others.

Aslav
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Aslav » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:25 pm

Next release in the King Toys lineup : Cambodia's "Pol Pot" and
wait for the very exclusive "Idi Amin" :shock:
Action figures of the regular soldiers in conflicts are
fine for my collection, but this sort of thing is a bit
close to glorifying the subject matter.
Hitler, Himmler, Stalin etc. will never be in my collection.
B/S/T Contacts : exether_mega, Fritzkrieg, granch (x3), Grilledcheese, trigger1 (x2), USCGMK2.

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:40 pm

Aslav wrote:Next release in the King Toys lineup : Cambodia's "Pol Pot" and
wait for the very exclusive "Idi Amin" :shock:
Action figures of the regular soldiers in conflicts are
fine for my collection, but this sort of thing is a bit
close to glorifying the subject matter.
Hitler, Himmler, Stalin etc. will never be in my collection.
I agree!

norman888
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by norman888 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:39 pm

Don't you guys see the irony about collecting military items on one hand and knocking others who "glorify" certain subject matter?? So having an SS figure, T-34 tank, or avatar of a German WW2 jet with swastikas is any different and OK? Oh that's right, they were just following orders :roll:

Tanker85
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Tanker85 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:17 pm

It seems to me an Audie Murphy figure might be very collectible, both in his dress uniform and his combat uniform.

Respectfully

Eric

Aslav
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Aslav » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:38 pm

Tanker85 wrote:It seems to me an Audie Murphy figure might be very collectible, both in his dress uniform and his combat uniform.

Respectfully

Eric
I'm sure there is one in the GiJoe/Hasbro line. It did very well and is still a
sought after collectible if my memory is correct.
B/S/T Contacts : exether_mega, Fritzkrieg, granch (x3), Grilledcheese, trigger1 (x2), USCGMK2.

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:26 pm

norman888 wrote:Don't you guys see the irony about collecting military items on one hand and knocking others who "glorify" certain subject matter?? So having an SS figure, T-34 tank, or avatar of a German WW2 jet with swastikas is any different and OK? Oh that's right, they were just following orders :roll:
The difference is huge. I enjoy planes and armor from a historical and mechanical perspective. To experience the past is to put a better perspective on the present and future. I do not think of a Tiger tank as being a "Nazi tank" or a T-34 being a "Communist tank" I simply see products of two different cultures that had to meet each other on a battlefield of which the outcome decided the fate of nations. When you compare that to a doll of a man who ordered the deaths of millions of his own people the comparison is ridiculous. I do not put swastikas on planes to promote the holocaust but to make them historically accurate, BUT collecting a doll of someone who ordered the holocaust for example can only be done to glorify that person and by that you are glorifying their actions.

gburch
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gburch » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:23 am

Jnewboy wrote:
norman888 wrote:Don't you guys see the irony about collecting military items on one hand and knocking others who "glorify" certain subject matter?? So having an SS figure, T-34 tank, or avatar of a German WW2 jet with swastikas is any different and OK? Oh that's right, they were just following orders :roll:
The difference is huge. I enjoy planes and armor from a historical and mechanical perspective. To experience the past is to put a better perspective on the present and future. I do not think of a Tiger tank as being a "Nazi tank" or a T-34 being a "Communist tank" I simply see products of two different cultures that had to meet each other on a battlefield of which the outcome decided the fate of nations. When you compare that to a doll of a man who ordered the deaths of millions of his own people the comparison is ridiculous. I do not put swastikas on planes to promote the holocaust but to make them historically accurate, BUT collecting a doll of someone who ordered the holocaust for example can only be done to glorify that person and by that you are glorifying their actions.
Arguments can be made in a number of directions on these questions. For instance, the European laws against any display or sale of a swastika seem like political correctness gone mad to a lot of Americans, but then, we didn't have Nazis overrun our country and nearly destroy our civilization. Like a lot of folks who share our interest in military modeling, I've got an extensive library of books about WWII history that includes quite a number of detailed political histories of the rise and operation of the Nazi party. Some of these books have lots of pictures, including ones that were originally taken to "glorify" the Nazi leaders. Likewise with histories of Russian and Chinese communism.

I can't deny that I have a kind of gruesome fascination with these people. Sometimes I'll find myself surfing youtube videos of Nazi and communist propaganda films for hours, trying to peer into the images and really understand the mentality of the leaders and followers that brought about the mass butchery of the 20th century. Am I glorifying them? Hardly. You couldn't find someone whose political philosophy was farther from both the Nazis and the communists.

I don't like traffic accidents, either. And I curse at the people ahead of me on the freeway who are clogging up traffic to rubberneck. But then, when I get to the head of the line ... I look.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:56 am

21stC did make a 1/6 Patton figure. Unloaded all my 1/6 figures and vehicles last season including him, Audie Murphy, George Washington, Eisenhower and others. I remember having trouble listing my GI Joe Japanese Kamikaze Pilot, and had to change the wording in the title, because of some sort of restriction on the word Kamikaze listed for international bidders.

I have reservations about owning the 1:18 set of SS officers I bought at Monkey Madness for $9, where I bought it on impulse. Though I guess it's really the box they come in with the SS label that has a glorification as the figures themselves can be customized I suppose. Though the Indy German General is in a white Nazi Fieldmarshall uniform too.

I sold a 1:6 Gi Joe German Tank Commander that was in an all black uniform, so something along those lines maybe.
Did other German soldiers besides the SS wear black also?

Anyways no use for a Stalin figure.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

norman888
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by norman888 » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:24 am

collecting a doll of someone who ordered the holocaust for example can only be done to glorify that person and by that you are glorifying their actions
Sorry, but I entirely disagree..you are comparing apples to apples. I don't know of anyone who collects militaria, models, wargames, military books, etc. in order to glorify any side, but to enjoy history and the machinery of war. A doll is just a figure and not some type of idol or shrine...same goes for a tiger tank or Me-262. I see that most (if not all) of your subjects have been german WW2 era, so what are we to insinuate about that?

Nothing------exactly :D

Think about this before you knock someone else who enjoys military history and try to judge them.

I am probably a bit sensitive about this issue, being into everything military all my life and hearing negative comments from those who do not understand a fascination with the people and machines of war. I am sure many on this board have gone through the same attitudes of some folk.

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:14 pm

norman888 wrote:
collecting a doll of someone who ordered the holocaust for example can only be done to glorify that person and by that you are glorifying their actions
Sorry, but I entirely disagree..you are comparing apples to apples. I don't know of anyone who collects militaria, models, wargames, military books, etc. in order to glorify any side, but to enjoy history and the machinery of war. A doll is just a figure and not some type of idol or shrine...same goes for a tiger tank or Me-262. I see that most (if not all) of your subjects have been german WW2 era, so what are we to insinuate about that?

Nothing------exactly :D

Think about this before you knock someone else who enjoys military history and try to judge them.

I am probably a bit sensitive about this issue, being into everything military all my life and hearing negative comments from those who do not understand a fascination with the people and machines of war. I am sure many on this board have gone through the same attitudes of some folk.
Of course, Im sure most have but I think there is still a big deference between a Tank and a doll of Hitler. I think its kinda sick.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:08 pm

i don't think there's any difference between a tank, a doll of Hitler, or a model of a concentration camp for that matter. It's all part of what was...history. And ignoring one part of it, while studying in detail other aspects, doesn't change the fact that it existed.

While a Hitler figure or 1/18 concentration camp may not appeal to as many people, as a cool Tiger tank, that doen't make it any less of an object of interest and for someone who collects one aspect of military history to cast dispersions on someone who is interested in another is somewhat hypocritical, in my view.

Hitler was a villain, a concentration camp was a place of horror and many people are fascinated by such things (hence the popularity of Freddy Kruger, Michael Myers, Saw, Hostile and an untold number of other horror films, which i perrsonally consider to be kinda sick, to be honest...and before anyone says 'ah yes but those are just make believe', we all know that events similar to that have and do occur in the real world).

The only exception to what i have said above is if someone collects these types of items to idolize them. But that applies equally to both uncle Adolf and tiger tanks.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:57 pm

You make an excellent points Andrew, its not the doll its the thought behind the eye of the beholder.

normandy

Post by normandy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:51 pm

Jnewboy wrote:You make an excellent points Andrew, its not the doll its the thought behind the eye of the beholder.

I think thats it. To collect something for its historical representation is one thing but to venerate or glorify in this case, Hitler or Stalin is wrong.
I understand and respect those who would not have them in their collections for any reason.
I did a 1:18 custom Hitler figure, not 'cause I like him but it worked in the diorama I was working on.

snake

Post by snake » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:26 pm

That Stalin "Action figure" looks very well done.

These 1/6 figures are getting better and better all the time. But they are pricey.

I saw the Donitz, and Lt Winters figure before, and was very impressed. And the modern SEAL, Special Forces figures look to set a new standard, at least to me.

I think one of these 1/6 figures would look great beside a model of the same subject matter. Luftwaffe pilot beside a Luftwaffe aircraft, German tanker beside a Tiger/ Panther etc.

When you get into the political leaders it is a bit different though. I think most people would find a Hitler figure distasteful. Same goes for Himmler, Stalin etc. Particularly if it was displayed by itself.

I wouldn't buy one, but am glad that they are available to those who wish to have one. Hopefully, they are not the centerpiece of the collection.

Aslav
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Aslav » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:55 pm

snake wrote: I wouldn't buy one, but am glad that they are available to those who wish to have one. Hopefully, they are not the centerpiece of the collection.
Well said, my sentiments exactly!.

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:54 pm

Aslav wrote:
snake wrote: I wouldn't buy one, but am glad that they are available to those who wish to have one. Hopefully, they are not the centerpiece of the collection.
Well said, my sentiments exactly!.
Exactly, but if you did have a Hitler and a Stalin it would be tempting to pose them in a knife fight together :lol:

Aslav
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Aslav » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:22 pm

Or bang away with a BB gun :lol:

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:13 pm

Aslav wrote:Or bang away with a BB gun :lol:
Or a modern cage match diorama would be intresting :lol:

Stalin in TapOut shorts on :lol: