New 1/18 Fw-190D

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
thehun
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: New 1/18 Fw-190D

Post by thehun » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:22 am

I’ll say a little on this subject, I try to reframe from selling my customs on forms period, as a matter of fact 90% of my customs are never seen on forms at all, On rare occasions when I do post a custom I always put it in the customs area because that what it is....a custom.....but it’s each to his on about this, and I guess if I were selling a custom I would put it in the BST area, I have never given this subject much thought, but with all the underhandness that goes on in there I try to stay out of it , I never post links to e-bay on anything simply because .....I don’t have to......, but then again each to his on about this also, when I post a custom on any form im looking for input, ...good or bad..... but im hoping that some one will or might see something I missed and offer their opinion, nothing more ...nothing less,
Jon (jnewboy) and pickel are great builders and customizers and I don’t blame them for putting their items anywhere and everywhere, Times are hard right now for some people so I guess you gotta do what ever you can to promote sales,
As far as form rules......I don’t really know.....but it kinda seems that some rules apply to some people and don’t to others, this I have never understood, but then again I’m a nobody and it’s their form and I guess they can do it like they want.
( I guess it a giant shit Sandwich .....and we all gotta take a bite)
TheHun

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:39 am

well, rules exist for a purpose. If the original purpose no longer exists, it doesn't make a lot of sense to keep enforcing the rules.

The original purpose of the no customs/no ebay links was simply to avoid clutter on the main board...which as stated above isn't really a big problem these days.

When jnew slid in his first custom (the Stummel), on the main board, as i said i was ticked. But then i saw that it received a lot of positive attention from several members, so that made me realize that it was somthing, related to our hobby, that people were interested in. So that is why i let it slide, rather than axing it.

This place is about people's enjoyment. And since there were people enjoying, it made sense to leave it.

Now that other's have voiced their concerns, i proposed the compromise solution which should keep both sides of the argument content. Nobody is getting exactly what they want, but that is the nature of compromise.

For those who are interested, they can look in Jnew's thread, or whoever else starts a thread and see what latest offerings they have. For those who aren't interested, it is just one thread you skip over when perusing the board.

So, let's give it a try and see how it goes. If it gets out of hand, or unanticipated problems develop then it can be changed again.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Jnewboy
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Jnewboy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:10 am

Wait a second, I didnt even post anything here on the Stummel.
Black Dragon One did and heres the link:
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24507
He posted it because like lots of other members and non-members who browse this forum he doesn't look at the customs page.

I thought that why should others be able to post my stuff and talk about it but I could not? My main point was that people had always put my stuff on the main board when I was not a member and 1/18 was more popular and there was no mention of "rules" so why are "rules" coming into play now?

I agree with Andrews assessment and I hope those of you that dont can let it go.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:44 pm

right, right, i remember that now. Sorry. That was what started you posting your stuff on the main board and it was because of the stummel thread i let it slide.

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:26 pm

I am happy with your solution and will stick to this rule, it will be all on one thread.

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:57 pm

So... does anyone want to actually talk about the plane? or ehhh...... :lol:

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:01 pm

Yea, it's like my panzer IV. TOO expensive and only truly appreciated by the builder who invested so much time. :lol:
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Tue Jun 21, 2011 8:19 pm

I think you nailed it brother! If it sells on Ebay they will take over $50 for it selling and the FW's are not cheap so the price is what it is and I am happy looking at it in my study, It looks great hanging up! I really liked your tank, Im not a huge DAK fan but when its done right like yours was its awesome looking!

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:01 pm

Funny, I just realized I have not even been a member long enough yet to post in the BST forum!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:15 am

new members can post ebay links to their items in the b/s/t forum. They just can't do direct deals until 6 months.

I'm surprised you haven't been here 6 months yet. It seems, much, much longer than that.

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:37 pm

There is a big difference in the number and frequency of viewers of the main 1:18 forum to the BST or custom forums. I believe it has more to do with the low level of posting more than it does a lack of interest in customs or smaller manufacturers.

My projects would seem to fit into the gray space as well. ie: Some items like the jeep trailer, higgins boat or the kettenkrad that may end up being a one-off customs or prototypes. Other items make it into short run production (5-30 units) like the pack howitzer, nebelwerfer, lafettes and end up for sale which would resemble short run manufacturing. As a poster in those cases, my tendency has been to show the item in the main or custom forum as it is under development to get some feedback and gauge interest. If the item goes into "production", I post something in the BST with pricing, etc. I don't know if the projects themselves are seen as custom garbage or the "good stuff", I know I like them. :-) Anyway, this sounds like a good compromise for the reasons stated.

My .02
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:59 pm

grunt1 wrote:There is a big difference in the number and frequency of viewers of the main 1:18 forum to the BST or custom forums. I believe it has more to do with the low level of posting more than it does a lack of interest in customs or smaller manufacturers.

My projects would seem to fit into the gray space as well. ie: Some items like the jeep trailer, higgins boat or the kettenkrad that may end up being a one-off customs or prototypes. Other items make it into short run production (5-30 units) like the pack howitzer, nebelwerfer, lafettes and end up for sale which would resemble short run manufacturing. As a poster in those cases, my tendency has been to show the item in the main or custom forum as it is under development to get some feedback and gauge interest. If the item goes into "production", I post something in the BST with pricing, etc. I don't know if the projects themselves are seen as custom garbage or the "good stuff", I know I like them. :-) Anyway, this sounds like a good compromise for the reasons stated.

My .02
yea like Andrew said if there were several large companies that were all putting out new products this forum would be very busy with that alone but there is not really any except BBi so cottage industries are really helping keep the scale alive right now in my opinion.

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:50 am

Seems to me we have very few " customizers ", one actually designs kits from the ground up, others make one off parts for their own projects, others make parts to compliment other work and others build from the basics to give some amazing models.

I have bought either parts or kits and all the way to already done customs, everyone I have dealt with has been upfront, came through with what was promised and I can say treated myself very well.

This seems to be a non issue as far as I see it, there or no Vendors here offering service, just a few guys doing their thing and giving us a chance to maybe get a part or kit from them.

I have dealt with four different indivuals and every transaction was a pleasure, I would hate to see any of the group leave the forum, I kinda thought that was what this was about in a way.

Jnewboy

Post by Jnewboy » Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:17 pm

It did not sell on eBay but no skin off my nose, Its on my etsy shop for $400
Same profit for me, if it had sold on ebay they would have taken over $50 of it

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Jnewboy