1/18 21st century Japanese figure troubles

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
lancelot
Corporal
Corporal

1/18 21st century Japanese figure troubles

Post by lancelot » Sun May 29, 2011 10:41 pm

I've tried hot water, I've tried the freezer, I've tried the blow dryer, nothing works so far. I suspect that the sockets are too small for the over-sized pegs the factory workers jammed in there and now the friction is so great that they can't be moved or removed. How screwed am I?

TankAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: 1/18 21st century Japanese figure troubles

Post by TankAce » Mon May 30, 2011 12:10 am

I purchase many of those sets and most of the figures have the same stiky joint problem.What i do is pull (carefully and slowly)the part in the exact opposite direction that it was assemble at the factory. then push back in.And try moving the joint.If it is still stiky,then repeat the same thing but pull a little more each time you try.I do this to all my new figures.Specially the ones with the swivel joints(wave one ultimate soldiers) and it always work.I called it "stretching the new joints" I don't use hot water,but rarely there is a stubborn figure that i have to use the hot water to stretch the joint at the same time.

lancelot
Corporal
Corporal

Post by lancelot » Mon May 30, 2011 1:43 pm

thanks for the advice man, it took a few minutes but it worked really well.

Jesse James
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Jesse James » Mon May 30, 2011 3:44 pm

Heat with warm water, pull apart, put back together. That usually fixes everything, but the way sometimes the "wash" on the figures is a bit tacky means that joints will stiffen up again. It happens on lots of figures from various lines.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!