All Go updates its website...no surprises...

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

All Go updates its website...no surprises...

Post by c44 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:41 am

The only news is the not recent news here about the 1/32 P-51 release...but seeing vital signs at the site is encouraging...keep it comin, guys...!
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

usmcchet9296
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: All Go updates its website...no surprises...

Post by usmcchet9296 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:20 pm

Well its about time. But hey like you said its a start.
USMC CHET
John P. Hermesmeyer
92-96 5th Marines 0311
Semper Fi

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:43 pm

a thready pulse at least..
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

normandy
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by normandy » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:05 pm

Well thats a hopeful sign. http://www.allgotoys.com/
I still think we may see the elusive King Tiger and that Jagdpanther.............. :)

:shock: What's that ......Copyright 2003-2011 The Flying Mule, Inc. ......all about? Are they going to sell the P-51?

Found this....... http://www.flyingmule.com/products/TC-13315-S6
Last edited by normandy on Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:25 pm

Been in communication with them these past few weeks. Things are in the works and hopefully we will soon see some true signs of life. 1:32 is the start but I would think 1:18 could be close behind. Hopefully everyone (including me) will know more in the months to come!

nooker21
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by nooker21 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:37 am

It would be even more professional if they correct the typo for "dispaly." I wonder if the "complete with placards" means we might get more detail than the original release...

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:41 am

nooker21 wrote:It would be even more professional if they correct the typo for "dispaly."

There are so many typos on that site its not even funny. Its really sad considering most web-design progs have a spell-check built in.

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:27 pm

I don't do 1:32 but this is promising news from All Go.

I don't understand why they don't do some quick unaltered reissues to generate some quick income. Just use the same molds and the same paintjobs with updated packaging designs. If they reissued the right items they should sell well if the prices are reasonable (not expecting WM prices but reasonable prices). There were items that sold like crazy in all the scales that they were producing. Some of those items should still sell well at even double the old prices.

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:05 pm

Greetings:

While the 1/32 releases are promising as reissues it is once again some of the same old stuff. If they are going to release some of the old stuff as reissues, they really must do the following to be successful, new paint schemes and fix any issues the original issue piece had. I remember the 1/32 FW-190's were a mess in terms of QC (at least the ones I saw). For this company to be taken seriously they need to put out some nice pieces and good builds and show people they are in the game.

As far as 1/18 goes and All Go in general, I see two major concerns. With the economic shift and the size of the 1/18 pieces one has to wonder how many people will be in the market for this stuff at this point in time. It seems a lot of people have left the hobby as evident by the large numbers of pieces on Ebay in recent months. The time period between new releases has been signifcant, and while new collectors may come into play and old collectors may be drawn back, one has to wonder if All-Go really has the market anymore for such large pieces. I think 1/32 could be excellent....1/18...I'm not so sure.

The second major concern has to be the price points. BBI has issued a new F-16 and people are already crying a river about the prices. The problem is, given good 1/32 assembled pieces are in the $130-$150 range (Corgi & Hobby Master) and some of the 1/48 Franklin Mint planes were also in the $120 range (B-17, B-24, PBY), the price of the F-16 in such a large size is basically a steal. In fact most of the 1/18 planes were a steal at some of the prices we got them at. The problem is, size wise, they are worth more money, and All-Go knows it. I expect new releases to carry a much heavier price tag than the original 21st pieces did. I think the $150-$180 range for the 1/18 F-16 is about fair market value and I'd expect the single engine WWII fighters to be in the $70-$90 range, depending on their size. If All Go does indeed charge this much for their planes, which I actually feel would be justified, I don't know how much the original 1/18 collector base would support them.

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

snake

Post by snake » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:38 pm

Agree with what Corey has said in regards to any upcoming 1/18 models.

If collectors want these, then they are going to have to dig a bit deeper into their pockets. And given the size of these, I think that this is only fair market value.

And good to see at least some activity from AllGo. I really do hope that they actually produce something at some stage.

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:07 pm

Greetings:

In regards to the comment about just producing the old molds, isn't it true some of the older molds were destoryed in a warehouse accident or fire, something along those lines. I remember it being discussed at one time that 21st had lost both the molds to the P-47 and the Spitfire.

If this was and is the case, this is a major issue for All-Go if they are going to reissue planes. The Spitfire is probably the one plane that a lot of collectors would want and seems to command high interest and dollar on Ebay. The P-47 also commands good money and with some reworking could have been a much better piece. If these molds are indeed lost, I feel this is a setback because these two particular models would be ones the collector base would buy, in my opinion.

Another interesting factor is where does JSI fit into all of this now. Apparently All-Go has gotten their molds back, but JSI has produced the P-38, Corsair and Stuka and was in the process of going through the motions to release an F-104 and P-40 repaint. I think there was also talk of a Huey. I would assume for production purposes even if All-Go got their molds back, JSI made copies of these molds. So could we possibly see JSI and All-Go release the same airplane? This is a question that must be considered as well and JSI could be a thorne in the side of All-Go if they have copies of those molds and could release a piece All-Go was planning just to play dirty. I can only see the mass confusion, panic and maybe even meltdown of the collector base if two of the same plane were released by different companies at the same time.

This will be interesting to see how this plays out. A smart move for All-Go might be to see how BBI does with their F-16 to gauge if the market can support 1/18 products again on a large scale. If they can release 1/32 in a lower price range than Hobby Master and Corgi, they have lots of potiental there.

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:26 am

kduck wrote:I don't do 1:32 but this is promising news from All Go.

I don't understand why they don't do some quick unaltered reissues to generate some quick income. Just use the same molds and the same paintjobs with updated packaging designs. If they reissued the right items they should sell well if the prices are reasonable (not expecting WM prices but reasonable prices). There were items that sold like crazy in all the scales that they were producing. Some of those items should still sell well at even double the old prices.
If Allgo has any of the 1:18 helicopters, that is a sure moneymaker to re-issue. Don't know what's going on with JSI and their apparent possession of the UH-1 Huey, but I'm hoping Allgo has that AH-1 Huey Cobra. I stiil don't have one, and can't afford the $300 price tag they are getting on the secondary market.

If they still have the new 1:32 mold of the P-51D (we only got three of them) and providing they still have the paint systems set up for past models, is re-issue some Mustangs in the old schemes like "Big Beautiful Doll", "Flying Undertaker" " Ridge Runner" etc., but in the new mold without the battleship rivets. There's some possible quick cash. Even the crappy old obsolete ones command higher prices.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec