Algo Enterprises

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Jesse James
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Algo Enterprises

Post by Jesse James » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:40 pm

My slack let out a while ago. ;) They need to deliver stuff, for sale, and actually prove they can sell it even... At this point, I question everything.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Roach
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by Roach » Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:19 pm

I agree before getting too excited will they be able to deliver a real item. JSI is really the only company in 1/18 that actually is producing some products. Forgive me if I am skeptical, but too many failed promises. 21st during their last few years, Admiral and now Algo or All Go. The two 1/32 releases have both recently sold on Ebay for well over a $150. This probably had a lot to do with their initial promised offering. I am not sure this company can produce anything without a ton of preorders to get the process going.

I do not think the price is out of line. This is probably what we should have been paying for models of this quality for years.

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:32 pm

Just got back into town from a week long business trip! Sorry to jump in so late. I'm sure Allgo / algo will have some 1:18 plans in the future. 1:32 makes a lot of sense as a re-entry point on several levels so I'm going to give it some breathing room. Price is exactly what I would expect based on today's numbers and minus a retail leverage point. I'm hoping to arrange a conf. Call this week to sort out what is what and figure out how close / far this really is. My understanding is that Algo has indeed resecured some if not all molds.

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:52 pm

Tell us about the King tiger and the B25 NOW! lol
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:55 pm

well looks like there is till some warmth in the corpse yet.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Barbarian333
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Barbarian333 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:45 pm

ALGO, ALL-GO ? Whats up with the name change? are these really the same company? Am i missing something?

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:33 pm

Barbarian333 wrote:ALGO, ALL-GO ? Whats up with the name change? are these really the same company? Am i missing something?
A misspelling. I don't think there's a guy named Al that owns the place. :wink:
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

snake

Post by snake » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:58 pm

[CAT]CplSlade wrote:
Airacobra wrote::shock:

$40 for a 1/32nd scale plane? Wow, I know times have changed but that is over twice what they used to charge.
You only got that price because of Walmart. Most every other dealer selling those planes was sitting around $30 at least. A plastic kit of any of those planes sells for more than $20, PLUS you have to do all the work. We simply weren't paying realistic prices for any of 21C's 1/32 offerings.

Besides, we know what Walmart pricing helped do to 21C.

Excellent response, CplSlade. :D

And I think that $40 is still a reasonable price for a decent 1/32 pre made model. We all want the best price for a model, but I think that we would want the company to make some profit on these, so that they would do other releases. :wink:

If I didn't have these two releases already, I would definitely be getting both of them.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:38 am

While I don't plan on getting either the P-51 or FW-190 as I have both these repaints in my collection already, I'm quite glad to know that I now have an affordable back-up source again should something happen to the plane in my collection. (One never knows when something catastrophic might happen...) It will be better to go to badcat or smalljoes and get a $40 replacement plane than spend $80 for something on ebay.

I'm not at all disappointed with the price increase of the 1:32 aircraft and find it still reasonable for what is being offered. Several years ago, 21c could keep their prices down because they had the Wal Mart and TRU contracts in addition to what they sold to the small retailers. AllGo (or All-Go or whatever) is now catering exclusively to the small retailer and collector market, which will drive costs up. This is exactly what BBI has always done with their 1:32 scale aircraft and many of their 1:18 releases, which was why those always cost so much compared to their contemporary 21c items.

This is actually a good strategy. While it will mean smaller numbers and higher prices, should AllGo play their cards right - and maintain the all-important element of QUALITY CONTROL - they could ensure the survivability of their company and our hobby for the long haul 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:03 pm

I would have to agree, 40.00 is really not out of line and most vendors usually sell alittle below retail. I won't get my hopes up till these actually hit the stores, too many pre-sales never came through.

tko211

Post by tko211 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 1:42 pm

Algo Enterprises was a holding company name that was established about 2 years ago now in the wake of 21c. All-go toys was to become the toy venture for scale military going forward. So very similar and a little confusing but really I think the idea was that All-go toys was what it would be pubically known as... Things may change... Not 100% sure.

madzilla
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by madzilla » Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:16 pm

Hello tko211. I am a fan of your work, great job on the JSI low-vis repaint you did for vmf115. I own one of these, and would be very interested in having you doing the same for me. thanks and please let me know what you think.

usmcchet9296
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by usmcchet9296 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:04 am

TKO please relay to All-Go that it would be wise for them to update there website. I hate to ask you but it doesnt give people like me much hope they are legit when they are still listing the Passon Wagon for sale on thier site. Also they not Sky-Works should be keeping us up-to-date about the A-10 unless its no longer thier baby. I know I can come down hard on All-Go at times, I dont want to see them fail, but they really could do more consider all there starts and false starts to relieve our apprihension.
USMC CHET
John P. Hermesmeyer
92-96 5th Marines 0311
Semper Fi

norman888
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by norman888 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:11 am

I'll believe it when I see it...fool me once......

dcway
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by dcway » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:01 am

usmcchet9296 wrote:TKO please relay to All-Go that it would be wise for them to update there website. I hate to ask you but it doesnt give people like me much hope they are legit when they are still listing the Passon Wagon for sale on thier site. Also they not Sky-Works should be keeping us up-to-date about the A-10 unless its no longer thier baby. I know I can come down hard on All-Go at times, I dont want to see them fail, but they really could do more consider all there starts and false starts to relieve our apprihension.
You said it right USMCCHET !!!!!!!!!! No more of running us around !!!! :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel:
:blueangel: