so is BBI really also JSI too?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
sdcc73
Sergeant
Sergeant

so is BBI really also JSI too?

Post by sdcc73 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:06 am

I'm still confused. I often see off topic comments that JSI is really BBI. Seeing 2 new jets, F-16 and F-14, coming out again this year and being announced that both are coming out soon simultaneously - all the more makes me think the 2 companies are really one. Does anyone know what’s going on here? Why not just sell under 1 name. Why the 2 names?

NightVyper
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: so is BBI really also JSI too?

Post by NightVyper » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:25 am

As far as i know of they are not. BBi is there own thing and I believe JSI was the factory that produced the 21st C stuff. When 21st went tits up JSI took over the molds and started selling toys from them.

BBI has multiple toy lines (hello Kitty, thomas the tank engine) they had a really big section at FAO Schwartz with knights when i was there last year. BBI sells detailed realistic toys that why most antennas and small parts are rubber. 21st/JSI make detailed models they are very different at least to me especially in thinking in production i can tell a bbi from JSI item by feel alone. I could be wrong about the BBI and JSI connection but i doubt BBI would not put BBI logos on there stuff. they are very brand conscious and want owner ship.

Yoxford
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Yoxford » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:56 am

I think Nightviper is correct, but what also adds to the confusion is the Merit dist. connection...who have BBI & JSI on their website.
The sign of a great model is that one’s eye is not drawn to any one feature, yet one can study it for hours and continually find something new.

NightVyper
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by NightVyper » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:58 am

yeah merit is like a gateway to china.