1/18 CORSAIR WING HINGES?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Buckyroo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

1/18 CORSAIR WING HINGES?

Post by Buckyroo » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:05 am

Does any one have any leads as to the availability of replacement wing hinges for the 1/18 Corsairs? I have contacted JSI, but have not heard back from them yet. I have recently gone through my corsairs and repaired what I could but am in need of locating some hinges for two more Corsairs that I have. I have had reasonable success with gluing the broken parts back on and adding some petrolium jelly to make sure the hinge does not bond to the rubber bushing. Thanks for the help.

Kris

mikeg
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: 1/18 CORSAIR WING HINGES?

Post by mikeg » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:18 am

I have a couple like that, too-- I'm a slow learner sometimes. I had thought in the past that Pickle could make em for us.- it has to be pretty sturdy plastic, though. The wings will stay up or out with them broken, so I have not paid them much heed in quite a while

killer 88s
Corporal
Corporal

Post by killer 88s » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:26 pm

I just removed the rubber bushings on my hinges. They seem to be what binds us the hinges to break. As for the hinges themselves, I just used super glued the pieces back and left it as that. My wings still fold.
Trade Ref: der Vogelfänger, STUKA, wreckchaser, hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, YT, Krevix44, [CAT]CplSlade, Delta Team, ww2collecter, evilanimation, Grilledcheese, AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Buckyroo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Buckyroo » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:16 am

I just received an email from JSI this morning. They indicated that they may be able to help out. I had to respond to them and they indicated that they would get someone in US to contact me. I will post more when I hear from them.

Buckyroo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Buckyroo » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:55 am

Well, here is a copy of the email from the Merit Customer Service Rep. He makes reference that they cannot do anything because all materials were stolen? I know, but didn't follow, the past discussions about the "stolen" items from JSI. Was there thinking that legal action stopped production of old 21st Century stuff? Just seems kinda funny that someone would steal all the parts like the hinges? But who knows?

Here is the email I recieved.........

Hi Kris

Thank you for sharing your experience.

At the moment, we really do not have parts on hand to serve your
needs. On top of that, JSI got all of their stock stolen last Summer in
their factory in China

We will keep your request on file and fulfill the parts request at the
next production of the Corsair.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused. Will be in touch.

All the best

Tony

NightVyper
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by NightVyper » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:33 am

I wouldn't hold my breath but it does sound like eventually you may get some parts. if they actually do send replacements I would be interested to know it would shine a positive light on both companies and i think that is news worthy.