JSI Booth

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
aki
Private First Class
Private First Class

JSI Booth

Post by aki » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:22 am

taken at the Hobby Show in Japan which was held from 14th to 16th Oct.

Hmmmmm

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: JSI Booth

Post by hotrodrock » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:50 am

So does this mean they are just going to keep re-releasing every piece in the same paint scheme? :evil: Unbelievable! :shock: You would think they would have at least put a new paint scheme on a piece or two of that armor for display at a major show.

Mitch
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Mitch » Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:56 am

The F15 sure does look good.

Black Lion VF-213
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Black Lion VF-213 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:08 am

"Hello, we're JSI. We make 1/18 scale models of well known military aircraft from around the world spanning WWII to modern era.

As you can see we put a great deal of research and quality work into painting all of our models, especially that Jolly Rogers F-14 Tomcat you see here on the table. We really weren't satisfied with the portrayal of this example from the pictures the US Navy has released to us. It didn't look "weathered" enough for our tastes or for our customers worldwide. This one here is our 2nd release at really giving our customers exactly what they want. Those Americans loved our "spotcat" method of weathering so much, we decided to re-release it using our very unique "squiggle-cat" weathering technique.

We are happy to report reviews are well received and sales are sky rocketing from our F-14. Because of that this F-15 you see over here on the wall is a teaser to our next much anticipated release. Our suggestion box is overflowing with pleas for us to attempt an even more realistic weathering execution for this Eagle. Our three top suggestions for weathering patterns are: tiger stripe, cubism, and Jackson Pollock.

We'll release pre-production photos 2nd quarter 2011 for this F-15 Stay tuned."

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:47 am

Awesome how Easyrider has the same jacked up rocket pods as the 21st version...or are they 21st being displayed as JSI? Will definitely get an F15 Squiggles, spots or whatever.
"Leave the Artillerymen alone...they are an obstinate lot" -Napoleon

dragon53
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by dragon53 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:25 pm

I thought the F-15 was dead.

456THBG
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by 456THBG » Sun Oct 17, 2010 1:30 pm

Black Lion VF-213 wrote:"Hello, we're JSI. We make 1/18 scale models of well known military aircraft from around the world spanning WWII to modern era.

As you can see we put a great deal of research and quality work into painting all of our models, especially that Jolly Rogers F-14 Tomcat you see here on the table. We really weren't satisfied with the portrayal of this example from the pictures the US Navy has released to us. It didn't look "weathered" enough for our tastes or for our customers worldwide. This one here is our 2nd release at really giving our customers exactly what they want. Those Americans loved our "spotcat" method of weathering so much, we decided to re-release it using our very unique "squiggle-cat" weathering technique.

We are happy to report reviews are well received and sales are sky rocketing from our F-14. Because of that this F-15 you see over here on the wall is a teaser to our next much anticipated release. Our suggestion box is overflowing with pleas for us to attempt an even more realistic weathering execution for this Eagle. Our three top suggestions for weathering patterns are: tiger stripe, cubism, and Jackson Pollock.

We'll release pre-production photos 2nd quarter 2011 for this F-15 Stay tuned."
Had me going for a moment :D

usmcchet9296
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by usmcchet9296 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:14 pm

The Huey and the F-15 sure look nice though the cammo on the F-15 needs to go.
USMC CHET
John P. Hermesmeyer
92-96 5th Marines 0311
Semper Fi

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:08 pm

That f-15 looks Awesome! I hope they make it! :D

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:41 pm

love thier style :?
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:27 pm

We keep seeing the P-40 and Huey's at these shows, but have yet to be able to buy any of them.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

gliderdwm
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by gliderdwm » Sun Oct 17, 2010 8:19 pm

JSI Sucks
As mentioned by others when are we going to see something different or updated. I do like the F-15 but why tease with this and no news on real release. The other stuff is all old news. :evil:

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:30 am

Deja Vu!

Thought I was looking at pics from an old thread on JSI display :lol:

Don't see the PLA Flanker in the booth, wonder if anything is going on with that?

Gone for paintjob makeover or did it get "stolen" with ref to jsi memo?
"Be Water, My Friend..."

Good Trader: Tankace

sax5thave
Corporal
Corporal

Post by sax5thave » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:33 am

The F15 looks like an Israeli bird.
TRADE REFERENCES: tmanthegreat, Grilledcheese, Tkjaer21, Delta Team, Blacksnakes, flayrah. fast mover, evilanimation, YT, Jnewboy

JokersWarPig
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by JokersWarPig » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:00 am

Im relativley new to 1:18 stuff, but who is JSI? Ive been trying to find the "shark mouth" Huey ever since I lost my original as a little kid and would really like a chance at another

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:13 am

Honestly, any 1/18 that comes out now would be welcome, for newcomers to the hobby this would be exciting, for the older collectors, this would give them something to repaint as they wish.

How many Sky captain planes were turned to something else, really they could paint them purple or whatever and put them back at walmart and the real collectors could do what they wish with them.

USAAF ACE AVIATOR
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by USAAF ACE AVIATOR » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:52 pm

hmmm....wish they would release some more ETO stuff...maybe a repaint of that P-38...a 109 and a Spitfire? That MAY be enough incentive for me...

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:17 pm

JokersWarPig wrote:Im relativley new to 1:18 stuff, but who is JSI? Ive been trying to find the "shark mouth" Huey ever since I lost my original as a little kid and would really like a chance at another
Others can better answer your question (and welcome to the forum), but JSI pretty much has been releasing (say for the F-14) repaints of old 21st century toys 1:18 military vehicles and figures.

Though I too am happy to pick up their products. I really like what they did with the repaints of the German tanks and I'm happy with the US and Germany figures I've bought thus far.

With the economy being slow, I expect it will be a few years before we see releases of many products ... which places new stuff really in the hands of the many people who make their own stuff or very limited runs. Some of those guys are here on this forum. :)

USAAF ACE AVIATOR
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by USAAF ACE AVIATOR » Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:56 pm

I really wish that JSI did a new Fw-190. I would love to see how that would turn out.

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:50 am

Someone asked earlier about JSI and who they are. From my understanding, they somehow came upon several moulds of various offerings from 21st Century - whether they legally came upon these or not is a mystery to me. This is why everything they've done (except the F14) looks exactly like 21st Century products - they are the same moulds.
When All-Go came into being (also my understanding that this is basically 21st Century under a new name) the legitimacy of JSI's using the moulds came into question?
So, in my opinion it is very unlikely that you'll see any new releases from JSI anytime soon as the F14 was a debacle with the spotcat and poor customer service and poor quality control. I would bet they don't have any more moulds besides the obvious P40, P38, Huey, Halftrack, Tiger, Panther, Walker Bulldog, F104, Corsair, Stuka, German halftracks - did I miss any?
My point is that we have probably seen all the versions of the moulds they have so I'm betting they don't have the FW-190 or any others that aren't on display in the earier post that showed their "Convention Display Cabinet" Yes they've done a JS-11 and F-15 prototype (at least thats what we are to believe - maybe BBI did those and the F14 - it's all clouded in mystery) - but like I said the poor performace of the F14 will probably make both of those a non-event.
If anyone can clear any of this up - give it a good shot. From all the threads I've seen that's about as best as I can sum it up and it is still a mystery.
"Where's dat waskily wabbit?"

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:41 pm

My guess is JSI was a direct manufacturer for 21st or had connections to one. 21st runs into trouble and owes money, manufacturer holds onto mold as collateral. JSI either aquired the molds or decides to make use of molds rather then let it sit there and do nothing.

How they came up with F-14, F-15 and SU-27 is still a big mystery and that BBI might somehow be involved.

Confirmed 21st molds released under JSI are - Lightning, Corsair, Stuka, Tiger, Panther, M16 Half-track, S1 German Troops and S1 US Airborne Troops.
"Be Water, My Friend..."

Good Trader: Tankace

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:24 pm

As high as they are going online, you'd think they'd at least release a Huey.
I don't care if it's the Hoghead or Air Cavalry, I just need an OD green Huey.

The "Air America" silver one ain't gonna cut it.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec