Wondering about AllGo's Passion Wagon

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Dauntless
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Dauntless » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:03 pm

For the money 21C was an outstanding deal. Look how much stuff we got to buy for a reasonable price and in a scale never seen before in mass market.

I mean c'mon people the prices we paid at the time who really cares about little QC issues? I bet most would buy them now broken smashed boxes or not eh for $40?
I would have no problem repairing a DWK Spitfire or dealing with a smudge here or there.

Now spots on a $200+ JSI Tomcat, that's a little different. I still haven't bought one of those. Talk about a major QC gaff.

And some are being critical of 21C? :roll:

I have absolutely no regrets buying all the massive amounts of 21C I have now in various scales.

21C was a beautiful thing. :cry:
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

SolidSnakeEyes
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by SolidSnakeEyes » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:15 pm

tko211 wrote:I have made contact with All-Go and I am working on posting some pics of the Passion Wagon Production sample. I can now confirm that Passion Wagon is likely dead. The quality controls were not acceptable from China regardless of multiple attempts and revision rounds. This lack of superior paint and QC from plane to plane along with the expected "soft" response to another P-51D so soon equals a risk factor that is too high in the end. I have been assured that All-Go is still in the game and now shifting to other subjects that were being evaluated. As for the Website, there was a hosting hick-up as some data was being transferred and will be back up very soon.

I will have an official report from All-Go sometime today or tomorrow that will essentially tell you everything I just said and also include the production samples that were not acceptable. So- It appears that in this case All-Go is listening to us and has decided that QC, and subject selection are going to have been deal breakers on the P-51.
This is good news.
I looked at the trap, Ray.

-- Dr. Egon Spengler

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:32 pm

If ALL-GO brings out a the King Tiger, I believe they could sell enough of them to get their feet under them, it seems there is quite a bit of interest in the King Tiger.

Maybe with a shot in the arm they would be able to bring a new plane to market, seems the A-10 Warthog is one that every collector has been asking for or maybe the Mosquito, either plane I'm sure would be a hit.

I would think a totally new plane would push the price closer to 100.00, but done right I still say the market could stand it.

usmcchet9296
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by usmcchet9296 » Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:45 pm

ram04 wrote:If ALL-GO brings out a the King Tiger, I believe they could sell enough of them to get their feet under them, it seems there is quite a bit of interest in the King Tiger.

Maybe with a shot in the arm they would be able to bring a new plane to market, seems the A-10 Warthog is one that every collector has been asking for or maybe the Mosquito, either plane I'm sure would be a hit.

I would think a totally new plane would push the price closer to 100.00, but done right I still say the market could stand it.
If any manufacturer came out with a KT in 1/18 I think they could sell it for upwards of 100 to 120 USD and people would buy it
with the same mold the could make Henshel or Porchia versions and with the running gear they could make a Jagdtiger thus getting the most of the mold also an A-10 could be sold with a basic load and they (mfgrs) could make weapon load sets that they could sell extra

all that to me is a pipe dream right now since #1 I truely think 1/18 is a non-seller right now and #2 most people dont have the desposible cash that would be needed for a mfgr to make the leap

No till we are out of this recession I dont think we will be seeing much large scale planes and vehicles being made
USMC CHET
John P. Hermesmeyer
92-96 5th Marines 0311
Semper Fi

digger

cool

Post by digger » Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:33 am

Airacobra wrote:If you're bored take a look at the KI-84 I mentioned. Believe me, that's a lot of plane for $300. Again, I know it's an apples to oranges argument, but if you can get this for $300, there should be no reason our 1/18 planes should cost more than $70.

http://www.vqwarbirds.com/product_info. ... 191f354f47
Pre-painted is nice. I assume you have to assemble? That is a lot of plane for the money, but I'd probably rather have for the same price a 109G, a Corsair, a Starfighter, a Zero and a P-38, all fully painted, detailed, with detailed cockpit, articulated figure, working under-carriage, removable weapons systems..etc...

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:11 am

TKO wrote:
"I have made contact with All-Go and I am working on posting some pics of the Passion Wagon Production sample. I can now confirm that Passion Wagon is likely dead. The quality controls were not acceptable from China regardless of multiple attempts and revision rounds. This lack of superior paint and QC from plane to plane along with the expected "soft" response to another P-51D so soon equals a risk factor that is too high in the end. I have been assured that All-Go is still in the game and now shifting to other subjects that were being evaluated. As for the Website, there was a hosting hick-up as some data was being transferred and will be back up very soon.

I will have an official report from All-Go sometime today or tomorrow that will essentially tell you everything I just said and also include the production samples that were not acceptable. So- It appears that in this case All-Go is listening to us and has decided that QC, and subject selection are going to have been deal breakers on the P-51."

Great news, TKO, thanks for the update.

Ironically, with all this talk i got in the mood for another P-51 so just bought Ridge Runner. I've noticed the prices on Ebay starting to climb and have always wanted to have one more, so i plunged. This will be my third and probably last unless something unanticipated comes out. I'd get a P-51B/C still though. Passion Wagon had no interest for me though and i would not have gotten it, had it been produced.

Glad that All-Go is still alive and kicking. Looking forward to the KT, Jagdpanther and much more from them. :)
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

fightin
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by fightin » Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:36 am

aferguson wrote: ... I'd get a P-51B/C still though.
Ditto on that. A decent B/C variant would be very much appreciated. :D
We still need more new 1/18 aircraft!

skypirate
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by skypirate » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:52 am

Every once and a while, over the past ten or so years of collecting 1/18, I'll reflect on the good fortunes of being able to buy a sizable model at what I thought was a low price (averaging around $50?)

None of them were absolutely perfect, but I accepted it as part of the price vs. quality trade-off.

With some of the new 1/72 tanks having suggested retail prices of $25-30 and Dragon's 1/35 street price being $55-60, around $100 for a 1/18 tank seems inline with the smaller scales' pricing.

Completely satisfied with 21c's 1/18 tanks, with the exception of the Tiger's barrel that shanks to the left.

Would happily buy a 21c King Tiger or JagdPanther for $100.

My biggest complaint has always been the WM Cold Steel models. And I do believe that the WM products were lower than standard 21c quality. I have five or six of them bought at around $15 each. Can't stand 'em.

However, when put into perspective, I think it's unfair to expect Dragon 1/35 quality at a third of the price. Wouldn't have minded paying $10 more for a $10 improvement in quality control.

Wrote the WM cold steel models off as making a deal with the devil to stay afloat.

I'm finally beginning to lose hope for 1/18. A scale better suited for the free flowing money of the dot com bubble it road in on.
Last edited by skypirate on Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

456THBG
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by 456THBG » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:56 am

Thanks to TKO for the AllGo update...
I've got all but 2 or 3 of the 1/18th scale regular production 21C & BBI aircraft...Bought a lot of them at Walmart for sure, but some of the "rarer" pieces came from Ebay & were, of course, more costly.
Just my opinion (not looking for an argument, not trying to change someone else's opinion), but at Walmart prices, I feel I got a tremendous bang for my buck, smudges and all! Yes, those days are gone forever, and any new 1/18 aircraft are going to be way more expensive (ala the F14), and if any more are actually produced each individual will have to make their own decision on what or what not to buy.
I love the 1/18 scale, period...I have a bunch of 1/32 planes & tanks and they are fine, but I'll always be a 1/18 afficianado!
There, I feel better now :D

NightVyper
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by NightVyper » Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:09 am

I only have a 21 C super cobra that i got for 200 bucks and I think all and all it looks great for that price tho i would prefer it to have been 100-150 USD Range.

these are toys and pound for pound they put hasbro QC & detail to shame.

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:09 pm

I have four Heng Long tanks, a Panther, Tiger, Sturmgeschutz III and a Panzerkampfwagen III, even though these are RC, ninety-nine percent of the time they have no batteries in them.

I bought them for the over all size and I admit it is alittle cool to run them around, but really its just about the size and detail, even if it is'nt exact.

I believe there is a market for static 1/18 models, kids love them and if they buy them ( that is the parents ) then we still have fodder to work with.

The 1/16 RC tank market is getting bigger, I have a problem that the 1/18 static market can't do the same, as someone else mentioned offer accessories for the various tanks, thats what the 1/16 guys are doing.

There are members here that make their living making parts for tanks and aircraft, if a manufactor stepped up and produced a viable model, I believe the 1/18 scale would take off again. Just my opinion or better yet hope.

BELTxFED
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by BELTxFED » Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:13 am

paulpratt wrote:My son first started buying 21st century stuff at TRU after he got finished with call of duty 2. He was 6 when he bought his first pieces. He has dozens of vehicles and probably close to 100 figures from all the various manufacturers. He loves them and has taken incredible care of them.

It's a shame that they were moved from mass retailers. He was devastated.
Ya, my father-son relationship was changed when 21c left the shelves. We do other things of course, but gone are the days we walked toy isles. He still loves this stuff and plays with it too. Now, even Weekend of Heroes is dud.

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:46 pm

ram04 wrote:I have four Heng Long tanks, a Panther, Tiger, Sturmgeschutz III and a Panzerkampfwagen III, even though these are RC, ninety-nine percent of the time they have no batteries in them.

I bought them for the over all size and I admit it is alittle cool to run them around, but really its just about the size and detail, even if it is'nt exact.
I bought a Heng Long Panzer III based on high recommendations from members here.

I love it! :)

And though it is often static, it is *more* than a little cool to have it zip around my backyard.

The shame is that the 21c tankers are no longer at KayBee, otherwise I would have liked to stock up on a few more of these guys. (Though I honestly have plenty already.)

Mitch
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Mitch » Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:10 pm

tko211 wrote:I have made contact with All-Go and I am working on posting some pics of the Passion Wagon Production sample. I can now confirm that Passion Wagon is likely dead. The quality controls were not acceptable from China regardless of multiple attempts and revision rounds. This lack of superior paint and QC from plane to plane along with the expected "soft" response to another P-51D so soon equals a risk factor that is too high in the end. I have been assured that All-Go is still in the game and now shifting to other subjects that were being evaluated. As for the Website, there was a hosting hick-up as some data was being transferred and will be back up very soon.

I will have an official report from All-Go sometime today or tomorrow that will essentially tell you everything I just said and also include the production samples that were not acceptable. So- It appears that in this case All-Go is listening to us and has decided that QC, and subject selection are going to have been deal breakers on the P-51.

Any updates TKO?....

The All Go site is still down...I need to know if there will EVER be a 1/18 KING TIGER

bananapirate
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by bananapirate » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:13 pm

ram04 wrote:I have four Heng Long tanks, a Panther, Tiger, Sturmgeschutz III and a Panzerkampfwagen III, even though these are RC, ninety-nine percent of the time they have no batteries in them.

I believe there is a market for static 1/18 models, kids love them and if they buy them ( that is the parents ) then we still have fodder to work with.

The 1/16 RC tank market is getting bigger, I have a problem that the 1/18 static market can't do the same, as someone else mentioned offer accessories for the various tanks, thats what the 1/16 guys are doing.
and Heng Long has been hugely stepping up in quality both in plastic and electronics. I would say exterior quality/appearance is equal to and sometimes better than 21stC (the stug for example) and the aftermarket is limitless. not to mention a handful of new tanks are made each year as well as conversion kits. Tamiya, Mato and smaller companies like Hooben have their offerings too.

if you shop in the right places you can get any HL tank for well under $100 too