Wondering about AllGo's Passion Wagon

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
456THBG
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by 456THBG » Wed May 26, 2010 1:28 pm

gouchy wrote:Lets not jump to conclusions just yet, hiccups are on par for 1/18th course

But in case titty stang does all-go south...

Nows a good time to sharpen knives, adjust windage, compute firing solution, arm missles, confirm ballistic trajectory and clean qwerty keyboard (for the armchair critics) :lol:
Titty Stang...That's good a good one Gouchy :lol:

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Wed May 26, 2010 1:32 pm

dbl post :oops:
Last edited by gouchy on Wed May 26, 2010 1:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Wed May 26, 2010 1:38 pm

8) hope this doesnt violate the rules (coarse language)?

fly-dk
Corporal
Corporal

Post by fly-dk » Sat May 29, 2010 1:21 pm

Any news concerning Allgo?

I can see that badcat has stopped pre-orders...

Stug45
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Stug45 » Sat May 29, 2010 1:31 pm

tko211 you have any news??
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

paulpratt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by paulpratt » Sat May 29, 2010 1:36 pm

Why do these companies bother having reps on sites like this if they can't even extend the courtesy of speaking to the people handing them money.
Best,
-Paul

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat May 29, 2010 2:08 pm

i suspect things are very uncertain right now and they're not sure what to say.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Sat May 29, 2010 3:01 pm

Say good bye to the King Tiger guys :roll:

phil

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Sat May 29, 2010 3:33 pm

exether_mega wrote:Say good bye to the King Tiger guys :roll:

phil
By King Tiger :cry: :cry: :cry:
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sat May 29, 2010 4:02 pm

fly-dk wrote:Any news concerning Allgo?

I can see that badcat has stopped pre-orders...
Thats not a good sign.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by King O' Fools » Sat May 29, 2010 4:03 pm

Look on the bright side, people: the KT prototype will be coming to an e-bay auction near you soon. :wink:

U Can Haz Kitty!!! :P

SolidSnakeEyes
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by SolidSnakeEyes » Sat May 29, 2010 7:11 pm

Man, I knew it was too early to start getting exciting about all those figure packs TKO mentioned.
I looked at the trap, Ray.

-- Dr. Egon Spengler

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Sat May 29, 2010 7:23 pm

paulpratt wrote:Why do these companies bother having reps on sites like this if they can't even extend the courtesy of speaking to the people handing them money.
Good question, I don't even bother listening to them they're always full of BS it's the boy who cryed wolf to many times now.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

usmcchet9296
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by usmcchet9296 » Sun May 30, 2010 8:18 pm

All-Go, 21c, blithering idiots, or whatever these fools are calling themselves should just sell there molds and prototypes to JSI and be done with it ....21c is dead and good riddance to them ... they run there company like congress runs the country ....on a wing and a prayer
USMC CHET
John P. Hermesmeyer
92-96 5th Marines 0311
Semper Fi

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sun May 30, 2010 8:30 pm

Why buy the molds when JSI can just steal them, just like they did already.

IMO they tried to keep the 1:18 thing alive, but it's a tough business environment now.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

usmcchet9296
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by usmcchet9296 » Sun May 30, 2010 10:01 pm

Dauntless wrote:Why buy the molds when JSI can just steal them, just like they did already.

IMO they tried to keep the 1:18 thing alive, but it's a tough business environment now.
were they stolen or were they payment for services rendered when money wasnt recieved

see 21c's record is spotty at best so who are we to believe

personally I think 21c went belly up and left JSI high and dry so what would you do to try and recoup costs ..... that right sell under your name.
USMC CHET
John P. Hermesmeyer
92-96 5th Marines 0311
Semper Fi

SolidSnakeEyes
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by SolidSnakeEyes » Sun May 30, 2010 11:09 pm

Maybe AG isn't done for.

Maybe something happened to delay them further? Maybe they decided to do something else, and put a hold on the plane?
I mean, they have the KT, and the Jagdpanter, right? They at least have prototypes. Maybe they realize the plane was a stinker, and decided to try something else first?
Seems very, very thin, I know. Just trying to fool myself into having hope.

Since we haven't heard ANYTHING, from the people who actually know something...I'd like to think there might still be hope.
I looked at the trap, Ray.

-- Dr. Egon Spengler

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Mon May 31, 2010 1:12 am

I wish I had some better news or answers but as others have stated already, I have none at this time. At the beginning of the year things looked like they were rolling and while a lot depended on the P-51D sales the future seemed pretty bright.

Perhaps they still are? I frankly don't know as I have been told little to nothing these past months. I think there is a chance that the P-51D in the end became too risky to pull the trigger on as it was already a saturated choice?

Might just be a regroup strategy. Lots of anticipation of what could be with All Go but unfortunately little answers. I frankly have been far too busy in this tight economy chasing work for my design firm (thankfully a good problem) So to be honest I have not been in a position nor had the opportunity to chase info. Rather I have been waiting but communication is slowed now. Hopefully all it means is a shift in the plan and other things are still in the works?

Thats the best I can do for now. Sorry it isn't more. I will let you know if anything develops.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Mon May 31, 2010 6:37 am

usmcchet9296 wrote:
Dauntless wrote:Why buy the molds when JSI can just steal them, just like they did already.

were they stolen or were they payment for services rendered when money wasnt recieved

see 21c's record is spotty at best so who are we to believe

personally I think 21c went belly up and left JSI high and dry so what would you do to try and recoup costs ..... that right sell under your name.
Yeah either or... though when Walmart pulled the plug on 21C, that's what put them under.
A chinese production facility to make the planes probably does not pay attention to any US laws of bankruptcy, it just wants it's money, and a perfect opportunity to make some extra money. Hence we get regurged 21C planes from JSI.

Fact is we wouldn't even have 1:18 planes if it wasn't for 21C. They were the first. We wouldn't even have a 1:18 forum I suspect if it wasn't for them. What maybe talk about GI Joe "toys"?

Too bad for AllGo, too bad for us. :?
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon May 31, 2010 8:48 am

my hunch is that they are having trouble getting bank financing and needed to come up with more of their own cash, in order to get loans. Hence the prototype auctions.

They may not be gone gone. They may just go dorment again until economic times are better and then give it another go.....er all-go.

And we can get pissed at them all we want. But if not for 21c this hobby would not exist at all and there would be zero 1/18 scale planes and tanks, instead of all the great stuff we have, plus probably more in the future.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Mon May 31, 2010 9:18 am

Ditto on Fergie.

For what it is worth, my opinion has always been that AG's comeback based on a new paint job on a very common plane was a mistake. How many Mustangs can you hang from your cieling? Had they started with the KT and followed that up with a second tank that hasn't been made before in 1/18, they would have jumpstarted their new business and then make the plane guys happy, with a new plane, not a repaint.

Just an opinion who has no mortgage money riding on a business decision.

I do hope this is just a bump in the road for AG, but as with past 21C new products, I am not holding my breath.... for long. :wink:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Mon May 31, 2010 9:30 am

They should stay dead or wait till they actually can follow through with something before announcing it. Same old 21c. tactics. Doesn’t bother me as I had no intentions of buying anyway but I was hoping for some decent future releases. The sale of the prototypes should have been a giant red flag. They have no money. :?

RAD 2112
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by RAD 2112 » Mon May 31, 2010 9:52 am

I am not a big 1:18 collector, but I understand that the success of the "Passion Wagon" impacts the other scales that ALL-GO may have wanted to pursue.
I also understand how collectors are very particular of what they buy, historical accuracy being one of them.

Even though I am a 1:48 & 1:32 collector, I would have purchased a booby bird to support them.
Unfortunately, what killed it for me was the "bait and switch" between the Pre- an Post- production images with the added dorsal fin.

But that's just me.
There is no security in this life. There is only opportunity.
- Gen Douglas MacArthur

Safe Trader List:
Black Lion VF-213, hworth18, KWR190, nooker 21, Olifant, Tmanthegreat, Trigger1, V2 MAN, vulgarvulture, Coreyeagle48

skypirate
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by skypirate » Mon May 31, 2010 11:25 am

Threetoughtrucks wrote:Ditto on Fergie.

For what it is worth, my opinion has always been that AG's comeback based on a new paint job on a very common plane was a mistake. How many Mustangs can you hang from your cieling? Had they started with the KT and followed that up with a second tank that hasn't been made before in 1/18, they would have jumpstarted their new business and then make the plane guys happy, with a new plane, not a repaint.

Just an opinion who has no mortgage money riding on a business decision.

I do hope this is just a bump in the road for AG, but as with past 21C new products, I am not holding my breath.... for long. :wink:

TTT

The abundance of Mustang and Tiger I repaints from a variety of companies reminds me of two Monty Python skits about over saturation.

Dennis Moore (Skip to 2:25)
SPAM

1/18 scale takes up a lot of living space. I just don't have any more space for repaints of Mustangs and Tigers.

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Mon May 31, 2010 11:52 am

I think releasing the King Tiger would have been a more wise choice.

phil