1/6 Scale Bradley...??

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
ostketten
Officer - Brigadier General

1/6 Scale Bradley...??

Post by ostketten » Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:52 pm

Is this thing 1/6 scale...?? I really can't tell, I'm not that familiar with the scale, but the ad says "includes a 12" figure" so I presume it is 1/6...?? Anyhow, it could potentially be a good deal for somebody who likes the scale and wants a Woodland scheme Bradley, I seem to remember these going for a lot more.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3D1&_rdc=1
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

billgiff
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by billgiff » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:07 pm

It's supposed to be 1/6th but it's more like 1/8th. So close but yet sooooooooo far. Nice idea but bad execution. I had one and got rid of it.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:09 pm

Yes, I believe that is the 1:6 scale version. (I wonder where 21c got the idea for the 1:18 version :wink: )

Still three days left on the auction, but right now it is at a very good price. The 21c 1:6 Bradleys can go for quite a bit, especially when boxed.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

evilanimation
Sergeant
Sergeant

Its 1/6th

Post by evilanimation » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:33 pm

Look at where the door hinge compared to it, that would have to be the lowest door hinge in the world!!! Plus its the ugly Green and purple, that the only other than the FOV that is that color. Correct?

ostketten

Re: Its 1/6th

Post by ostketten » Fri Feb 19, 2010 5:57 pm

evilanimation wrote:Look at where the door hinge compared to it, that would have to be the lowest door hinge in the world!!!
You mean like this one in my house...?? Looks pretty much like a standard door hinge to me, roughly 8 inches off the floor. That would make the tank in the ebay picture about as long as the door is wide, or roughly 29 inches, give or take a few inches.... :roll: Every door hinge in my house is approximately 8 inches off the floor, so I assume this is more or less standard for most homes in the U.S.

UPDATE: I emailed the guy.... He says it's nearly 4 feet long, and 2 feet wide... :shock:

Last edited by ostketten on Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:40 pm

I remember when TRU's used to carry these. The box they came in was huge. I don't remember if the M5 Stuart came first or the Bradley. TRU's cleared them out at about $50. a good deal but my apartment wasn't big enough for it.

BELTxFED
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by BELTxFED » Sat Feb 20, 2010 12:15 am

Listing states he ships to Mexico. Well, good luck with that. I sold mine a year ago, but couldn't get it into a small enough box to ship overseas. It still sits in my garage a year later.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:59 pm

Despite it's faults, the price is great. Let's see what the final price ends up. They usually end up way over $200

I'd go for it but unless I use it for a desk chair, I don't have the room to display it.... unless, of course if I sell some 1/18........Yeah, right. :wink:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.