All-Go! Toys - New 1:18 player JAGDPANTHER ANNOUNCED!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
SGT. ODDBALL
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. ODDBALL » Mon Jan 25, 2010 10:58 am

is this price set in stone?? maybe this particular plane will be like a limited first edition all go toys product and the big price is to get some cash to start going. if all go said to me, " the mustang is 100 bucks cuz we need cash to build a new spitfire mold so we can sell it at 70 bucks" i would be on it like white on rice! i would think with all the thought that went into the company and learning from 21rst toys mistakes, they will eventually get the price right. i hope. im glad there is a new player though!

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:31 am

I apologize if I missed it and am asking again, but has it been discussed what molds AG Toys has left from their original efforts (21st) besides the P-51. And how did they manage to retain this one and not any of the others that JSI apparently has. That just seems a little unusual. Not really important, just curious as to how that came about and what they actually still have.

vmf214
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by vmf214 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:39 am

I bet they have no problem peddling these things, even at a $100 a pop. 6 months after they're gone, if even that long, they'll be on ebay likely for a time bringing big bucks, just like everything else. I'm anxious to see Zach's design for the boxart.

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:42 am

stv9000 wrote:To think your going to rebuild a company with a repainted model that has already flooded the market is like Chrysler making a comeback with a Dodge caravan. “Sure its double the price but look, it has a new paint scheme”

Just ranting.
LOL!!!
SGT. ODDBALL wrote:if all go said to me, " the mustang is 100 bucks cuz we need cash to build a new spitfire mold so we can sell it at 70 bucks" i would be on it like white on rice!
That would be REALLY nice, but I'd be dreaming.

GI546
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by GI546 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:31 pm

the return of 21c has arrived.

well....sorta

stv9000
Corporal
Corporal

Post by stv9000 » Mon Jan 25, 2010 2:45 pm

Yea $70 would be a better starting point in my opinion. I can't recall any company starting out with with an overpriced (again just my opinion) product then lowering the price. I would think starting with a lower price to generate interest and sales volume is more in line with reality. I have never seen any reduction in price from these companys.

Just saying.

mountian-man
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by mountian-man » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:15 pm

$100 is simply too much money if All Go toys wants to be the "industry leader" in terms of price.

JSI's re-paint of the corsair is $70 and beautiful!. Hell even the overpriced p-38 re-issue is $10 less.

$60-70 would be more sensible for a repaint of an old mold. Considering it's the 5 or 6th re-paint on that mold.

In terms of "limited edition", Admiral's "Patricia II" had a run of 500 pieces. I bet this P-51 will have a higher run...

BELTxFED
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by BELTxFED » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:54 pm

Sounds like theres some high balling going on with the $100 msrp y'all are talking about.

What 21C needs to do is shutup for once and deliver their products without all this BS hype.

This is a bad sign to me that these guys still havent learned anything.

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:08 pm

Count me in for one. I don't have an OD Mustang yet anyway.

And if money's so tight in your life that you'd be complaining about the price of a $100 repaint toy instead of $65-$70, maybe you shouldn't purchase a toy at all, and instead save your money for family needs. :roll:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:10 pm

what kind of nonsense is that? So we should all just happily accept big price hikes and pay with a smile and no grumbling? You are a marketing department's dream, my friend.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Airacobra
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Airacobra » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:17 pm

aferguson wrote:what kind of nonsense is that? So we should all just happily accept big price hikes and pay with a smile and no grumbling? You are a marketing department's dream, my friend.

Amen to that. There is no way the price for these planes should be double what they were a few years ago.

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:20 pm

Not really. Since when is $100 for a LE product such a mind-boggling price?

We were looking at the end of the 1/18 scale a few months back (not counting the customizers), with the death of 21c and Admiral Toys, and the hibernation of Bluebox Toys.

And now that we're seeing a little light a head of the tunnel, $100 is suddenly too much? A lot of people would have eagerly paid for Mustangs at that price on Ebay if companies like JSI or All Go didn't arrive on the scene.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:30 pm

Having not seen what "Limited Edition" actually translates to, I think it's presumptuous to assume $100 is fair. ;)
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:36 pm

Airacobra wrote:What I am getting tired of hearing is the whole, we will never see WM prices again and how spoiled we were during that time. I know that is true, but it also doesn't help having people constantly saying we should expect to pay $100 for a repaint and be happy that it is even available at that price. I just feel those of us who voice or "complain" about the current prices points are unfairly picked on.
GooglyDoogly wrote:Count me in for one. I don't have an OD Mustang yet anyway.

And if money's so tight in your life that you'd be complaining about the price of a $100 repaint toy instead of $65-$70, maybe you shouldn't purchase a toy at all, and instead save your money for family needs. :roll:
Talk about just proving Airacobra's point...

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:43 pm

The word "fair" seems so odd in the business world. Especially when talking about non-vital commodities like toys.

They're not making toys for our benefit. They're not making toys because tehy're Santa Claus and all of us have been good little boys and girls.

They're making toys for profit. Nothing more, nothing less. At the end of the day, the free market will dictate how much these toys end up being. If they can't sell them for $100, then I guess people could simply wait for a Monkey Depot sale again, then wonder why so-and-so company went under again.

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:45 pm

NWarty wrote:
Airacobra wrote:What I am getting tired of hearing is the whole, we will never see WM prices again and how spoiled we were during that time. I know that is true, but it also doesn't help having people constantly saying we should expect to pay $100 for a repaint and be happy that it is even available at that price. I just feel those of us who voice or "complain" about the current prices points are unfairly picked on.
GooglyDoogly wrote:Count me in for one. I don't have an OD Mustang yet anyway.

Talk about just proving Airacobra's point...

Airacobra
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Airacobra » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:45 pm

To me, $100 for a Mustang isn't suddenly too much. It has always been too much. I would love to be able to support AG but as I have said before I just don't see any value in a $100 Mustang repaint. I just feel they picked the wrong mold to start with. They have a picture of a P-40 on their Aircraft page, why not use that? The P-40 is nearly as, if not just as recognizable as the P-51, with a ton of eye catching paint schemes to choose from. Everyone loves a shark mouth P-40, and they are much harder to get a hold of for a reasonable price then the P-51. Granted, I have no idea what molds AG has, but I still feel the P-51 was a poor first choice. I hope AG can make a decent run and hopefully release planes for less then $100 sometime down the line. I also hope that AG has caught the attention of Admiral Toys. They really only sold items through e-tailers and still kept their prices reasonable. Let's hope they come out of hiding soon.

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:48 pm

GooglyDoogly wrote:
NWarty wrote: Talk about just proving Airacobra's point...

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:49 pm

aferguson wrote:what kind of nonsense is that? So we should all just happily accept big price hikes and pay with a smile and no grumbling? You are a marketing department's dream, my friend.
ditto on that one. I'm not going to be grateful, bend over and take it up the hoohaa. And yes, I do watch what I spend my money on. This is just a hobby, these aren't crates of food. So when prices increase (but seldom decrease) you've got to ask why (unless your a good little consumer who is willing to open your wallet with no exceptions).
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:53 pm

I go to stores and see some Star Wars products like the new Y-wing and the Arc Fighter going for 69 dollars at Walmart or Target, I like them and get them for what seems a fair price for a new product. I already have 5 or 6 Mustangs in assorted colors from BBI or 21st and I paid between 39 and 49 for most of them new a few years ago. I just can't justify a buying a new repaint of one for 100, maybe if it was a "B" model. I think the price point is way too high.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:28 pm

simmer boys......i've edited a bunch of posts. Play nice, please.

Anyway, i'm glad to see 21c back in the guise of AG but that doesn't mean i'm going to write them a blank cheque to charge whatever they want. They are apparently interested in feedback of the collector base, of which we are representatives. So, they're getting feedback.

Very hopeful of future offerings from them but they've got to watch pricing, there's a recession on and lots of people have other priorities aside from their toy hobby.

I've been making cut backs too. I've been shaving expenses like crazy for the past year. I recently gave up sweets. I have a nasty sweet tooth and it costs me a bundle every month and gives no benefit. So, i swore off sweets at the beginning of the year. I'm saving a good $50 per month, which i have redirected towards my toy hobby. I just bought an Exoto 1/18 C-9 Mercedes for a sweet price and kicking my sugar addiction is going to help pay for it...well, reimburse me for it. Trading one addiction for another...heh.

I wish i smoked so i could stop and redirect that money too. :lol:
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:52 pm

aferguson wrote:I wish i smoked so i could stop and redirect that money too. :lol:
I'm three weeks nicotine free and it sucks. :( But booze and smokes go hand in hand, so I get to save a bunch.

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:54 pm

It's not the price alone, its the fact of the doubled price combined with a repaint scheme. The artwork should not be a $50 premium.

Nobody would be complaining if it was a new release. Well maybe someone would.

I spent the money on a F-14, not that I really desired a F-14, but it is new and likely to be limited in the long run.

DH
Exoto 1/18 C-9 Mercedes for a sweet price and kicking my sugar addiction is going to help pay for it...well, reimburse me for it. Trading one addiction for another...heh.

Save some more, CMC and Schuco are making 1/18 Transporters for Ferrari and Porsche, the CMC Ferrari Racing Team Truck Transporter is supposed to be around $700.

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:57 pm

I wonder how much the figures are going to be?
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:59 pm

To most, myself included, price is the main deciding factor when collecting. I have passed up so many things that I wanted only because the price was too much. Not only do we have to face the cost of an item, but the shipping for such item as well. I've been only collecting figures lately because it seems that they are the only thing I can reasonably afford. The high price points on their first items leads me, as I'm sure I am not the only one, to believe that all their items are going to be too much for the avarage joe to collect. JSI is a good example of this. I, and I'm sure I'm not the only one, am not rich and cannot shell out 10+ a figure or $200 for a plane no matter which one it is. I love this hobby and am very glad to have been collecting for a while but I have bills to pay as well. I only hope that this isn't the norm for future pieces. I am however very glad to see another company in the world of 1:18. I hope that the feedback from this forum helps, even in a small way, to keep prices reasonable. :)
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)