Blue Angels F18

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Bruzzer
Sergeant
Sergeant

F18 Hanging

Post by Bruzzer » Fri Nov 05, 2004 4:11 pm

Hi All,
I got the Blue Angel F18 hanging now. I had to rearrange a few things. Check out the website if you want to see pics.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri Nov 05, 2004 5:56 pm

Looks nice. One down, 5 to go.

:)

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Sat Dec 25, 2004 12:59 am

I got one! A present to myself! Got here in two days with FedEX ground as well... which I find amazing! Bad Cat definatly is the fastest shipping gun in the west.

I LOVE it. LOVE IT LOVE IT. Of course, the Blue Angels hold a special spot with me... so I HAD to get one. Not to mention that next to the P-51, the F-18 is my second fav of all time. The retooling is nice... and the colors are great. Being the big Blue Angel fan I am, I do have some quirks with it... but, those are all drowned away when I just take another overall look at it.

In case you all are curious...
- The pilot has the F-18 pilot's vest on with all the tools and such.... and it's green colored. Obviously they didn't want to retool the pilot
- Where the two 'spikes' of the gold color meet behind the cockpit... they should meet closer to the end of the canopy instead of the big long triangle they make.

I went with Blue Angel #5 for a few reasons... The lead solo is always the one doing most of the solo work... the 'oh my gosh!' surprise pass (although this year the #6 solo did a second even more shocking pass from behind) and I just like the #5 number. SEcond, and most important... since I'll probably just be getting one of them... unless they go down in price big time to where I can buy 6... I figured that only the #5 and #6 jets would be along at an airshow. The other 4 make up the diamond and are almost always together. And as stated, the #5 is often the more show plane than #6.
I also changed the pilot's name. Not that I didn't like the name of the #5 pilot as they suggested... but I was looking through a 1997 Blue Angel book and a 2000 Blue Angel book... and both the number 5 pilots had Cdr. rank. So I went with the only Cdr. name, which happened to be the one that BBi suggested for the #1 jet.
Yes, I really went into planning this plane to get it right :-P For those of you who ordered more than one... I'd LOVE to see photos of the formations!
Once I get the new photo studio set up here... I'll take some photos of her. And I DO plan on putting a clear gloss coat on her.

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Sat Dec 25, 2004 7:42 am

I'm really happy for you. Merry Christmas! It's nice to get what you want sometimes!

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]