POST JAPANESE, MARINE AND BBI FIGURE FINDS & DISCUSSION

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
digger
Officer - Brigadier General

Skin number

Post by digger » Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:42 am

Use the SKN # found on about the 3rd page of this thread.

fredricchio
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by fredricchio » Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:50 pm

Well, yesterday it was the Corsair and today it was the Paras! I had a feeling they probably got them in together, but since the reset they've crammed all the bbi figs onto a sidecap and I was afraid they wouldn't put them out because there was no room. And I was partially right, as today it looked like they were in the middle of rearranging things to make them fit; well, I made things easier by picking up a set of 6 :)

Needless to say these guys are awesome! I didn't find any QC problems with these, and the non-removeable harnesses don't really bother me; if the 'chutes had permanently attached it would be different, but as is with the removeable gear, tons of accessories, and great weathering job with the paint apps, this a great first assortment of WWII figs from bbi! Keep 'em coming, guys! :D

Warthog75
Corporal
Corporal

NE Ohio sightings

Post by Warthog75 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:41 am

Went on my weekly Walmrt run yesterday and found Japanese infantry! Only had one and a half sets and I picked them all up. But there's now hope for us Clevelanders!

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:53 pm

Hi Guys

Some of U know me from GP'S XD. Well today I got my box of 6 BBI Paras from BadCat and I must say Im 100% :D. This is the 1st time that I have ever gotten BBI 1/18 nice figures. Are the old BBI figures as nice as these? $$ was a little high and when I say high I mean $78.00US and I live in Canada but I'm very very happy! I'm going to get small wire and open up the shoots and hang them in my office.

SGT. Saunders
There's only one way out of HELL! and that's through it!!

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:26 pm

Welcome back! I have not gotten the BBI Paras yet, but I have a couple BBI figures with their type of articulation. The older BBI modern Army, SEAL, and Marine figures are not as nice as the new Paras and have different arm and leg articulation. This articulation is often more delicate and sometimes arms can come apart.

That said, the modern BBI figures are still the best modern soldiers out there and they come with some great equipment! They are also avaliable in sufficient numbers and for a decent price, enabling one to easily build an army with them!

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: NE Ohio sightings

Post by holensock » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:46 pm

Warthog75 wrote:Went on my weekly Walmrt run yesterday and found Japanese infantry! Only had one and a half sets and I picked them all up. But there's now hope for us Clevelanders!
Where about in Cleveland? Medina, Strongsville, Parma, Elyria, North Olmsted and Avon have NOTHING last time I checked! sigh.....

SpareParts
Private First Class
Private First Class

Gaping holes

Post by SpareParts » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:23 pm

Saw these at TRU today. At first glance they look excellent. And it appears the articulation is better (at least the elbows, anyway). I noticed one of the figs had the reserve 'chute off and packed separately. In its stead, of course, there is a gaping hole where the peg at the back of the chute attaches. Any ideas how to conceal them (the holes)?

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:02 pm

I got the BBI paratroopers today. They look great. I bought a bunch of them.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

Slobodon.Ginfizz
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Slobodon.Ginfizz » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:38 pm

In its stead, of course, there is a gaping hole where the peg at the back of the chute attaches. Any ideas how to conceal them (the holes)?
Put your thumb over them.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:11 pm

The Para's landed in the Steel City finally...

I picked up two, as I also found a number of Star Wars figs (yay me, finally) I needed.

I love the new articulation, and it's everything it should be. The legs are nicely spaced apart too, unlike those Marines and Spec. Forces figs that were out in the last waves... Its nice see them back to a higher quality over those figures.

Headsculpts rock... Sculpt overall rocks though, and the guys look great. Even the non-neutral face sculpt of the one trooper is amazing and doesn't stand out TOO much like some of the 21st headsculpts did. Plus BBI's headsculpts stand apart from each other but are tremendously "neutral" and generic. 21st's Para sculpts and stuff tended to look like they were all based on the same figure. They had a look about them that made them resemble each other, at least the Germans did. Very strange.

The gear is fantastic... No complaints. Finally to-scale .45 pistols, pineapple grenades, and other gear from World War 2. Just great stuff all around. The guns are all equal to or better than 21st's sculpts too... Very happy all around with that.

The only gripe I have is the one I've had since first seeing the Para's online, and it's that the harnesses and life-vests are molded to the figure and not removable gear. I like the figure for the fun factor of dropping him off the banister or throwing them around the yard with my girlfriend's kids but I REALLY am hoping that BBI has a 2nd series of the Paratroopers planned WITHOUT the gear molded on, so we can have combat ready Paratroopers.

I believe this is the only way multiple buys of any of these figures will happen with most people. They're great for what they are but I like them for combat poses more than dropping into said combat. I'll get one set though with the chutes. And finally a medic too? Nice move BBI! Nice indeed. Now just get them ready for the field and put them out again! :)
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

JohnLumley
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by JohnLumley » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:41 am

Scored all 6 bbi parachute jumpers yesterday as well as the bbi corsair. Items are in at my local TRU. :D
One hundred and fifty three - 1:18 scale aircraft on the ceiling looks :shock: damn good!

markecho
Sergeant
Sergeant

21st C S2 marines spotted in SoCal

Post by markecho » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:50 am

Passed by 2 wally's yesterday morning and saw the S2 Marines (yes camo version). (since I was on a SW run I didn't see the prices)

if i had time to check PM's more often today I would PM people the location (to avoid scalpers) but since i can't today:

Wstmnstr (Beach & 22) - 11 S2 marines
HB (Talbert & Beach) - 12 S2 marines

good luck and happy hunting!
It is the dang toy companies that have sometimes made me want to stop collecting toys!!!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:43 am

wow.....the S2 marines are here. Very cool..

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Thu Aug 11, 2005 3:29 pm

Guys

I'm in the dark, please tell me what are S2 Marines (camo version)?? are they from 21st? are they XD? where can I get some?
Can you please show some pics?

SGT. Saunders

digger

USMC

Post by digger » Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:26 pm

Yes - S2 Marines are XD USMC painted in Camo with slight paint variations to the head/hair and gear. It's gonna be fun to swap out the different gear and really put together a rag-tag bunch 8)
I think there are a two pics in Bravo26 ComicCon photo album. :)
The big question is: do they have new articulation?

pokeyjtc
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pokeyjtc » Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:44 pm

Found the BBI Paratroopers and the BBI Corsair in the Houston area today. Picked up the Corsair and a set of paratroopers. It has been a good day. :D

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Fri Aug 12, 2005 5:57 am

GUYS

Looked for the pics of the new XD S2 Marines can't find! (ME CAN'T FIND ME NO HAPPY!!!) Will I be able to find them at BadCat? or are they only for WALLY?

SGT. Saunders

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:17 pm

The TRU in S.E. Indy (Washington St.) had the new paratroopers. (had) :wink:

fredricchio
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by fredricchio » Fri Aug 12, 2005 4:02 pm

Man, I tell you, I always find a ton of stuff on my way back from Purdue. They've got 2 WMs down there, and today I found the series 2 Camo Marines at one, and the Japanese and COED Sherman at the other; they had four complete sets of the Japanese, as well as the pilots, BotB, and Patton figs, the German Halftrack, olive drab Walker, and M3A3 (couldn't tell which one as it was on the top shelf turned sideways) at this store. Also a 1:32 Sky Captain P-40, but no 1:18.

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Fri Aug 12, 2005 6:04 pm

1/32 sky captain?
didn't know such was been made
will watch for them here.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:41 pm

Found the BBI Paras today and also the Corsair! :D

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:42 am

Guys.

Hey guys help me out! Are the camo Marines only available through Wally or can you get them on-line?
The reson I ask is because my wife is in Boston for the weekend.

SGT. Saunders

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:49 am

They just came out. Will probably be online at some point, i don't see why they'd just be at WM. If your wife's in Boston ask her to look in any WM's she comes across. They're like the first series marines only the uniforms are mottled pacific camouflage instead of solid green.

I wouldn't worry, i'm sure they'll be in plentiful supply in time...

KAGNEW
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by KAGNEW » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:52 am

IF ANYBODY SEES THEM IN MIDATLATIC AREA PLEASE LET ME KNOW
THANX IN ADVANCE

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:23 pm

aferguson wrote:They just came out. Will probably be online at some point, i don't see why they'd just be at WM. They're like the first series marines only the uniforms are mottled pacific camouflage instead of solid green....
AFerg-
Found them in KY!

Noticed my local WM will get in just a case or maybe 2 of the figures and that's IT!! Stinks!
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin