For armor fans

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
aeo178
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by aeo178 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:01 pm

I WANT ONE HOW MUCH?

CENT-ONE
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by CENT-ONE » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:23 pm

Very Nice! I've been staring at this for a while trying to figure out how you got the tires to give the illusion of compression under the weight of the vehicle. They look so real and soooo perfect. Did he shave them? Did he melt them? What's the trick? :shock:

FOAM!!! I don't know if you used the roll of foam just for this reason or if it was just a nice neutral color backdrop you had nearby.

It's a great effect either way! :D

The Stryker's not so bad either... :wink:
Good Trader List
-Digger -Razor -Mowmaw -Flayrah -ThreeToughTrucks -jlspec -KWR190 -CW4USARMY -vmf214 -bravo5 -holensock -cranedriver -billgiff -Rowsdower -tparkhere

SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:04 am

foam, and it is great for packing too,it is funny how human eye see things ,after all it was foam not tires which compress,off course it was accident but when I notice it I had one of this aha moments I did not expect any body else to spot it ! Similar way I dont think I see my models the same way .Some professions are prone to skew your perception of things I was a musician half of my life since then I cant hear song as a whole I hear bass line, drums line, guitar all separate, same with model I make more or less there are separate pieces joined together if that makes any sense to you

Baker707
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Baker707 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:48 am

Does the 50.cal comes with it?
French canadian! :P
[url=http://img7.imageshack.us/i/baker707bannirezp4.png/][img]http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6660/baker707bannirezp4.png[/img][/url]