TRU has 1:18 F-18 Black Hornet...NOW!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
toyktdlgh
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by toyktdlgh » Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:48 pm

Thats crap. I bet their all the same. :shock:
I guess i'll find out when i get home. It was delivered today.

digger

doh

Post by digger » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:05 pm

I don't know whether to laugh or cry.....but how can we be surprised really? We knew Amazon was very capable of this, and because Mike tells us the Black one is coming out there is then "no doubt"? :?

Please, we all know in this business that the companies can't control the stupid stuff there distributors do.....see WM..... :roll:

let's just hope some are the Black one...like the Stuka mystery at KB :P

Rogue
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Rogue » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:14 pm

I'm waiting till y'all confirm.

So, whats the word?

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:44 pm

I can confirm it for myself, Golden dragons. Jeeeez. What’s it take to get the picture right? :evil: I'll prolly keep it though.

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Tue Aug 09, 2005 2:50 pm

Yep,

Just received mine and it is blue dragon. Definitely going back.
Gambled and lost :-)

digger

Sucks

Post by digger » Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:45 pm

As much as a pain it is to return the damn thing (and it often costs you money), it has to be done in this case. There was no mention that product may vary - this is just typical Amazon BS....maybe if they get 50 returns in one day they will get the damn photo right.....that site is a joke...

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:08 pm

I agree 100% mine is going back! It was a good deal but I really want the black one. From what our new bbi contact says it will be showing up shortly. I bet Amazon has them, their probably just sending out the old ones first. Who knows. I'll stick with reputable dealers like BCA. By the way, if you put defective down as your reason for returning it you can type out a comment. You can also choose to have UPS pick it back up with a full refund in 7 or so days. That includes your shipping. If they give me any crap about it I will remind them it was false advertising.

digger

yup

Post by digger » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:22 pm

You want to hear good deal? When these first dropped last year I hit Times Square TRU and if a company does not finance a display there(GiJoe, J-Park, Lego, Hotwheels, etc...) then they get little to no love so if something rolls in one morning they have no fancy perch for, it gets thrown on the floor with an orange tag :wink:
$29.99 were the F-18s that faithful day....but they were all gone when I went back after work :? I just couldn't come back to the office with a HUGE plane from TRU....but looking back I should have... :roll:
I did bring back some bbi USMC guys for $1.90 each 8)

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

GOLDEN DRAGON

Post by supersonicfifi » Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:24 pm

Hi evry body i am relatively new to this hobby (only have 4 aircraft) i am interested in buying from any of you the supposed "black hornet" if it s turn to be a golden dragon scheme. The price is nice but TRU won t ship to FRANCE ! so here is the deal : instead of paying for shippement back to AMAZON TRU i will cover the shipping to France ... and of course the 56 bucks of the beast ( for my part i prefer acurate and weathered scheme than demo scheme) so let me know . i was about to order one from BADCAT (very nice with us in Europe) but the price is too good to miss ! so don t get mad at Amazon and make a French buddy happy :D

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:09 pm

Holy cow.....with what Mike said i was certain that they would be the black version. Mike wanted me to pass this along:

Mike wrote:

"From the comments I have noted that TRU has not shipped the right goods...naturally we have no control over that but you can let the board know that I am investigating what happened here...it will take a few days as TRU is not famous for co-operation.

We will make sure your boys get the "blackbird" somehow."

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:27 pm

Wow, thats great Mike. I will hold on to mine for a little while just in case.

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:33 pm

Mine is expected on Weds. If it ain't black it's going back!

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:52 pm

DRAT! Still a good price though. If it's possible to get a Black one, then I will hold onto the Hornet and not open it till I heard more work from Mike.

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

re

Post by Shin Densetsu » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:56 pm

That is a VERY good price. Heck good enough for me to change some buyin plans and consider buying one! Even if it ISN;T the black one.

I do wonder though...is this sale temporary? and if the black one comes out in a few months, would it still be 56$?
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

fredricchio
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by fredricchio » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:37 pm

Good question. I think right now its 30% off, so maybe its part of the green tag clearance sale? If thats the case then it should remain at this price until the end of the year, or maybe even drop lower.

If/when they actually get the Black Skull version, though, it might be at the regular price since it sounds like this a new production run. In fact the Golden Dragons version might be on clearance right now in order to make room for the Black Skull version

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:59 am

Well if thats the case then they need to change the freakin photo! :evil:

75th Ranger
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

got both of mine

Post by 75th Ranger » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:33 am

I got both planes today, service via UPS was realy fast.
But both planes are gray, golden dragons.
Since i don't have any of these F-18, i'm going to keep them.
Plus I have to admit, they are the BEST plane out that I have seen!!!
really impressive!!!!!
They are worth their money!
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!"

HOOAH!

75th Ranger

http://community.webshots.com/user/diverman88
http://community.webshots.com/user/75thairborneranger
http://photobucket.com/albums/a360/75thRANGER/
http://community.webshots.com/user/alphascuba

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:03 pm

No sh*t they need to replace the photo, nice marketing strategy. I'm returning mine as already have several F-18's and don't need another, but it was worth the risk. Better copy the ad before they put the good ole blurb about "colors may vary" in it when people start returning theirs... Plus the packing on my particular plane was absolutely horrid. Box way too big and the Hornet was bouncing around inside whilst in transit.
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

SpareParts
Private First Class
Private First Class

What to do...

Post by SpareParts » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:11 pm

Aferg - have you heard back from Mike yet on this hornet? Got mine today and it was the Golden Dragon. Which I may end up keeping as it is really a great model. BUT, my finances allow me to buy about one of every aircraft, so I kinda wait and see when a new one is released. I troll about a bit looking for the coolest version, or the most definitive version, that is, the version that was most common or was the most effective. That all being said, I may still prefer to own the black hornet just because it looks so cool. I dunno. Maybe Mike can provide some feedback on this incident.

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Thu Aug 11, 2005 12:31 am

I wish I could of got my F-18s for a mere $55! You guys are so lucky.....

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Thu Aug 11, 2005 5:26 am

Received my two yesterday and they weren't the Black Hornet, but rather the Austrailian Hornets?? wtf!

LoL just kidding of course, they were the Golden Dragon versions, which we had figured, but they were still a deal, and I'll keep 'em for trade bait.

JohnLumley
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by JohnLumley » Thu Aug 11, 2005 6:23 am

Recieved the golden Dragons #361 on Wednesday. CRAP :cry:

I will wait a few days before returning :evil: item to Amazon.
One hundred and fifty three - 1:18 scale aircraft on the ceiling looks :shock: damn good!

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

F18 golden dragon

Post by supersonicfifi » Thu Aug 11, 2005 8:55 am

Hi evry body i am relatively new to this hobby (only have 4 aircraft) i am interested in buying from any of you the supposed "black hornet" if it s turn to be a golden dragon scheme. The price is nice but TRU won t ship to FRANCE ! so here is the deal : instead of paying for shippement back to AMAZON TRU i will cover the shipping to France ... and of course the 56 bucks of the beast ( for my part i prefer acurate and weathered scheme than demo scheme) so let me know . i was about to order one from some retailers but the price is too good to miss ! so don t get mad at Amazon and make a French buddy happy Very Happy

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Thu Aug 11, 2005 10:13 am

Wasn't black, so I sent it back. Already have a gray.

JohnLumley
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by JohnLumley » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:14 pm

Its going back tonight.

I can confirm that if you check "defective" you can leave a 200 character or less comment. I selected the "drop off at UPS location" and I got a confirmation that I would not be charged for return shipping. :)

No Bull Sh*t :evil: like this when dealing with Bad Cat. Will order this item from there when its available.
One hundred and fifty three - 1:18 scale aircraft on the ceiling looks :shock: damn good!