Interview questions for 21st

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by vulgarvulture » Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:21 am

Regarding aircraft:

1) Will the focus remain on WWII, or begin to shift to Korea and Vietnam?

2) Are the odds greater or less than 50% for each model to do a: F-4, A-1, A-4, A-6 or A-7?

Thanks much!

mediump
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by mediump » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:00 am

How about some advice from "the master" on customizing, repaints, weatherizing...I've noticed that 21st century tanks and vehicles come like new with no combat damage or weatherizing...compared to smaller scale FOV, etc...

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:38 am

What are future armor considerations and what is the status with the Zero, ME-262, F-86, and Mig-15.

jhogan
Corporal
Corporal

Post by jhogan » Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:37 pm

Ask Roy What is being done to improve delivery on announced products? What are 21C's plans to communicate better with the retail buyer on product delivery? (Us)

aktiger
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by aktiger » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:07 pm

Please ask if there is a way for Area 21 members to get the exclusive European release of the FW-190?

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:21 pm

I too would like to know whether the new 1/32nd armor that was recently released is being considered for 1/18th scale. :D

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:30 pm

I second (or maybe third!) the question about the Platoon figures - will we see them this year?

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 8:42 pm

What about better health care, higher wages, lower gas prices?8)
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:17 pm

If you don't have USMC figures by now then you're not really into the figures....
Digger, I respect you man, but not everyone buys online for whatever reason (myself included in this group), and with Wal-Mart being who they've touted as their big retail partner in this endeavour I think a remark/complaint about that company's handling of things (and perhaps better communication between the two companies) is legitimate.

If a comment to 21st helps improve the situation at brick & mortar retail for those of us not willing or able to only buy online, then I'm all for that. It may help though and it may not, but it's something that concerns me so it's a comment I want to make while I potentially have their ear. If they choose to ignore it that's on them then and I at least got my voice out on the subject.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:56 pm

I know WM is a favorite topic and I know that there are legitimate complaints and room for improvement. But frankly WM really does what it wants when it wants. As far as "choosing" where to distribute, well 21st don't choose Wal-Mart. Its the other way around! So as with any big box retailer, WM just gets to do what it wants and 21st I am sure makes the requests for improvements when they can but when the day is done Wal Mart just flat out does what ever it pleases.

I agree it is nice to walk into a store and see new things, or in some cases it is frustrating to walk in a see nothing but That is just they way it works.

Don't get me wrong here, it is a great question for 21st but I can assure you. This is the answer. There isn't anything that can be done to change it. I personally am happy to have WM in the mix if simply it means that we get to have more products made and offered to us. Large accounts = healthy company = more cool toys. So even if you can't find exactly what you are looking for from your local WM it is still good to have them around in the long run.

Now what would be cool is if 21st could get into other stores like Target or perhaps back into TRU. At least then we could check them out for product while we drive from WM to WM! If you really like I will raise the question but I'm willing to bet my german F-104 that we already have the answer. All good questions though keep them coming.

tko211

Post by tko211 » Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:59 pm

Razor:

You had me laughing at your questions!... you looking to make a career move? I think 21st has a work for free XD program! :wink:

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:16 am

As I said tko211,
Are you working to find new retail partnerships or are you just going to be dealing with Wal-Mart who seem to mishandle the line?
My question wasn't really for them to push improvement with WM or anything... I've had enough experience of my own with the Toy Industry to know that doesn't happen. As you can see though I was more pushing to see if they're seeking MORE retail partnerships. Hasbro's even doing work with Family Dollar and other smaller retailers (believe it or not) to get AWAY from Wal-Mart and inspire more competition... I'm curious if 21st is trying to shop around to other retailers like Target, K-Mart, or whoever it may be. I know WM's not working out on my end, and they're really not the best for any toy line I collect actually.

More importantly though, I'm curious about what exactly the figure future looks like... Marines and Japanese aside, there's not much we seem to have to look forward to now while elsewhere there's always something coming 'round the corner to anticipate. 21st's kind of silent on that stuff and with those rumored 1st series Redux boxed sets (and other "army builder" boxed sets), as well as the film lines like Platoon and Bridge Too Far, I'm very curious to hear what maybe is on the horizon from 21st.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

luftpanzer

Post by luftpanzer » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:55 am

I would like to see mobel arty like the M7 priest or the German Nashorn

digger

figures....mmmm....figures....

Post by digger » Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:12 am

Jesse James wrote: with Wal-Mart being who they've touted as their big retail partner in this endeavour I think a remark/complaint about that company's handling of things (and perhaps better communication between the two companies) is legitimate.
Point taken. I still think as 1:18 gains in popularity 21st will be found in other stores. I have said before and I will say again that I think people will be very surprised about where they find XD before Xmas time....this stuff is just too good to be at only one store.

As for figures, I'm with you JJ, they should be out all the time and everywhere possible. Even for the guys who have 50 USMC (me), it's always nice to get a "fix" off the pegs once and a while. But we CANNOT complain about not knowing what's to come. We KNOW there will be Platoon figures, we KNOW there will be a PTO bulk pack with Rangers, we KNOW there will be new Marines, and I am willing to bet there will be at least one other bulk pack before Xmas (see above). To ask for exact dates is absurd - it serves the company no good to say when exactly we should expect something - if it doesn't arrive we lose our mind. Mike at bbi seems to have found a much better approach to keeping us informed - keep us guessing :wink:

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:43 am

Oh.. I have another one!!!

Will the new-tooled Mustang also be reproduced in the 32x line??????
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

Mad Ewok
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Mad Ewok » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:14 am

Is there a possibility of any medium bombers like a B-25 or B-26?

Will there ever be a contest in which the winner would recieve a figure or tank or plane in which their relatives fought in made specially for them? For instance if they were infantry then a figure, if they were tankers then the type of tank they used, if they were airmen then the type of plane they used?
Last edited by Mad Ewok on Wed Aug 10, 2005 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Wed Aug 10, 2005 1:13 pm

Hi Boss

Could you please ask Roy if he looked and liked the pics that I sent him for some 1:18 scale XD Modern U.S. Marine desert forces? And could they be possible? The pics are of characters from the new PC game BattleField2.

Would love to see the 1st XD WWII U.S. Infantry figures make a come back with the new articulation removable helmets and the Uniforms made to scale to the figures bodies (Uniforms looked alittle tight) :oops:

SGT. Saunders
There's only one way out of HELL! and that's through it!!

Rylau
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Question for 21st

Post by Rylau » Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:27 pm

A generic 105 howitzer with plenty of articulation that can be hooked up to the weapons carrier. This has been around forever and everyone who does ground forces can certainly use several. It's not very large so packageing should not be a concern.

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:17 pm

Can you ask when are the big riding toys for kids coming out?
Havent heard about them since the toy fair earlier this year.
Cant wait for the kids to have a ball with these!! :-)

fredricchio
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by fredricchio » Wed Aug 10, 2005 4:53 pm

One more question, and I don't even know if they'll want to talk about this, but whats the deal with the Small Blue Planet SS set? Will it really be produced and if so is it exclusive to them?

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:07 pm

tko211 wrote:Razor:

You had me laughing at your questions!... you looking to make a career move? I think 21st has a work for free XD program! :wink:
P51 -
I'll would take the "work for free XD" position, but I don't see the wife going along with that one...
Isn't it ironic how much information we are receiving from the 21st and BBI and we still have questions out the ying-yang!??

A really serious question for Roy and 21st Century would be how much of a threat do they think BBI is to their market share??
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:12 pm

Does 21st Century plan to make a B-25 ,B-26,ME-110 or Mosquito in the near future? What is the status of the Zero?
Please make a 1/18th Pack40,Flak37, and a U.S. howitzer.

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Wed Aug 10, 2005 11:13 pm

Dig,

I'm not sure we DO know those sets are coming though... Only because that after so much experience with toy companies displaying things, I've learned that what they display isn't necessarilly what we get... I'm just curious IF these things are confirmed more than when they're coming. I've not heard them explicitly say we are getting these boxed sets and stuff and would like it to be just confirmed for the future... What they display at shows (especially Toy Fair) is just what they're TRYING to sell themselves. I just hope those boxed sets of figures are true, and I wouldn't mind some specific information like if they're going to be removable headgear figures, updated articulation... When's of no consequence so long as they are coming, and are as great as I'm hoping. :P

bluesparrow
Corporal
Corporal

Post by bluesparrow » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:51 am

fredricchio wrote:One more question, and I don't even know if they'll want to talk about this, but whats the deal with the Small Blue Planet SS set? Will it really be produced and if so is it exclusive to them?
Please do ask about this.

kevrut

xd

Post by kevrut » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:33 pm

What's the status on the 1/18 P-38 "Pudgy"? Why not a "Marge"?