Hi - New to boards and relatively new to XD 1:18

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Lefty
Sergeant
Sergeant

Hi - New to boards and relatively new to XD 1:18

Post by Lefty » Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:55 pm

Just wanted to introduce myself and say it's great to finally find a forum of fellow 1:18 XD collectors. I had noticed the 1:18 planes about a year ago and was drooling all over them, but didn't actually buy any until early this past summer when a bunch of them went on clearance for $20 each -- and it's all been downhill from there! :oops:

I've got a collection of 13 planes currently, with a couple on pre-order (desert camo 109 and bubble top P-47) that I hope to see soon -- sure wish these things would have been available when I was a kid!!! I'm also very interested in BBI's new "Killer" 1:18 Mustang (and any other 1:18 offerings) -- although my wife would beg to differ as I'm quickly running out of room in the basement.....

Found the site trying to find info. on the night 109 after seeing one pop up on eBay (some poor sap has already bid the thing up to $79!!! :shock: ) -- glad to see that they are available for much less than that and hopefully my Wal-Mart will have some soon (if not, I'll likely order one from Toy Fed).

Anyway, I've seen some pics of planes that I've never heard of or seen anywhere else and was wondering if anybody had any information. The first is a Corsair that is mostly grey with a black stripe on top from the cockpit to the nose, and the other is a silver Mustang with what looks like D-Day invasion stripes and olive/yellow accents. I've seen pics of these aircraft HERE but I'm not sure how old that page is. Any info. is appreciated -- Thanks!

hworth18
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by hworth18 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:09 pm

Welcome Lefty!!!! I am sure you'll enjoy the stay.. :D
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:17 pm

Welcome to the board. :) The Mustang you are thinking of I believe is the first issue that came out quite some time ago. They command a decent price on eBay, if you can even find one. The grey Corsair has never been produced, it least not to my knowledge.

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:00 pm

Welcome to the board Lefty. We are all in the same boat here, filled to the gills in planes. Toyktdlgh is correct with the grey Corsair. It was an actual paint scheme used on Marine AU-1s during the Korean war era. 21st wisely passed on it since that version looked nothing like an F4U-1

I welcome you to peruse the Profile Album to see which paint schemes actually existed and who they belonged to. Just click the website button!

Again, happy to have you aboard and good collecting. You are joining the board at a great time!

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

victory
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by victory » Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:18 pm

Welcome to the board Lefty and to the XD addiction as it looks that your off to great start.

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:06 pm

Welcome the the board! Don't forget to check out the new bbi products!

Razor17019

I'd say the hardest plane to find right now is the 2nd relea

Post by Razor17019 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:34 pm

Centone,
Do you have a link to a pic of this plane??
I don't think I have seen it.
Thanks!
Razor

Lefty-
Nice to have you aboard.
Don't forget to take a look at the Buy/Trade forum.
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:15 pm

Welcome to the board Lefty, this group sure keeps you up to date on new offerings. This place is getting crowded with big planes too! Keep'em coming-Enjoy.
Todd

Lefty
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Lefty » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:47 pm

Thanks for the welcome everyone -- with my relatively late start to collecting unfortunately I missed out on both the original and spinach camo 109s, but the Galland 109 looks like a nice substitute and the night 109 looks simply amazing. Was the spinach/sand 109 some kind of limited run/exclusive offering? Seems like these and the original gray 109s regularly go for triple digit prices on eBay which is a little steep for my tastes.

I have been pretty lucky getting some of the older P-51s so far -- just snagged a Lou IV a few weeks ago and found a blue nose a couple of months ago, both for no more than what I would have paid for a new/current model off the shelf at a retailer -- gotta love the Mustangs.

I'll check out the B/S/T boards -- although I don't have anything right now to offer (my extras are going out to my nephews for Christmas! :lol: ).