World Peacekeepers

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Stug45
Officer - Brigadier General

World Peacekeepers

Post by Stug45 » Wed Oct 21, 2009 7:40 pm

The Aerial Rocket Helicopter looks sweet.

http://www.lambstoys.co.uk/acatalog/Wor ... epers.html
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:44 pm

Yes it does! Rowsdower actually saw it at a Big Lots in Florida, part of the new assortment that includes the Chinese IFV and the middle eastern bombed out building. In California, I've seen the IFV and building but not the Helicopter yet. The PTE Type 98 tank from the same series is also very cool. These are some of the best vehicles yet made by PTE and have me all rather excited. Its nice to have modern armor and helos that aren't M1s, Hummers, and Apaches 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

gouchy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by gouchy » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:44 am

Is it supposed to be a lynx? Looks cool...

oh its a dauphin.. saw it on the other thread

That 50cal sniper on a horse just cracks me up... guess he missed his extraction n have to get the hell outta dodge :lol:

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:53 am

Alot of neat new fun stuff coming! Now I'll be checking BL's everyweek!
Looks like the days of the 'hunt' are still here.

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:09 am

Several people have spotted the Z-9, but no one has bought it yet. Rumor has it it doesn't come with it's weapon payload.

I think it's hidden in that partition in the box, but you never can tell.
I Tan I Epi Tas

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:46 am

I hope the A-10 shows up again.

I missed it last time :(
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:14 am

despite being somewhat underscale i think i'll get the helicopter if i see it. No chance of ever getting a bigger version and it would look pretty cool as a coast guard chopper or a french navy rescue helicopter or something like that. A nice change of pace..

I hope PTE keeps making nice quality and interesting subjects in future. I could see them doing all kinds of neat stuff like SAM sites, landing craft, Lynx helicopters etc.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:57 am

Ta-152 wrote:Several people have spotted the Z-9, but no one has bought it yet. Rumor has it it doesn't come with it's weapon payload.

I think it's hidden in that partition in the box, but you never can tell.
Maybe it's like Airwolf and all the launchers pop out. Damn, now I got the theme song in my head.:lol:

I agree with Aferg, I think PTE is onto something good here and if this stuff sells I think it is very likely we will see more cool stuff.

I went to Big Lots this morning to get a chopper for Tman only to find that some guy bought every one plus all the IFV's and bombed out buildings last night.:evil: :evil:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

zhukov
Corporal
Corporal

Post by zhukov » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:01 am

yeah the new series from pte is really cool. i posted reviews with pics ages ago when i got them, in this forum. the helo does have the payload, but it is doesnt have 2 of any of them so the payload on each side varues (you cant arm it the same on both sides) unless you buy two of course. this series is really cool, i love the type 98 and the ifv, the su27 rocks...i cant wait to see what their next series will include since they are willing to make previously not made vehicles.

fingers crossed for a bmp 2 (my custom isnt going very well :( ) and something like an sa-6 or msta 2s19.....

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:22 am

I want that type 98! 8)

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:36 am

zhukov wrote:yeah the new series from pte is really cool. i posted reviews with pics ages ago when i got them, in this forum. the helo does have the payload, but it is doesnt have 2 of any of them so the payload on each side varues (you cant arm it the same on both sides) unless you buy two of course.
That's ridiculous.

There are three releases of this thing: Chinese, with the Chinese troops and accessories) European/Asian market, which has the the Chinese troops replaced with Anglo ones, retains roadblocks and traffic cones, then ours, which comes with the Anglo troops, standard M4s and traffic cones, and as yet unknown ordinance.

China's:

Europe/Asia:

North America's:

Still think the stuff is hidden in that space on the left.
I Tan I Epi Tas

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:25 am

Still think the stuff is hidden in that space on the left.
I hope so! Looks naked without the rockets
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:35 pm

they may have had problems with people stealing the rockets out of the boxes in stores, since they are asymetrical and people wanted matching sets and so started putting them underneath the yellow thingy.

It would be odd to sell an 'aerial rocket helicopter' without any rockets. :lol:

however, in truth, unless you plan to use this as a chinese attack heliopter you dont' need the rockets as they aren't appropriate to any other version of the dauphin.

zhukov
Corporal
Corporal

Post by zhukov » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:37 pm

ta-152, where is that chinese version picture from? they have removeable helmets and new guns in that pic. id love to see more of that and find out once and for all what the variations are. the european version of the helo definately has three weapons pods, three different ones, one of each. two are rocket launchers, one smaller and one larger, and one atgm launcher for 4 removeable atgms. ill see if i can find the pics i posted..

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:50 pm

aferguson wrote:
however, in truth, unless you plan to use this as a chinese attack heliopter you dont' need the rockets as they aren't appropriate to any other version of the dauphin.
I have no interest in this thing as a Dauphin or HH-65. I like my attack helos bristling and generally symmetrical, Kiowa aside.

zhukov wrote:ta-152, where is that chinese version picture from? they have removeable helmets and new guns in that pic. id love to see more of that and find out once and for all what the variations are. the european version of the helo definately has three weapons pods, three different ones, one of each. two are rocket launchers, one smaller and one larger, and one atgm launcher for 4 removeable atgms. ill see if i can find the pics i posted..
That pic is from M&C's Chinese web page.

They even have a promo cartoon. Better than GI Joe, too.
I Tan I Epi Tas

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:57 pm

Ta-152 whats the chinese website??

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:01 pm

I Tan I Epi Tas

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:05 pm

Thanks Ta-152 :)

sluff
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by sluff » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:12 pm

Well, I found the helicopter at big lots and bought it. It does not come with any rockets and there is no place for them to be mounted. This is definately good custom fodder I wish I had the talent to turn it into a coast guard dauphin. As far as the other items go, there were no IFV's but there was a command center, the bombed out building, a watch tower and several humvee variants. There are even single packs of horses, camels and battlefield accessories. I like the Humvees but they seem a little small
Where is my Skyraider?

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:19 pm

Sluff whats in the box on the side??

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:21 pm

sluff wrote:Well, I found the helicopter at big lots and bought it. It does not come with any rockets and there is no place for them to be mounted. This is definately good custom fodder I wish I had the talent to turn it into a coast guard dauphin. As far as the other items go, there were no IFV's but there was a command center, the bombed out building, a watch tower and several humvee variants. There are even single packs of horses, camels and battlefield accessories. I like the Humvees but they seem a little small
Big pass for me, then.

No worries though, leaves cash for the FoV Tiger.
I Tan I Epi Tas

sluff
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by sluff » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:30 pm

Stug, The side is just empty space
Where is my Skyraider?

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:20 pm

so they are selling an 'aerial rocket helicopter' with no rockets. What's up with that? Could it be to save money?..or at the request of Big Lots?..or just a production goof? Very strange.

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Thu Oct 22, 2009 3:46 pm

aferguson wrote:so they are selling an 'aerial rocket helicopter' with no rockets. What's up with that? Could it be to save money?..or at the request of Big Lots?..or just a production goof? Very strange.
Exactly what I was thinking. Well there goes my interest in the thing, I guess I will just go for the bombed out building for a little diorama goodness.

Even worse is that the Chinese version looks bad ass! Grrrr! :cry:

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:08 pm

Rowsdower wrote:Even worse is that the Chinese version looks bad ass! Grrrr! :cry:

This really sucks just when i thought pte was getting awesome :(

Rowsdower how can we get the chinese version?